sdk arrived!

A place for developers to share ideas and assist each other in solving problems.

Moderators: valis, garyb

bosone

sdk arrived!

Post by bosone »

my sdk has finally arrived!
i just spent about 30 min looking around, without even reading the manual...and i must say that i didnt understood anything!!! :-?
the environment seems clear but, at a first glance, i absolutely don't understand how can i make a device out of this!!!

one of the first idea i have in mind is to try to build a single module with a "collection" of the stock SFP devices, so for example collect 3 stereo gates into one single device (just to "clean" my SFP routing window, no more!)
another simple idea is to make a single device to handle all my MIDI routing (it's very intricate!!!!!)

so, the first thing i did was to drag the "effect module" just have a template with in and out, and drag inside of it a standard gate module from the usual sotck SFP devices ...
but even if the gate is working, when i export the new device i cannot see the gate controls on the effect surface, so that it's impossible to control the gate itself!
anyway, i think i will have to print and read the manual (it would the first time that i do that!!! :D)

just for a quicker start, is there some tutorial projects in which simple device/fx are built, just to see how to a "finished" device will look like into SDK?!

anyway, i just have a new toy to play with! :P
bosone

Post by bosone »

WOW!
let's put sticky that post! :D

thanks!!
hifiboom

Post by hifiboom »

my recommendation is to simply read the delivered manual, there is a first start project also.

Its pretty easy to understand whats going on and the manual is written quite well, but it misses some parts when you get a bit more experienced.

But if you simply wanna learn the basics its quite good for that.

You can learn this quite easy, I can assure you that almost every other development environment that I know of has a much slower learning curve that the sc sdk.

my recommendation:

(1) read the manual once completly (you can do this on a half a day)
(2) read the manual again and try out the things that are explained carefully

Later if you have a problem with a specific area, you can call for help and you will find help surely
:) .
Lima

Post by Lima »

Wow! A new developer!
All my best wishes Matteo!
:-)
Welcome to the dawning of a new empire
Neutron

Post by Neutron »

did they send it to you by snail mail, or just email the kay and you could download it?
bosone

Post by bosone »

SDK arrived by snail mail, they tried 2 times, since the first it didnt arrived!
Jah Servant

Post by Jah Servant »

welcome, I am also just starting with SDK. You'll find everybody here helpful, but do go through the sample project first, it will help you somewhat, but there is alot missing.