view pep script

A place for developers to share ideas and assist each other in solving problems.

Moderators: valis, garyb

freaknet

view pep script

Post by freaknet »

hello everybody,

is there a way to view the source of a pep script??

when i want to start my keyboard it says that my sg-12 dsp card isnt built for my motherboard.

the problem is i bought a wersi abacus keyboard from an professional enterntainer for my hobby keyboard playing. but after some months the motherboard in that keyboard broke. so a friend of mine replaced it with a new one. but now i have to activate the card for that new board. as i called wersi they said i have to pay 1500€ for a license and they only sell it to commercial users.

so my question is:
could anybody of you who has this scope sdk open my pep script file and give me the code of my script?

thanks in advance
at0m

Post by at0m »

Hi,

How does that Wersi keyboard connect to Scope? Over MIDI? Then a pep file has nothing to do with your problem. If it hosts a Scope, and it was sold as one unit, I think you have to contact Wersi again for support... (of course, feel free to ask around here, but we have none of the source code!)

Maybe you should elaborate a little bit? Here's a link to a page on the Wersi: http://www.organfax.co.uk/instruments/wersi/abacus.html

Regards,

at0m.
more has been done with less
https://soundcloud.com/at0m-studio
astroman

Re: view pep script

Post by astroman »

freaknet wrote:... after some months the motherboard in that keyboard broke. so a friend of mine replaced it with a new one. but now i have to activate the card for that new board. as i called wersi they said i have to pay 1500€ for a license and they only sell it to commercial users...
looks like the Wersi-OEM-Scope board is tied to a specific mobo, which is entirely a feature of the Wersi software, but not Scope related.

the 2 most common ways to do this:
a 'system features checksum', which means that the system cannot distinguish between identical chipsets and items like HD, CDRom etc - WinXP uses this method in a slightly tolerant way.
Of course this could be enforced so no 2 mobos deliver an identical checksum...

method 2 would be (for example) the hardware MAC of the ethernet controller, which is guaranteed to be unique worldwide.
This would be devious in case the controller is onboard... Otherwise one could move the network card to the new system.

cheers, Tom