Upsampling/oversampling?

A place for developers to share ideas and assist each other in solving problems.

Moderators: valis, garyb

voidar

Upsampling/oversampling?

Post by voidar »

I know there are some devices that use oversampling in their filters and I was wondering if this is hard to do in SDK, if a standard library exists etc.?

I'll be getting a 14/15 DSP card soon and will thus apply for an SDK license. I've also got this idea for a mixer/summer that uses oversampling.
hifiboom

Post by hifiboom »

I`m also interested in oversampling filters and that stuff...
Shroomz~>

Post by Shroomz~> »

It's definately possible, but I'm not entirely sure how yet. It's just a multiplication of samplerate. I'm gonna pick my brain on this.. you should be able to hear it ticking.
astroman

Post by astroman »

you may have already googled it, but just in case
http://www.earlevel.com/Digital%20Audio/
easy to read style - pick your chapter of choice :D

cheers, Tom
hifiboom

Post by hifiboom »

first question:

is it possible with the standard cw atoms or do you need to code specialized DSP codelines to use it with sdk?

second question :

my basic understanding is:
the CW oscillators are band limited so they don`t antialias when being pitched....

would it be possible to build a non-band limited oscillator like the Adern one, that filters the aliasing freq away after pitching?
so that it does not sound out of tune at higher notes but still fresh and rich at lower notes?

I mean is it possible to build an oscillator that is band limited in the higher freq rangen and non-limited in the lower ranges?
Shroomz~>

Post by Shroomz~> »

Hifiboom, practically anything is possible. Actually doing it is another matter altogether. Seriously, the sdk is one DEEP & powerfull enviroment, so honestly there are are very few things that it isn't capable of. There are a few, but not too many in terms of dsp.
hifiboom

Post by hifiboom »

I hope to look into that myself soon.