BOTH SDK & APP
- SCOPE crashing when mapping / mounting an iso file in Windows Explorer
- Registry Window: Key was not saved when entering instead of pasting

SCOPE SDK
- Texture Editor: Error messages when loading / saving texture or bitmap
Xite Knight v2.0

Re: small update v7

Post by Xite Knight v2.0 »

Thanks. A BNC input fix for Xite would be very welcome too. Just saying....( afaik it's already on the to-do list)
krizrox

Post by krizrox »

Xite Knight v2.0 wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 7:29 am Thanks. A BNC input fix for Xite would be very welcome too. Just saying....( afaik it's already on the to-do list)
I'm old-school. I'm just happy when there are one or two updates per decade. lol
dawman

Post by dawman »

I haven’t updated yet.
I’m enjoying a live rig with 9 years of running great.
I love S|C and would love to buy this just to support them.
But I hate fixing something that already works...

Maybe in Spring, we’ll see...
Bud Weiser

Post by Bud Weiser »

dawman wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2018 6:44 pm I haven’t updated yet.
I’m enjoying a live rig with 9 years of running great.
I love S|C and would love to buy this just to support them.
But I hate fixing something that already works...

Maybe in Spring, we’ll see...
For supporting S|C, I bought SCOPE v7 for XITE and for PCI.
Haven´t installed too for the time being and I´m now happy recognizing updates coming.
I´ll build a new machine in spring too, maybe Z370 / 390,- then install SCOPE v7 64Bit for the 1st time since I always used 32Bit systems up to now.
I hope we´ll see some more updates within the upcoming 2 month,- XITE-1 BNC-Wordclock working, STS etc.
I want to use everything w/ a masterclock in future, so XITE-1 and PCI will be slaves like all the AD/DAs are.

:)

Bud
S|C Scope/XITE-1 & S|C A16U, Scope PCI & CW A16U
dawman

Post by dawman »

Ankyu...
okantah

Post by okantah »

For some time now I'm not doing anything for some reason
I will buy the update v7 just to support SlC, its necessary I think
borg

Post by borg »

I jumped up when I saw this thread and it's first sentence. Then I saw the date...
Great your supporting SlC for the sake of it (really is!), I did such a thing at least three times (2x JB synth bundles I don't use (both for Xite and PCI), and v7 which I still have not installed as I'm still on XP).

I won't spend another dime unless real progress is shown. I appreciate the fact it's a one man show at SlC with garyb in the wings, and that's fine. To me it feels like these two are just keeping things going for us old time customers. And that's fine as well, my stuff kinda works.

We'll see, and I'll cheer for any step taken, but honestly, I don't expect one.
andy
the lunatics are in the hall
valis

Post by valis »

Fwiw borg, I run v7 on XP.
Liquid EDGE

Post by Liquid EDGE »

V7 On xp here.
Seems to work better than 5.
Only progress I want is some of the bugs fixed ( such as seq issues and sts weirdness). Other than that it does what it needs to do. Can’t really see what “progress” is actually needed.
valis

Post by valis »

I have 4 keyboards here. The only one that gets updates at present is John Bowen's Solaris, and it's because he's still making sales and overall the hardware is still the same platform (aside from some issues he's had with keeping the same knobs in stock). My Virus KB is about the same age as my first Scope card (Pulsar1), and Access stopped issuing OS updates for my keyboard in 2003. It still works!

Sonic|Core is just about the only company--along with RME--that has issues updates for close to 2 decades for a soundcard. I certainly see little cause to complain there.
borg

Post by borg »

Valis, you're about the last regular Z'er, together with Petal, I can truly relate to, being it music or how to live a life, so I'm not looking for a fight...
Where did I complain? My "that's fine" was not ironic. No, it's all fine. I don't desire or expect Scope to become Max/MSP, or teamed up with it's own sequencer, or NI. I love how it has been for 20 years and I want it to stay the same, so yeah, in that regard no progress is needed on my part. I just want things to work as they should, and denying that this is not the case at the moment, or minimizing problems, is what has put me off regularly here (I may not have posted much past years, but have checked Z almost daily throughout the years).

