B-2003 has arrived

Planet Z Announcements

Moderators: valis, garyb

inDSP Frank
Creamware Founder

Post by inDSP Frank »

http://www.creamware.de/en/Products/Sof ... efault.asp

This time you should really listen to the MP3 sound examples... have fun!
petal

Post by petal »

Finally..... Cool samples for your great instruments!

Thomas :smile:
Mr Arkadin

Post by Mr Arkadin »

i notice it says there's an audio input on this. i'm actually tempted to get this just for effects use, with a B-3 thrown in. i was thinking of getting the Akai Rotator VSTi for my Mellotron sounds, but that's £100, for about £38 more i get a B3 and you can use vibrato too. Bargain. Like the 'age' feature, from New to Repair, and the drawbar leakage. Looks like a lot of detail has gone into this. How long does the special price last?
siberiansun

Post by siberiansun »

sounded good! (of course)

excuse me for being an idiot but is there ANY way to control leslie speed from mod wheel?
i sure didn't get it to work but if there IS a way then i better save up some $ real quick.... :smile:
bosone

Post by bosone »

it's great! :smile:
the sound is very good, but IMVHO to be competitive with Native instruments B4 the price should be lowered... (but i don't want to start a flame!!!!)
(however the competition is only on the price, NOT on the sound!! :wink: )
ChrisWerner

Post by ChrisWerner »

Special price 198€ will last till July 31/03.
Can anybody compare it with the NI-B4?

Edit: Oh sorry bosone, I was too fast with my reading. :roll:

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ChrisWerner on 2003-07-04 05:31 ]</font>
bassdude

Post by bassdude »

Man! I think I'm getting this. You can almost here the fingernails hitting the keys. WOW!
But the leslie control and sound is going to be very important. I think I know what you are after siberiansun because I'm after the same thing.
King of Snake

Post by King of Snake »

This thing sounds great (as usual) and the demo's are actually pretty good this time around :grin:

It's just that I can't play the keyboard at all so it would be a bit pointless to buy this, but who knows...this sound is really cool, and I think it wouldn't sound bad in dance productions either.
astroman

Post by astroman »

then this is your chance, King of Snake !
I once saw Steve Winwood playing a B3 live - amazing that so few keypresses can sound so impressive :grin:

If someone really falls in love with the sound and wants to play it with a more authentic feel, here's a suggestion for the proper input: for about $100 2nd hand the Yamaha HC-2/4 home organs (not as bulky as most of the 'furnitures') have 2 manuals and a bass pedal with midi support on 3 channels plus amp, speaker, rythm section and the usual stuff :wink:

cheers, Tom
alfonso

Post by alfonso »

You can assign the leslie speed knob to any midi controller, as any other parameter. of course it works as the original, with two positions (fast-slow) and a gradual acceleration when switching. the two velocities and other parameters of the leslie can be set in detail.

This device is fantastic.
bosone

Post by bosone »

why on B3000 2 dsp can handle 96 voices and on other synths polyphony is so limited? is there a chance to see other devices with so high poliphony and so low dsp usage?
are CW developers beginning to optimize the code? :smile:
King of Snake

Post by King of Snake »

this has me puzzled as well. It must have somthing to do with the nature of the emulation but I can't really figure out in what way this would be different from, say, the minimax...
inDSP Frank
Creamware Founder

Post by inDSP Frank »

Polyphony is in the model. While the B4 uses wavetable samples, our B2003 emulates the tonewheels and the "mechanics" of the original instrument. You will notice that our approach provides more of the feel and the sound of the original. It takes two DSPs to precisely emulate the entire organ, so, like the original, the emulation has 96 voices. It is just an entirely different approach than analog synthesis.
Shayne White

Post by Shayne White »

Yes -- it's much harder to emulate analog saw waves with the millions of harmonics than it is to emulate a few sine waves.

Shayne
ericr

Post by ericr »

How do you set the number of voices in the B2003 demo. I've heard it's set automatically? but I only seem to get 3 or 4 voices at most. What am I doing wrong?

I also seem to get alot of crackling at moderate volume levels and the sound is rather thin compared to the fantastic Minimax.
inDSP Frank
Creamware Founder

Post by inDSP Frank »

On 2003-07-05 17:05, ericr wrote:
How do you set the number of voices in the B2003 demo. I've heard it's set automatically? but I only seem to get 3 or 4 voices at most. What am I doing wrong?

I also seem to get alot of crackling at moderate volume levels and the sound is rather thin compared to the fantastic Minimax.
Polyphony should ALWAYS be 91 voices (not 96, I was wrong here). If the 3-4 note issue persists, please let me know! The sound is exactly as the B3 and it may be thin, but it can also be quite full. It's just an entirely different instrument as the Minimax. In a mix, you can't always have killer fat sounds - you will want to have other sounds as well to "paint the picture". Cheers, Frank
astroman

Post by astroman »

On 2003-07-04 05:29, ChrisWerner wrote:
Can anybody compare it with the NI-B4?
I've run them side by side. A lot of presets actually have the same drawbar settings, so they are easy to compare. I used only the stock settings without tweaking and must say the B2003 rules :smile:
The difference between the 2 sound engines is clearly noticable.
The B2003's spectrum is much more convenient and wider, the B4 is rather 'harsh' in direct comparison.
On several historical recordings the original B3 would also be called 'thin' compared to what we're used to today, so it's a true emulation.
The tonewheels age settings and even the envelope add-on are great features, let alone the convenient assignment of controllers to the drawbars.
Great job, Creamware - my B4 is for sale now, anyone interested ? :grin:

cheers, Tom
Gregory

Post by Gregory »

I would say the same thing about the Emagic EVB3 emulation. The B2003 is much richer and fuller. And, again, that's comparing similarly named patches.
ChrisWerner

Post by ChrisWerner »

Thank you Tom, I trust you and I hope you can sell your B4 copy now. Not on me though. I run the comparison yesterday, too.
I used the same Midi Files that comes with the B4 with the 2003. I agree with your result.
Good job Creamware!!
Thalamus

Post by Thalamus »

For me, Creamware did it again. This beatiful thing has got the same quality as their lastest effords: Vinco, Minimax and Interpole.

It sounds so organic that I can't beleave my ears.

I quess your will hear B-2003 in all my new songs, so beware of me playing old christmas-songs for organ (think before you download! :smile: )...

I'm sold...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Thalamus on 2003-07-08 09:18 ]</font>