BC Modular v0.98b Now Available

Planet Z Announcements

Moderators: valis, garyb

sharc

BC Modular v0.98b Now Available

Post by sharc »

I'm pleased to announce the release of the latest version of BC Modular :)

Latest update v0.98b

40 new modules, 2 new shells, updates, bug fixes and installer application...

New modules

Async to Async
Button A
Control Smooth A
Control Smooth F
Frequency Splitter
Mixer Pan 3dB
Pipe128 to Pipe
Pipe64
PipeX
Signal Splitter
SR Compensation
Switch 1 to 10 Async
Switch 1 to 10 Sync
Switch 1 to 12 Async
Switch 1 to 12 Sync
Switch 1 to 14 Async
Switch 1 to 14 Sync
Switch 1 to 6 Async
Switch 1 to 6 Sync
Switch 1 to 8 Async
Switch 1 to 8 Sync
Switch 10 to 1 Async
Switch 10 to 1 Sync
Switch 12 to 1 Async
Switch 12 to 1 Sync
Switch 14 to 1 Async
Switch 14 to 1 Sync
Switch 6 to 1 Async
Switch 6 to 1 Sync
Switch 8 to 1 Async
Switch 8 to 1 Sync
Switch X to 1 Async16
Switch X to 1 Async40
Switch X to 1 Async64
Switch X to 1 Sync16
Switch X to 1 Sync40
Switch X to 1 Sync64
Wavetable Draw B
XY Ranger A
XY Ranger B

New Shells

BC4x4 - 4in, 4 out shell
BCFX Shell - 2in, 2out shell which can be used as a stereo insert effect.

Bug Fixes and New Features

- Constant Freq & Constant Val - Added Samplerate Compensation.
- Delay & Dynamics Modules - bug fixes, single mode lock, screensets added for popup and cable colours set.
- Updated Envelopes with extended time ranges and Samplerate Compensation.
- Updated LFO Modules with external freq control switch.
- Removed ScopeSync Modules and M4L content as this will now be included in the ScopeSync package instead.
- Added Installer Application which handles installation of all modules, shells, presets, along with Scope dll and dsp files.

Download:

BC Modular v0.98b- https://github.com/bcmodular/bcmodular/ ... v0.98b.zip 22.6 MB

New Module Information

Async to Async

This module can be used as a substitute for an Async Feedback module in logic circuits. Unlike the Async Feedback it's XITE compatible and you might also notice it's a lot more responsive.

Button A

A module with a single BCM compatible button on its surface. Editing of button text and values are handled as usual with BCM buttons from the module popup.

Control Smooth A

This is a version of the existing Control Smooth S module which has an async control input and sync control output. It saves on using a separate Async to Sync module in instances where the source is async.

Control Smooth F

A version of the existing Control Smooth S module which has a samplerate compensated async frequency control input and sync frequency control output. More info on samplerate compensation below.

Frequency Splitter

Splits any synchronous frequency control input to a pair of frequency control outputs above and below the set frequency value.

Mixer Pan 3dB

A nice simple Mixer Pan as an alternative to the existing Crossfade Pan module.

Pipe128 to Pipe

Converts between a 128 control Pipe and 16 regular BC Pipes.

Pipe64

Converts between a 64 control Pipe and 8 regular BC Pipes.

PipeX

Eight XY Control Rangers with controls for curve type, curve intensity, minimum value, maximum value & invert on the popup panel. Useful in situations where control rangers are to be used on a pipe connection.

Signal Splitter

A module which can split any sync input to a pair of sync outputs above and below a sync threshold value.

SR Compensation

A general purpose samplerate compensation module which can be set to adjust either frequency or time control values according to the system samplerate. A 'none' setting is also provided for instances where a preset reverts to using sample accurate values. More info on samplerate compensation below.

Switch X to 1 Modules

These switches can have the input count scaled for the desired switch size either by keying in a value for X on the module surface or adjusting the slider on the popup.

Wavetable Draw B

A new version of the Wavetable Draw oscillator which can now store up to 32 waveforms per preset. A Pipe64 input is provided for external control of the waveform shape.

XY Ranger A

A new ranger with control inputs for curve type, curve intensity, minimum value, maximum value & invert. Unlike the existing Control Curve module this one can operate at full control resolution. The module also features a bi-polar to unipolar convertor and a variable dezip which can be switched on/off dsp.

XY Ranger B

Eight XY Rangers with BC-Pipe control inputs for curve type, curve intensity, minimum value, maximum value & invert. Useful in situations where control rangers are to be used on a pipe connection.

About Samplerate Compensation

BC Modular offers a variety of different control sources. Whether you're controlling parameters via the module's own popup panel or using an external control like a constant val module, a BCM encoder or even ScopeSync, parameter values provided for frequency and time are based on a 48kHz sample rate. So long as you're running at 48kHz these values will be accurate.

However, being a sample accurate system, the frequency and time parameters are effected when you switch to a sample rate other than 48kHz. The MVC's adjust for this automatically, but for parameter control independent of the MVC there can be noticeable issues with inaccurate frequency and time values when running at 32kHz, 44.1kHz or especially 96kHz.

This is something I've been aware of for some time now and I've been working on some solutions over the past few months. As well as updating a number of BC Modular modules, I've also developed a few new additions to combat this problem.

