Q: I want to build a device using the Dynatube cabs...

A place for developers to share ideas and assist each other in solving problems.

Moderators: valis, garyb

Shroomz~>

Post by Shroomz~> »

To make the connection read only/unidirectional, just insert a diode.
wolf

Post by wolf »

voidar wrote: You mean my SR-detector isn't working for you?
nono, it works fine. It's just I don't get it rebuild by hand with your explanation above .. little fool I am, hehe.
It sometimes gave me a hard time getting it to work as it could be very inconsistent. But when it does, and you save it, it works here, at least the updated one. The old one would work in SDK, but not in SFP (for 44.1K) for some reason.
ok, you got fooled, too :)
If you handle the wordclock module correctly I see no real danger really. Though seeing as controllers are biidirectional, I see how one could accidentally set something instead of reading.
The point with the wordclock module is -> it sets SR and master/slave without having any connections done. A Diode doesn't help here, Shroomz.
For a short test: save WC module, change SR setting, load WC module
voidar

Post by voidar »

Yes, I discovered the WC module acting like this, so I went back to my SR.
EDIT: I wonder if having a controller pad hooked up to the main/project WC-module via store/connect will work?

I solved the 44.1K issue with some logical gates, so now 44.1K output only goes 1 when the others are 0.

All in all it is a very frustrating device to build, and I suspect it is because async values only update "when they have to".
Thus try hooking the sync output to an osc. Things should start to work. If not, replace the ifs that don't work.
When everything works fine, just delete the osc, move out of the sub circuit, check if it works and save it.