MPA: A whole new Chapter for SCOPE and you are invited

Planet Z Announcements

Moderators: valis, garyb

Ripper

Re: MPA: A whole new Chapter for SCOPE and you are invited

Post by Ripper »

After reading all this, i keep on thinking that the big issue with this was the wrong comunication order:
-This should have been talked in the background between MPA and Sonic-core before the announcement. This conversation would/should also include a presentation of the MPA stuff and what was needed from the Sonic-Core part so that they were able to make that said integration/interfacing/blabla. (Maybe what needs to be done is not that big of an effort and, as such, not a real issue per se);

-Second, it looks that Frank's timming just by itself contributed for the not colaborative position Holger showed, and i understand Holger perfectly, althought i don't know what were their personal issues in the past.

In my usual naivist point of view, said issues will eventualy have a happy ending and a brilliant future is waiting both MPA and Scope platforms.
Bud Weiser

Post by Bud Weiser »

We´d better stop that discussion here.
It´s the announcement section for SCOPE related products and SCOPE today is Sonic Core,- at least for me.
I bought XITE-1 from S|C, so supporting XITE is matter of S|C and "support" also means developement of SCOPE beyond v4 and v5 !
Holger D. already declined teaming up w/ F.H.,- so what ?

I have the impression F.H. needs SCOPE to make MPA more interesting for whatever users in mind and he´s stuck w/ SCOPE v4 though.
I might be wrong because I don´t know his true intention and future biz model as I also don´t have the intention to abuse F.H.,- but something feels wrong to me here.
I don´t care anyway because I´m just only a SCOPE 5.1 / v7 user and even I own a Creamware 15DSP PCI card, my prefered tool is the XITE-1.
And I´ll never go back to SCOPE v4 for PCI even I own 4 Win XP computers in working condition.

I find it very irritatating discussing business rival´s communication- or whatever problems here.
For me, it´s not the right place and for me as a SCOPE user it is also not my cup of tea and task at all.
In addition I doubt we SCOPE users can do much for F.H. helping to move on w/ his project/ product since Holger D. declined cooperation.

I´m out of the discussion now and hope for reading about a release of SCOPE v7.1,- hopefully soon and in this forum´s announcement thread !

thx

:wink:

Bud
S|C Scope/XITE-1 & S|C A16U, Scope PCI & CW A16U
Ripper

Post by Ripper »

Bud Weiser wrote: Fri Mar 09, 2018 7:57 am We´d better stop that discussion here.
I have the impression F.H. needs SCOPE to make MPA more interesting for whatever users in mind and he´s stuck w/ SCOPE v4 though.
I find it very irritatating discussing business rival´s communication- or whatever problems here.
...hope for reading about a release of SCOPE v7.1,- hopefully soon and in this forum´s announcement thread !
100% in accordance. :wink:
ronnie

Post by ronnie »

Ripper wrote: Fri Mar 09, 2018 7:08 am After reading all this, i keep on thinking that the big issue with this was the wrong comunication order:
-This should have been talked in the background between MPA and Sonic-core before the announcement. This conversation would/should also include a presentation of the MPA stuff and what was needed from the Sonic-Core part so that they were able to make that said integration/interfacing/blabla. (Maybe what needs to be done is not that big of an effort and, as such, not a real issue per se);

-Second, it looks that Frank's timming just by itself contributed for the not colaborative position Holger showed, and i understand Holger perfectly, althought i don't know what were their personal issues in the past.

In my usual naivist point of view, said issues will eventualy have a happy ending and a brilliant future is waiting both MPA and Scope platforms.
This is what I agree with and think is spot-on. Having said that, I love the Scope routing paradigm and have seen many imitators, the most current being Gig Performer for VST's.

For Scope, I just put a mixer out there in Scope, of which there are so many great ones, to sit on top of the routing panel which is always under the hood and hidden away ready for action. Maybe a lego type mixer where you can add strips and busses as you like would be nice.

Motorized faders are no problem. I use an ancient SAC-2K controller but a touchscreen or Behringer X-touch has no problem with Scope via MIDI. Sure Scope could use some MIDI tweaks on the save and load side, but all my controllers snap back into place. My old Yamaha OV-1 with ADAT with Scope was likely the best as huge and heavy as it was with every knob, switch and fader freely assigned to Scope (I racked it, took up like six spaces but was functional and impressive looking).

So.... If MPA and Sonic-Core could put emotions aside, I think this could be a win-win situation.

