generation of MIDI notes?

A place for developers to share ideas and assist each other in solving problems.

Moderators: valis, garyb

bosone

generation of MIDI notes?

Post by bosone »

is it possible to generate a midi note on/off event given a midi note number and a velocity (1-127) value?
how?!? i saw modules to generate note numbers given the frequency...
but how can i "build" a midi event to be the output of a module??
moreover, the note length should be controlled by the status of another input val, maybe a 0 - 1 control...

simple example: i want to press a button on the surface and this will generate a midi output event, to be conencted to another module....

thanks!
MCCY

Post by MCCY »

As far as I rememeber I once got a module to spit out every note, control... velocity & co. which I wanted it to... only problem: I couldn't get a midi-off signal :) I didn't spent more than 30min. on it, so I guess it'd be easy to find a solution. Maybe I'll have some minutes this weekend.

Martin
bosone

Post by bosone »

if you'd like you can also send me the project! :D
thanks anyway!
MCCY

Post by MCCY »

It was rather a handwritten table of values to be fed into the module but I will look what I can reconstruct. I fear I threw away the paper because midi wasn't in my interest so much. It'd be cool to get some knowledge thrown together to push the midi-developement-corner.

Martin
irrelevance

Re: generation of MIDI notes?

Post by irrelevance »

Not only notes but cc's too. I found the midi ctrl filter dsp module and have been trying to patch a cc filter without much joy. I have had it outputing cc based on the midi cc input but have yet to find a way to filter. In fact I'm not sure if that is the modules intended purpose even if the name suggests it. It came to my mind it is likely to have something to do with controller assignments within the project or device.