What are people using for their graphic creation?

A place for developers to share ideas and assist each other in solving problems.

Moderators: valis, garyb

onomat

Post by onomat »

Hi all!
:smile:

Don't know what you all use for creating your TGA/BMPs for Scope but must be better way than Photoshop.

Lots of problems with creating files with Alpha transparencies...what are you all using for making knobs, animations, general graphics etc...?

Creamware recommend Truespace but I don't find it very friendly....

What do you think?
sayton
De-Vice'
spacef

Post by spacef »

i think the best is 3d max.
despite

Post by despite »

Only use photoshop, if you are creative you can do lots of stuff with it. It's just how creative you are.

Cheers,

Despite
Warp69

Post by Warp69 »

Hi,

Im using Photoshop and Lightwave 5.6 :grin:

Cheers
Martin
spacef

Post by spacef »

i'm not sure outputing 127 files with photoshop is a matter of creativity :grin:
Neutron

Post by Neutron »

When you create an animated knob or something like that in 3d studio MAX it will automatically do the alpha channel if you chose the right file type (and have no background), not only that but it creates the filenames numbered the same way as scope likes them.

for anyone using max4 I can send a max project I used to make the free knobs on my site. it is all set up to render 32 TGAs with alpha etc.
spacef

Post by spacef »

In any case, when you have an alpha channel in an image, especially if output by a non 3D software, you should always test in OS mode to see what happens.
It is possible that you get some strange behaviours like a transparent device in some part of it's surface, not always where you thought it would have been.
Apparently , the alphas and TGAs of different software are different themselves.
think of testing under OS mode.