modifying existing device

A place for developers to share ideas and assist each other in solving problems.

Moderators: valis, garyb

bosone

modifying existing device

Post by bosone »

so... i'm waiting impatiently my SDK...
before starting to make serious question regarding how to use it, i have some curiosity which i must fulfill now... :D

is it possible to import into SDK existing device (even creamware stock devices) and modify them or use them as "templates" for new devices?

for example, is it possible to make a single device using, for example, the standard gate, the comp and the EQ provided with SFP ? i imagine a window in which you "import" these three devices, chain them, make a new GUI and save your new device...
hifiboom

Post by hifiboom »

correct,
for sure you CANNOT open cw stock devices...
:)

the basic manual is quite good for a rough understanding, the rest: "learning how to use the modules/atoms" is up to you.

There is no real explanations for the atoms, but most of the stuff you can find out for yourself..
voidar

Post by voidar »

When you drag i.e. Compressor M into the workspace, you won't be able to see the internals, but the device surface will show up. You can rearrange the graphics. In that regard you can use standard devices in your own. No need to design the compressor from scratch.