midi controls not properly working

A place for developers to share ideas and assist each other in solving problems.

Moderators: valis, garyb

bosone

midi controls not properly working

Post by bosone »

Hi!
i have finished a midi routing device, but i have problems with midi CC remote controls
i want to control a button with my external hardware controller

i think i have properly setup everything and everything seems to work:

1) if i "learn midi CC" it works and the button is remotely controlled
2) if i store a preset, the button state is properly loaded

BUT...

if i save the device inside a project with the proper MIDI CC assigned to that button, the midi remote control is not working, even if i correctly see a midi assignment in the midi controller window.
the only way to make the button remote control work is to delete the old CC assignment and to assign a new one (even the same one!).

in SDK, i have the 2 modules midi controller linker and midi channel linker, with pads CH and CCon connected. the midi in of the midi controller linker is connected to the midi input of the device.
i think i properly set up also the "parameters" and "preset parameters list" according to the document "first time use": all the vars werer dragged in the "parameters" and in the "preset parameters list" (and they are correclt restored by presets and when i load the project which contains the device
i also did the:

In the Project Explorer, find MIDI Channel Linker and click on it. You will see a pad labeled CSynth. Drag this into the Parameter window and rename its name to cwMidiChannel.

as suggested in the first time use doc.

are there other things i should do!?!?

thanks!
bosone

Post by bosone »

ok.. i solved by tranfserring all the modules and routing to an "empty synth" module...
i dont' know what was the cause...
now it's OK!