Make a nice legal business arrangement where MPA gets access to Scope 7.1 and X-ITE become a great centerpiece for MPA and if MPA can deliver significant users, this could be a nice revenue stream for Sonic-Core as well as likely leverage MPA's marketing and technical resources.

Of course, this has to be done via lawyers and keep the emotions out of it. MPA lost their marketing guy recently so maybe Frank had this Scope brainstorm and stepped in. It's not a bad idea. After sorting through all of this, I think Sonic-Core and MPA should go for some kind of BUSINESS relationship.

Frank, you may not be able to patch things up with Holger (I don't know what went on) but show Holger a business plan with how the numbers and agreement would work. Posting here was not the best idea, as enthusiastic and passionate as you are. You and Holger don't even have to look at each other.

This could be a win-win, and likely Sonic-Core would be the bigger winner of the two. In any case, I see great benefit in a strictly business agreement as in licensing and leveraging what appears to be greater marketing, development and tech support from the MPA side.

Am I getting this right that this looks to me like a win-win and there's no risk.

So guys, look at the big picture and let the pain go, whatever it is. If you hold a grudge, well you guys don't even have to deal with each other, get a lawyer to work it out. This is a BUSINESS PROPOSITION which likely (to me) has great potential and should have nothing to do with anything but a contractual business arrangement.

The divorce is over. Creamware is "dead and buried". Scope 4 is pretty much dead and buried. Move on. Bury the hatchet. Too much benefit is at $take. Think $cope, $onic-¢ore. Think M oney P romotion A dvantage.
"I’ve come to the conclusion that synths are like potatoes, they’re no good raw—you’ve got to cook ‘em, and I cooked these sounds for months before I got them to the point where they sounded musical to me." Lyle Mays
krizrox

Post by krizrox »

All this drama is wasted here. You should be on Twitter lol
Janni

Post by Janni »

-/-
ronnie

Post by ronnie »

MPA TBA
"I’ve come to the conclusion that synths are like potatoes, they’re no good raw—you’ve got to cook ‘em, and I cooked these sounds for months before I got them to the point where they sounded musical to me." Lyle Mays
Marco

Post by Marco »

As a musician I want to produce music not my own Equipment. Im Not interested to program my own Hardware. So this is a nice idea for developers but not for musicians.
:wink: out and about for music production. Are you still configguring your Studio :lol: music first!
okantah

Post by okantah »

S|C Holger

What I'm doing here is working on the SCOPE v7.1 update.

Mr Holger
Please concentration on the STS Sampler is a must even if the sts alone will cost me extra money I will give ooooo
JoPo

Post by JoPo »

Isn't it this, finally ?
https://www.makeproaudio.com/
> > > > > > > > > > > > --- Musica --> here ! ---< < < < < < < < < < < <
faxinadu

Post by faxinadu »

i saw that too today eh.
Scope, Android, Web, PC Plugins and Sounds:
http://www.oceanswift.net
Music
https://faxinadu.bandcamp.com/
astroman

Post by astroman »

that (USB connection thing) was the first idea that popped up after using the iPad One with audio apps... :D
faxinadu

Post by faxinadu »

Music
Bud Weiser

Post by Bud Weiser »

faxinadu wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2019 11:07 pm http://www.synthanatomy.com/2019/04/mak ... -park.html

woah what the heck? :0
He´s stuck w/ SCOPE 4 ... viewtopic.php?p=334311#p334311

But that small DIY box might be a great replecement for ancient NOAH/ NOAH EX boxes though.

Bud
faxinadu

Post by faxinadu »

A lol forgot about that scope 4 thing. Did he imply it can only connect directly to scope 4, or that his tech IS scope 4? if his tech is scope 4 then well... yawn, yay another minimax in hw :P
Music
petal

Post by petal »

His tech is Scope 4. It's the ol' plugiator in a new format.
faxinadu

Post by faxinadu »

ok, then by all means, neeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeext
Music
petal

Post by petal »

I'm only speculating, but the plugins mentioned matches what was available for the Plugiator, including the mysterious FM synth, that we do not have ;)
faxinadu

Post by faxinadu »

that fm synth is cute but nothing special
Music
petal

Post by petal »

Yeah - but that particular plugin is why I think it's the plugiator in a new format, still running on Scope 4.

Anyways, godspeed to him.

Now bring us Scope 7.1 so I can regain my correct focus :)