Fiddlingwith SFP and open devices.

A place for developers to share ideas and assist each other in solving problems.

Moderators: valis, garyb

next to nothing

Post by next to nothing »

hubird wrote: Wait for the next derailment, and don't say I didn't say so.
Who cares? and i am not talking about the derailment. if i spoke about the derailment i would have said something like "i dont know who posted the first reply here connecting to "the issue"" or something like "i dont know who posted a picture of a robber in the second fairligth announcement as a first reply".

can we PLEASE stick to the actual topics from now on? pretty please with sugar on top?
hubird

Post by hubird »

Immanuel wrote:Huub, it kind of looks as if you are actually trying to troll Eric.
no, really not, I'm just realistic, based on my experience here on planetz and life of course.
I admit, I don't have any confidence in the public performance qualities of E. and O., they just don't understand, I can't help it!
And indeed, I'm already at a point that I don't care so much about my -occasional- words, that's the result of all conflicts with them.
I'm not a Saint, true, guess I felt disappointed about seeing E. back on the subject, thought it was over.
But trolling for sure it was not.
digitalaudiosoft

Post by digitalaudiosoft »

astroman wrote:honestly - I respect Eric's point of view as he's posted above
I have a different opinion about some conclusions - but I don't see a problem if things are exchanged this way and on this level

cheers, Tom
i respect U2 ,tom :wink:

like scope4live,i'm sad to see this great forum with those kind of topics.
now that everybody have understood the truth,it's enough and good for me.
and i would like you read well what i'm writting next.

my only wish should be to have the possibility to delete myself,all malicious topics about digitalaudiosoft,not some posts...but all topics where digitalaudiosoft is concerned...like what's wrong...like conspiracy...even mine when i call you as stupid...all...but,i can't...
martin derknott has cleaned some of his malicious post...it was great from him.
if you tom,hubird,eliam,and all the few members who don't like me could clean them too,it could be very nice for planetz.
we ( das ) are walking on another way now,and as bill3107 has written,i'm very bad in forum communication,but when i'm in front of music artist from my true professional job or a director of big compagny like emt,my feeling is more than better.that's life :wink:
so,if we could resolve all this sad story by cleaning all those topics from the first day we came here,i will forget this story (believe me) and let olive do the comunication here ,if comunication is needed.
time is to prove that we are adult ,and i write "we are" ,that we are all for peace and for cleaning planetz.
it's possible...i remember a topic where shroomz were concerned and flamed by those who are his friends now...

do you think my wish could be realized ?

eric
hubird

Post by hubird »

I'm glad to hear you/DAS will walk on another way from now on, like you say.
Congrats with this decision, would be perfect.
I'll talk with you or Olive like with anyone else if that's true :-)

But if you don't mind I don't think it's a good idea to erase Planetz' history.
One post, a single topic maybe, but all DAS related stuff ever posted on Planetz?

Erasing history is never a good idea, if you ask me :-)
Saying sorry is, if there might be a reason for it.

Shit happens, and we humans have to learn from the past.
Soon the topics will be burried under new ones, after two weeks they look disappeared already.

Possible new DAS announcements and topics will soon arise, and if we are able to communicate in a normal way theese topics will overrule the old ones.

So let's say sorry for what we did wrong, and move on.
We still have to proof that we can handle thinking free, comment each others posts or plugs, critisize or praise each other, before we goodwilling start deleting a piece of our past :-)

cheers.
hubird

Post by hubird »

digitalaudiosoft wrote:[now that everybody have understood the truth,
Eric, you would do me a favour if you could explain what you mean here?
What truth are you talking about actually.

Hope you don't mind, but you will understand that your new approach is rather surprising.

There is no conclusion, no real sorry or asking for our sorry even, only a rather heavy and out of the blue request for erasing our history.
I can fully understand that you like to make a new start with DAS as a commercial enterprise, nothing wrong with that.
At the same time Planetz is an independent and non commercial internet forum, not a promotion platform.
Erasing history is not the interest of Planetz, on the contrary even.
Good promotion has to be deserved, day by day, and can't be put on the map just like that.