Well, I'll admit Scope has been largely underused by me the last decade due to circumstances in my personal life (reconversion of house, on the road as engineer for a touring theatre company, my girlfriend getting ill, loosing a four year battle against cancer, now 15 months ago,...).
So v7 works on XP, sorry about that. I probably didn't install v7 because there was nothing in it for me due to how I use scope: (pretty much like your setup) A mac with RME as central workstation, with midi controllers, hardware, and Scope on an old computer as a standalone 'everything' rack connected through Copperlan and Adat.

I don't need new devices, a completely overhauled system, or whatever significant, I just want, like liquid edge, some long standing bugs to be addressed. And that's why I paid two times for the Zarg pack I don't use (admittedly I also did for the resale value (how foolish) of my cards) and v7.
It's been a very long time I used modular, but want to dive in again. How has that modular preset bug been doing? Genuine question, maybe it works as it should now! I set up my new studio this summer and fired up scope for the first time in maybe 3 years, and only used SparC and Blue Synth (how I love that little sucker!).

edit: I don't regard the Solaris a SonicCore product. Closely related, but another company.

So, why are we here?
andy
valis

Post by valis »

I don't think I was accusing anyone specifically of complaining, 'cause for complaint' is rather a figure of speech. In contrasting how some of my (our?) musical devices have lifespans of decades, the point was that is despite being supported by the original maker in many cases. Who, for instance, buys a rack reverb unit renowned for its sound from 2003 and still expects firmware updates and high spec converters from the parent company? Not I...and in the case of my Virus KB, well, it got shipped off to LA recently. And I paid repair costs at my own expense, as I would expect for something no longer under warranty. It now works great again, and I am thankful for the 18 years of service I had before it needed repair. So I'm contrasting cases like that with companies who--like Sonic|Core and RME--support their products far far longer than many. And yet I'm aware that recapping my Scope cards would also be out of pocket as well.

I believe the comparison is somewhat apt because BOTH are still musically usable in my eye, supported or not. I could keep using my Scope XP era machine as long as the machine was able to recognize the keys, as I have all the necessary software backed up and replacement hardware either on hand or easily available to keep that box running. And yet here we are, a V7 of the Scope software and Holger working to resolve bugs.

I mentioned Solaris because it's the oddball in my synth collection in that it's a digital device that has been getting OS updates for almost a decade, and has even gotten a fairly extensive OS rewrite during that time period. Related to our Scope cards or not, that's noteworthy. I could have perhaps mentioned someone like Elektron I suppose, but I don't own that device at present.

Also, I am not opposed to progress, as long as it doesn't come with the cost of what we already have at hand that works and is useful. That seems wise, at least to me.
borg

Post by borg »

So, euh, we agree, and it's no coincidence we're still here after almost 20 years.
I just want to have a little peek inside Holger's head. Is he just sustaining the system as is, is he on the verge of a breakthrough and new era for Scope, is he working hard or just waiting for the phone to ring?
andy
Bud Weiser

Post by Bud Weiser »

Liquid EDGE wrote: Thu Sep 05, 2019 9:57 pm V7 On xp here.
Seems to work better than 5.
Only progress I want is some of the bugs fixed ( such as seq issues and sts weirdness). Other than that it does what it needs to do. Can’t really see what “progress” is actually needed.
When you installed SCOPEv7,- 32Bit I guess,- on XP, did it run flawlessly,- virtually "out of the box",- or were you in need replacing DSP- and other system files you possibly had to find in previous (v5.0/5.1) installation backups.

:)

Bud
Bud Weiser

Post by Bud Weiser »

borg wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2019 3:09 am ... Holger's head ... is he working hard or just waiting for the phone to ring?
Both !
Because of the hard work he´s unable to chime in here,- so he´s urgently waiting for YOUR call.

:roll:

Bud
Bud Weiser

Post by Bud Weiser »

borg wrote: Thu Sep 05, 2019 1:50 pm
I won't spend another dime unless real progress is shown.
that´s what he * said ...

:wink:

Bud

* the investor
garyb

Post by garyb »

no, he doesn't just have his thumb up his ass....
borg

Post by borg »

garyb wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2019 6:30 am no, he doesn't just have his thumb up his ass....
Good to know he's both working and <creating new scope innovations> at the same time! I admire multitaskers. :)
andy
Marco

Post by Marco »

Now I know why Holger does not read the forum, because of unneccesarry dirty talk. :roll:
:wink: out and about for music production. Are you still configguring your Studio :lol: music first!