8 BUSS DSP Hardware Effects Unit

A place for developers to share ideas and assist each other in solving problems.

Moderators: valis, garyb

Warp69

Post by Warp69 »

Arh sorry - I meant : I used the Random Hall Algorihm.

But you're right - there're some "random" elements inside the algorithms - probably the most impressive modulation technique I have ever come across.
hifiboom

Post by hifiboom »

warp, seriously ,

I think all these three sound top notch (480L, PCM91, M7)

form the sound samples none sound really better, but just slightly different.

The Lexicons maybe a bit more "audible" and "defined" in the tail (cloudy), while the M7 is slightly more layed back and a bit more subtile.
Warp69

Post by Warp69 »

Hi,

You should be able to hear the difference in density - quite clearly infact. Non of the other touch the density of the M7.

If you compare the 480L and the PCM91 - then you can hear a smoother tail from the 480L - listen to long burst. Both Lexicons have that bright synthetic hiss in the begining, which aint present in the M7.

Oh and no one have supplied with real world sound clips - you cant judge a reverb by just noise burst.

Both the 480L and M7 sound top notch, but the PCM91 aint in the same league (listen to the tail in the long burst test). After some time, you begin to really appreciate the density of the M7. This is a hall test and I do believe that the M7 sounds alot more like a hall than the Lexicons.

Cheers
hifiboom

Post by hifiboom »

Hi warp,
Warp69 wrote:Hi,
You should be able to hear the difference in density - quite clearly infact. Non of the other touch the density of the M7.
I think they all end up with high density. The difference IMO between the 3 is that the briscanti has the full density almost right from the start.
I wouldn`t say more density is always better. The 480L has more a growup of density, which may be important for a big size illusion.( in the first milliseconds...)
Whereas on the briscanti samples there really is no growup of density, more or less just in amplitude. It seems to have one ultra dense soundfield through the complete tail.
Warp69 wrote: If you compare the 480L and the PCM91 - then you can hear a smoother tail from the 480L - listen to long burst.
to me the density seems similar. but the 480L seems to have a different filter architecture or something that makes it sound "deeper" and "heavier. Could be also something regarding implementation of the Lexicon bass tail multiplier in the 480L.... ?
I think the algos are almost the same, but they have a little difference inside it that makes a huge difference at the end.

But I think there is no bigger difference reagrding the density of the 480L and PCM91. But my ears could possibly fool me.
Both Lexicons have that bright synthetic hiss in the begining, which aint present in the M7.
yes, but that may be important to grab into the dry sound and make dry and wet become "one thing".
On the Lexicons you cannot hear the end of the dry sound and the beginning of the wet part. Whereas on the M7 you can hear it. IMO its a matter of taste.
But from the burst demos, its likely that the M7 does not do the "cloudy wash" reverb the lexicons are famous for.
Both the 480L and M7 sound top notch, but the PCM91 aint in the same league (listen to the tail in the long burst test). After some time, you begin to really appreciate the density of the M7. This is a hall test and I do believe that the M7 sounds alot more like a hall than the Lexicons.
From the very few samples I have heard so far, it seems that the M7 and the Lexicon units are rather a complement instead of a substitute.

I think I need all soon or later. :lol: :P
Shroomz~>

Post by Shroomz~> »

:D
Attachments
The world's leading investigator of reverb ponders the 3 units intensely. The cigar is a must for concentration.
The world's leading investigator of reverb ponders the 3 units intensely. The cigar is a must for concentration.
cigars43.jpg (8.75 KiB) Viewed 831 times