I'm not against you don't get me wrong, but I think it's not the right way to start the new PR line, if you can see what I mean :-)

Yet happy with your new approach :-)
As a matter of goodwill I'm willing to delete the picture in the last DAS announcement, I bet Eliam will rethink his post too...
Let's see what the others think first :-)
hubird

Post by hubird »

Eric...? still there?
It could be that other reactions don't happen because people would like to see an answer from you about the meaning of this quote:
digitalaudiosoft wrote:[now that everybody have understood the truth,
At least I think it's rather crucial.
Maybe you look different to it, but to me it looks or could look like we would agree about having pirated or hacked/cracked...

I'm sure you meant something else...
cheers.
astroman

Post by astroman »

Corsica, indeed, is rugged — both in terms of terrain and people...
as it's quoted in the linked article, and (after a short moment of irritation) I think I'll stick with the idea of spending a holiday there someday - what a magnificent landscape :D

no big deal to get over the past - it will be soon forgotten anyway
but I really like the 'french pun' in the 2 excuses, honestly I'm a big fan of that type of rethoric - the 1st one isn't that convincing, but the 2nd is great - btw
i respect Christina Aguilera ;)

nevertheless evryone should have his preferred smoke and beverage and the planetZ is peacefully again... something's gonna happen....

cheers, Tom
next to nothing

Post by next to nothing »

as much as i was against deleting the posts in the much discussed earlier shroomz thread (i never deleted mine btw) i find it ironic that you, hubird, suddenly change your view when the "offender" (as You see it) suggests HIMSELF to let the past be the past and delete the whole issue from planet Z.

I wont delete mine this time either i guess, and as ive been objective all the way this wont hurt anyone.

But seeing the measures you went to last time to eradicate the precious history you talk about now, whats the difference? Remember, the "shroomz issue" was one thread only because people actually managed to stick to the frigging topic! One of the main reasons we are now talking about several posts/threads is because BOTH PARTS, not DAS, not You (and a lot of others, i am generalizing), but BOTH parties managed to spread this issue over so many threads its just ridiculous.

And, this is a public proposal, not a "hidden" personal message, but an initiative to move on.

Ive considered it and given my point of view. Now what made you change yours?

Best regards,

piddi
hubird

Post by hubird »

he he Piddi, you really think I overlooked that Israel thread event when I said that I wouldn't like deleting DAS threads?
I expected someone would mention it, no big deal tho, I like the debate (really).

But...read again what Eric is asking for:

my only wish should be to have the possibility to delete myself,all malicious topics about digitalaudiosoft,not some posts...but all topics where digitalaudiosoft is concerned...like what's wrong...like conspiracy...even mine when i call you as stupid...all...
...so,if we could resolve all this sad story by cleaning all those topics from the first day we came here, ...

That is something different, eh?
The wish to delete goes back to all infamous phase canceling threads of a year ago and all.
And we should do that just because Eric suddenly and totally changed his mind a few hours ago?
Even up to today he was freaking out completely...
Now we must trust Olive blindly to do it better (as he will do the PR from now on).
I give him all my trust if that is the new plan, but he also has to prove it first that this will work.
Yes, a man can grow suspicious after some time, I admit...

But my main point is that we are asked to delete all those DAS threads just to give DAS, as a commercial (professional) company, a new promo start...
As that is the reason for Eric's request of course
(Or does anyone believe the Wholy Ghost has descended over Eric today?
At best it's a Ghost which's name is build up of three letters...).

I may be the only one, but that's a bridge too far for me, compared to the rather huge interference of deleting our 'history'.
As said before, we are not a promo platform after all, things happen like they do and like they are written down.
To delete a enormous part of our history just to serve the promo needs of a professional operating company is something I don't like at all.
But, again, that's me.

Yet we are a decent forum, so also my person likes to show a open mind and give DAS any room to post and discuss whatever they want in the future, including promoting and announcing their world of plugs.

If you are not sensible to this promo-versus-deleting arguement, well then take the first one, that deleting all DAS threads 'from the first day we came here' would mean a total denying of our history and isn't in our interest at all.
-----------------

Your point about me being sneaky...I learned from the past to do every proposal in public, therefor I made my 'daft' plan (to write a message to EMT) in public, here on planetz.
(It seems to have worked well, tho I can't proove that, and it's the result that counts, so I'm glad we but also DAS can move on here).