Further Information & Support

As always I'll try and respond as quickly as possible to any BC Modular related queries posted here on Z. It's certainly a lot easier to spot them on a thread like this one which I've started myself :)

However, for the best response to any BC Modular support issues I'd recommend visiting the BC Modular forum - www.bcmodular.co.uk/forum
Last edited by sharc on Wed Nov 26, 2014 4:45 pm, edited 3 times in total.
sunmachine

Re: BC Modular v0.98b Now Available

Post by sunmachine »

Thanks so much for your ongoing effort! :)
sharc

Post by sharc »

There appears to be a small issue with the default path in the installer for the modular modules. So long as you browse to the correct path for your Scope modular modules it should install the modules as intended inside a 'BC' folder. However, when using the default path the installer creates the 'BC' sub directory inside a 'BC Modules' folder. It still works, but it's a bit fiddlier with the menu navigation.

If anyone finds they have this problem, I'd advise to uninstall BC Modular instead of moving the files. When reinstalling browse to the Modular Modules folder at the prompt and that should sort it :).

Sorry for any inconvenience this causes. It unfortunately didn't show up in tests at this side before release.
Mr Arkadin

Post by Mr Arkadin »

As the installer put the modules in Scope PCI I just moved the contents of BC to my Existing Scope XITE BC Modular folder. Is there a problem doing it this way?
sharc

Post by sharc »

Mr Arkadin wrote:As the installer put the modules in Scope PCI I just moved the contents of BC to my Existing Scope XITE BC Modular folder. Is there a problem doing it this way?
The only problem with manually moving any of the modules after installation is that the uninstaller will skip them when it's used. Other than that they should be fine :)
dawman

Post by dawman »

Excellent work.
The BCFX is my new go to Insert for Modular treats inside of a mixer.

Ankyu
yayajohn

Post by yayajohn »

yay sharc! there's some good stuff in there
Thanks
sharc

Post by sharc »

I'm having some technical difficulties with the bcmodular.co.uk webspace at the moment.

The BC forum can be accessed in the meantime via http://forum.bcmodular.co.uk :)
JoPo

Post by JoPo »

YahooOOOH !
:)
Danke sehr, Shark and all people working on BCmodular ! It's fantastic.

Why do you advise to not moving the files ? Hum.. That's what I did before to read your advise. Is it a big deal ? It should work properly anyway, no ?
> > > > > > > > > > > > --- Musica --> here ! ---< < < < < < < < < < < <
dante

Post by dante »

Yes but will it work in future if you make a mistake, and the uninstaller doesn't clean up for the next version and you end up with duplicates - basically a mess. The installer once used and proved will reduce the human element of error but if you don't use it he won't be able to improve it if it needs any improvement.

Using the installer the file locations will be recorded for the uninstaller to pick up.
JoPo

Post by JoPo »

Well.. As I copied files only if the new one is different, I guess it's ok. If it becomes a mess, I'll delete everything and reinstall it.

Thanks, Dante.
w_ellis

Post by w_ellis »

Also, the installer stores the directories you choose in the registry, so when there's a new version it'll remember them and install the new versions into the same place. Definitely worth using it, unless you have some special reason not to.
dawman

Post by dawman »

I now have the folders set up the way the installer made them.
But did create my own sub folders since I hate long drop down menus.
Anything new will show up where it is suppose to go, but maybe might need to be drug into a sub folder since I have so many Oscillators.

BC Modular and Scope Sync is a living breathing entity...

Ankyu Sharc and Will and RoyT and Jammie....

http://forum.bcmodular.co.uk/
roy thinnes

Post by roy thinnes »

Yay! Thanks so much Simon! 8)
Image Image
jksuperstar

Post by jksuperstar »

Congrats on this release, and on such an amazing collection of tools...really, in itself BCModular is a work of art!
dawman

Post by dawman »

Ankyu..
BCFX SHELL.png
BCFX SHELL.png (120.69 KiB) Viewed 8305 times
Roland Kuit

Post by Roland Kuit »

That's looking awsome @ Shark.
Makes me want to come back to Xite-1 :)
Avant-electronic composer | synthesis research | lecturer
http://www.rolandkuit.com/
Spielraum

Post by Spielraum »

oh, thats great,, many thx simon
will download now :D

+ BcmCwmModules (ScopeSync, when run with visual C++ 2010 not 2013 ;)
http://forums.planetz.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=33300
Last edited by Spielraum on Thu Dec 11, 2014 1:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.
|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅] Lange Welle ~ Mittelwelle ~ Kurze Welle ~ Ultra Kurze Welle
Scope Sandbox soundcloud ~ youtube ~ bc modular-guide° ~ modules-SR
JoPo

Post by JoPo »

Roland Kuit wrote:That's looking awsome @ Shark.
Makes me want to come back to Xite-1 :)
BCmodular and ScopeSync are absolutely amazing, awesome !
Those audio app fanatics developers gave us the best present since long time on Scope platform, they brought our modular to a new unexpected level. 3 little guys and a girlfriend ! Hop ! Like this ! For spending time ! Just because they love it ! Nowadays, it's simply incredible.
I'm not sure you may find such thing on any other platform.
MCCY

Post by MCCY »

WOW! Just stumbled on thisone, I can't believe, that you really did this!!!!! It's so strange, how much this workflow, these sounds are part of my emotional matrix. Since I have my little daughter so many things changed (and she is by far more defining my emotiona lmatrix :-) ) & I did not have the time to go on with scope, but everytime I come back I feel at home.
Don't know, if I'm ready for using scope sync... need more time....

Thanks you so much for your work!!!

Martin