Vectron WaveformPack + VectronController [Download]

Planet Z Announcements

Moderators: valis, garyb

ChristianB

Re: Vectron WaveformPack + VectronController [Download]

Post by ChristianB »

What a coincidence! I'm in the process of finishing an electroacoustic piece (15minutes) using only the great UHF Complex Folder...
I might try to find some space for this new UHF-Vectron!

Thanks a lot Fernando!
Yogimeister

Post by Yogimeister »

Awesome !!
Thanks.
petal

Post by petal »

I'm afraid the Vectron is also a victim of the cc-bug, so once you load the midi-preset (with all the cc's maps to make the live-controller work), some of the parameters on the synth will not function as they are supposed to.

In this case I have found that once you load the midi-preset, the wave-selector on LFO2 will turn back to a sine-wave, even though it is showing something else. A simple test:

1. Load two instances of Vectron and load the preset "Vector Voyager" in Bank 1 on both.
2. Play each and notice that they are sounding the same.
3. Now you load the midi-preset from the first post here on only one of the two synths.
4. Now when you play each synths again, you'll notice that the sounds are not the same anymore.
5. You can get the right sound back again, by changing the wave LFO2 to something fx "tri" and then back to "square" again.

Other parameters might also be affected in this way after the midi-preset load, but I have only noticed this one so far in this preset.

Another test:
1. Load two instances of Vectron and leave the initial preset on both.
2. Play each and notice that they are sounding the same.
3. Now you load the midi-preset from the first post here on only one of the two synths.
4. Now I either hear no sound at all on the synth with the loaded preset - and I havn't figured out which parameters are affected yet.
5. Or I get the same problem with the wave-selector as described in the first test.

I know for a fact that this is also a problem with Minimax, Profit 5, Prodessey, U-Know and other synths as well.

Can someone please confirm my findings and test methods before I contact Holger to make sure that he is aware of this problem in the CC-system?

Also, if anyone knows which mail address we should contact him on with bug-reports, please let me know :)
t_tangent

Post by t_tangent »

Just tried the first test for you petal, and yes I notice the same thing.

I loaded up 2 Vectron Synths, and panned first one left and the second right and set both to play Vector Voyager, so yes they sound the same. Then I loaded up AtomSessions_VectronWavepack.pre into Wave Create Presets, but if I close the main presets window the sound changes. I noticed that the correct sound comes back if I open the main presets window again, and if I close it, again the sound changes. So yes it looks like a bug.

I have to go out now but will try the second test later on. But yes if someone else can try this and let petal know, then he can report as a bug.

I tested this on XITE-1, Scope XITE v7, Windows 7 Pro X64. I also try on Scope 7 PCI later
petal

Post by petal »

And a third test to prove that what is going on is weird and not something you can "work around":

1. Load one instance of Vectron.
2. Go to bank 0 load preset number 62 "init" look at the LFO section on the vectron and "memorize" what you see.
3. Load preset number 63 "Jarry" memorize the LFO section in this preset.
4. Shift between the two and confirm that they are the same as expected.
5. Now load the midi-preset from the "VectronController.pre" in this thread.
6. Now you repeat the test: shift between preset 62 and 63 while looking at the LFO section and notice the diffenrence (if you have that phoitografic memory ;))
7. Last load preset 62, look at the LFO section while loading preset 63 first one time, and then one more time. The second time around it should look right, but it still sounds wrong here at my place (The sound might be easier tested on the opening preset if you test that instead).

Now this last test I can not explain at all, but it proves to me that the synth is beyond normal behavior after loading a midi-preset.
t_tangent

Post by t_tangent »

I'm out at the moment so will try that later. But just a thought. What if you try copying the Wavetable presets from the AtomSessions preset file to the default Wavetable file, then save that and try loading up the main Vectron presets file. I wonder if that might work. I will try this as well when I get home.

Ok will get back to this in a bit. Cheers
Last edited by t_tangent on Tue Apr 03, 2018 9:27 am, edited 2 times in total.
petal

Post by petal »

I think you are misunderstanding something. This has nothing to do with the new wavetables. This is a bug in the midi-preset system, where you can save assigned cc's, unfortunately it doesn't work as it should and it renders the synth's unpredictable if you use them in a way where it might sound fine once you create presets and midi-presets, but once you reload them the trouble begins, and synths "might" not sound and work as they are supposed to.
Essentially the cc-bug prevents us from mapping Scope-synths to hardware controllers and or working with automation in saved projects in any useful way - It is no small bug this.
Bud Weiser

Post by Bud Weiser »

petal wrote: Tue Apr 03, 2018 8:33 am Essentially the cc-bug prevents us from mapping Scope-synths to hardware controllers and or working with automation in saved projects in any useful way - It is no small bug this.
Fixing user assignable MIDi-CC preset system in SCOPE should have HIGH(est) priority for S|C !
But that´s just only me ´cause I´m a keyboardplayer who wished for replacing more hardware units by SCOPE 100%,- but it didn´t happen.
I don´t lose hope though ...

:)

Bud
S|C Scope/XITE-1 & S|C A16U, Scope PCI & CW A16U
t_tangent

Post by t_tangent »

Petal, ok, yes I maybe misunderstood earlier as I was in a bit of a rush.

Bud, yes it,would be great if the devs can figure out the cc assign bug. We'll have to wait and see.
Bud Weiser

Post by Bud Weiser »

t_tangent wrote: Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:29 am
Bud, yes it,would be great if the devs can figure out the cc assign bug. We'll have to wait and see.
Even it´s a bit off topic here in this thread,-
I think, the MIDI-CC assignment, it´s storage and recall should be changed, avoiding the handling of IMO obsolete MIDI-preset files in the presets folders.
The procedure assigning MIDI-CC numbers to device parameters is o.k. for me how it is.
But what´s already assigned should be automatic and permanently stored w/ the device (-file) and until a user decides to change that setting, may it be completely, a few or just only 1 CC assignment .
Once a change is done, it should automatically overwrite previous settings in background.
That last setting should be auto-recalled always once a device is loaded into any project and the device should instantly respond to MIDI-CCs once a MIDI connection is established.
With such,- for ALL devices existing for SCOPE,- unified behaviour, moving prefered MIDI-CC assigments per device into different projects would be easy because the user doesn´t have to think about ´em at all,- making manual preload of MIDI-preset-files and/or moving such on top of the preset-folder´s preset-file-list obsolete.

:)

Bud
S|C Scope/XITE-1 & S|C A16U, Scope PCI & CW A16U
Music Manic

Post by Music Manic »

Just noticed this. Wow thanks. I like this synth.
dante

Post by dante »

Very cool!
faxinadu

Post by faxinadu »

Scope, Android, Web, PC Plugins and Sounds:
http://www.oceanswift.net
Music
https://faxinadu.bandcamp.com/
jksuperstar

Post by jksuperstar »

Thanks for opening up your work the to public,Faxi. It takes courage to literally release your work into the public like this, and I hope it does the good you intended for it to do!
faxinadu

Post by faxinadu »

heh especially with our "hold-my-beer-while-i-try-to-make-a-controller-in-java-oh-what-does-this-do-cool-it-works" approach :)
Scope, Android, Web, PC Plugins and Sounds:
http://www.oceanswift.net
Music
https://faxinadu.bandcamp.com/
dawman

Post by dawman »

🎉

Looking forward to all of these treats with some more free topime.
I just upgraded that was years behind to current versions and for once see some really nice bug free shit.

I’m always worried about fixing something gaff already works bu the new features in Omni Zebra Kontakt and Pteq.
Even Bidule likes Windows 10.

New Scope is smooth as a baby’s butt..