------------------

You are right, I see DAS as the 'offender', 100% even, after all Eric just threw the accusations of piracy into the forums in a brutal way, and spread it over several forums also, without us getting really rough!
no-oneof us started another thread about the same subject if I'm right, we were just reacting to Eric's moves.
What else could we do than follow his pathes?
I stand for that point of view, simple as that, I'm sorry, you have to live with that.

One thing I'd like to say btw.
You thought you had to correct me on these two points (see the Devices forum):
1. ..., instead of seeing this rant spread over everything DAS ever types.
2. ...it should be possible for you guys to sort this issue out internally...

Both points I was able to disprove with documentation (protest by me against the spreading, and my private email to Olive).
I really don't mind if you vent some aversion against my forum acting, but then give me also the credits if you was mainly wrong.
Does that sound unreasonable?

best regards to you :-)
Last edited by hubird on Tue Mar 06, 2007 6:51 pm, edited 14 times in total.
astroman

Post by astroman »

I once made the mistake to remove all I wrote from any DAS thread - made me look like an idiot later when Eric quoted 'his' version.
I had nothing to prove ... oops
as long as everything is left in place, I'm pretty sure that noone will try to construct a legal affair out of the mess - as it would make any threatening party look pretty stupid ;)

cheers, Tom
(as a programmer you should never assume that something doesn't happen because it is highly unlikely...)

of corse I haven't (yet) given up the hope for a more civilized style of conversation
hubird

Post by hubird »

I'd like to say that I'm really glad that we -as it looks now- can move on as usual, in good spirit, as times are pregnant of big devellopments.
It would be really sad if we still had to deal with the the current conflict while at the same time experiencing the new dawn.
If only one of our enlightened members would accidently fall into talk...I put € 50,- on it...com'on, who?
Jeez, is something good really going to happen?? :-D
tgstgs

Post by tgstgs »

good vibes to all
Last edited by tgstgs on Wed Mar 07, 2007 2:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
digitalaudiosoft

what about my peace proposition ? nothing...
a friend...
Last edited by digitalaudiosoft on Wed Mar 07, 2007 2:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
katano

Post by katano »

a worm is needed to dig over and air the ground. :P
garyb

Post by garyb »

from another thread:

here's the truth of the matter. let's learn from our mistakes.

i love you guys!
spacef wrote:2 simple and unique steps to protect a device.
- go to the project explorer and select the device
- right click and select "optimize for xtc" : it removes internal graphical lrepresentation of module, which allows to make lighter devices (see the difference in file size), which load much faster. Internal graphics may also call SFP for some ressources (in case sfp also has to draw the internal, useless, graphics)
- right click on the device again and choose "protect".
now it is protected as it should be.

nobody is "protected" from doing a mistake and uploading an open device by mistake. so in fact you can add an extra step which is to save in your SFP folder and make final tests with that particular copy of the device, by loading it in scope/sfp and checking that all is fine during a few days (and uploading that device, not another that you "think" is rightfully protected).
It even happens easily when the release is about several devices: it is more easy to forget one, so double checking is a clever strategy before releasing (a typical cause of that kind of mistake could just be the enthousiasm to release a device and make it available to the public asap).

There is no "trick" known to me to open a protected or closed device: you can only open devices which are already open. And this is not even a bug ! just the way things always worked in scope since the begining, as far as i know...

Regards

Mehdi
digitalaudiosoft

hey garyb,

have you try spacef procedure on a sdk ? this procedure is good with a dp 3.xxx
i prefere using mine on our sdk ( and we have dp too),and all our plugins are fully compatible xtc mode...are all spacef plugins 100 % xtc compatible ?

deleting all graphics object before protecting.

it seems you haven't read mine...

you can verify now,all of our plugins can't be stollen by astroman/shroomz tips !

i' have understand lots of things and learn about this bug ! and not only my mistake...creamware , wolf ,celmo, cooper have made the same mistake..are they good dev ? i can say yes ! are shroomz and mccyrano good dev ? i say NO ! i have never seen as lots of beta versions for distortion/phse plugins....

yes i have understand lots of things with this bug !

i have learn that there are worms on forum who pass their all days to try to steal official dev and write always stupid post ...who needs only free plugins,who are fan of p2p,who are so stupid that they are not able to read a topic...who don't understand what is a phase cancellation...who have never try a sdk or a dp and wants to give lessons....

what a pity...
garyb

Post by garyb »

no disrespect intended. i think you're a good developer. you know more about sdk and dp than me. there's little or no theft though, we here at z can't be all of your customers, or even close. there must be many more. i'm glad you won't have this problem any more. i thought this is why cwa stopped demos? astroman was just reporting that the issue was old news. i do believe that even the demos can be made secure, no? scope is nice, no?

we love the developers here at planetz. speaking personally, i love paying them for their devices. i think people's work should be rewarded. unfortunately my wallet has limited space in it, and a hole where the money leaks out. i do purchase from time to time, and if i liked a product, i'd purchase it even if there was no copy protection. the only limitation to my buying of something i liked would be the number of dollars i possessed. i think i'm like most people. there are some criminals, but they are not the majority. i've seen astroman chase warez guys off this forum, he's not a pirate.
digitalaudiosoft

i know...

astroman,shroomz,hubird,mcyrano,eliam...are saint and i'm evil.

bye,
hello to your nice friends...

eric
garyb

Post by garyb »

hello-
i think you misunderstand me. i refuse to be against you. i won't be against anyone in this forum. we don't know each other.

here is my first few sentences of the last post:
no disrespect intended. i think you're a good developer. you know more about sdk and dp than me. there's little or no theft though, we here at z can't be all of your customers, or even close. there must be many more. i'm glad you won't have this problem any more.

are we enemies? here in the ghetto, we call this drama. we avoid drama because we're all armed. unfortunately, the women know we won't shoot them, so drama exists. in my house, however, drama is kept to a minimum, i find it helps. drama rarely fixes the problem, it's just a lot of hot air and sleepless nights. besides, i love my mate and i don't want her giving me a reason to shoot her. relax.
astroman

Post by astroman »

digitalaudiosoft wrote:what about my peace proposition ? nothing...
a friend...
for my part it was accepted - or did you misunderstand the linked article about Corse ? I'm a big fan of that sport, as my nick suggests (it's the name of a famous 'escalade' in Yosemite)
I wanted to add something positive that was in a way related to you

Your 'excuse' does not read as if you've written it yourself - but that doesn't make it less valuable, if the offer for 'peace' (as you call it) is honest.
Again for my part there has never been any kind of 'war' and I've written countless times that you simply overinterpret my posts.

You seem to expect that anything written is intended to 'damage' your own (or your company's) reputation.
That is simply not true - and that's why people called you paranoid.
They didn't write that to make a bad joke about you, but that you can realize it and improve your situation.

I have tried all thinkable ways to convince you that I have nothing against you and your company - it is impossible to get the message through - and that is almost pathologic.

You may not have intended it but the post (you didn't write that yourself, did you ?) containing the 'U2, tom' is a great piece of rhethoric - it is brilliantly written.

Giving the reader all he expects, but almost every statement can be turned into it's opposite if quoted out of context.
It says all and nothing at all simultaneously.
May be it's a product of pure chance, but (imho) it's either by a lawyer or an advertisement professional ;)

Nevertheless I think it's worth a try to stick to that note (my admiration for it is no joke or irony)

from my side you're even forgiven that you fall back to your old habits only a couple of posts later - I know that learning can be a hard and time consuming process (rock climbing helps a lot in this context, btw)

cheers, Tom

ps
...worms on the forum ...who have never try a sdk or a dp and wants to give lessons....
must be me - though I can't remember to have ever tried the teacher role :D
Eric I have sold LabView systems 20 years ago and have programmed anything from medical imaging up to stylish accounting systems and Oracle databases.
I know enough about SDK's internals to write my own, should I ever need to... :P
now that was a little big mouthed - I lack the time, but not the facts... ;)