planetz is is an icon :0 keep the name ffs :0 :0 :0
Scope, Android, Web, PC Plugins and Sounds:
http://www.oceanswift.net
Music
https://faxinadu.bandcamp.com/
RA

Re: Forum Update

Post by RA »

Great overhaul Valis! Great work indeed.

I did miss the direct "view active topics" also, but it is now in quicklinks...just on my phone it is a bit iffy to select. On the phone it seemed slightly slower, but hey...phones and networks....as sharcs are getting faster :wink:

Don't you dare changing the name!!!!! :x :evil: :evil: whahaha

The like button...cant see on the phpbb board what they mean, but that could be because i dont have an account there....but what i read there...yep....that is kinda what was meant....it would be handy if one could access that from a post, and sort accordingly...just to bring out a reaction or post if one has/had a problem with scope/HW or plugs. (am i understanable in what i mean by this?!?)

And finally...big shoutout to John Cooper, who gave birth to this place, maintained it for a lot of years. Thanks for that spawn of mind! Along with a "whoop whoop" hands up to the current team, Valis, Nestor and Gary for enduring efforts here on this far and obscure outpost of the digital universe we have come to call our home :D

And lastly, i would also want to thank Dante for his work on all his ScopeRise articles, and his support and visits from him in the past years. He isn't around that much as he used to....but in my opinion he also deserves a BIG THANK YOU!!

Cmon people...group hug!!! Feel the love in this community.

I might sound a bit....ehm....soft...(which i am... actually hahaha) but this is REALLY and amazing community to be part of!
- We're freaks about gearz and methods -
More on dNa: http://dnamusic.nl
Ripper

Post by Ripper »

Please, don't touch the Z name.
Neva, eva, arrrrrrrrr, don't... :evil:
t_tangent

Post by t_tangent »

Great work there Valis. Forum looks great and a huge improvement reading from mobile, so thanks for all the hard work getting it sorted. :)
Nestor

Post by Nestor »

RA wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2017 12:45 pm hands up to the current team, Valis, Nestor and Gary for enduring efforts here on this far and obscure outpost of the digital universe we have come to call our home :D
Thank you for your words RA , very nice! Now, I have to be honest with you, I appear still as an administrator because this is, in most cases, the way we used to work, so in case something happens I could eventually give a hand, cool, but I don’t deserve any credits here as I haven’t done anything, the hard workers here are Valis and Gary, and I agree, definitely, to give a BIG thank you! :) to Dante for his love and passion through ScopeRise! :D
*MUSIC* The most Powerful Language in the world! *INDEED*
cortone

Post by cortone »

Yes RA, good one for throwing Dante into the mix, those articles are immensely valuable as well.

Gotta keep the iconic name, unless John C. wants a greater degree of separation. Countless references would be lost with the name.
valis

Post by valis »

In regards to a namechange, perhaps a poll might be in order? In doing this transition the decisions I was making in terms of design were focused largely on maintaining a continuity with the past, but since we serve you guys as a community I'm open to what the community would want. A name change here to reflect the site name would make it more clear in terms of integration with whatever winds up on the frontend.

In regards to names on the left, I did do this already and it broke display for a few things, I will see if I can find time to tweak it further.

In the meantime perhaps I can fork the style and give the users a second option, though I will need to find a tool to set this as default. Right now this theme is forced for all as it will default to the plain white/blue theme that phpbb3.2 ships with (ie, it still defaults to that theme for everyone but this theme OVERRIDES that, I will first need to edit everyone's default to give the option to change).

John, I will see if I can reduce the dangers of asteroid impacts as well :D
garyb

Post by garyb »

it seems fine right now.
faxinadu

Post by faxinadu »

grab your very own Planet Z logo module for modular and routing window heheh :

viewtopic.php?f=16&t=35283
Scope, Android, Web, PC Plugins and Sounds:
http://www.oceanswift.net
Music
https://faxinadu.bandcamp.com/
Liquid EDGE

Post by Liquid EDGE »

valis wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2017 3:40 am Wanted to make sure we wanted to keep the name "PlanetZ" still, and then I need time to remake it.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Seems as if the majority here want to keep the planetz name.

I personally don’t get it. Must be sentiment!

“Where does one go to chat about stienberg cubase”
“Planet d ofcourse, can’t you see the link”
:lol:

Sorry. I’ll get me coat! :) :D
garyb

Post by garyb »

find an archive of John's original webpage and you'll know why it is what it isssss...
valis

Post by valis »

I'm ok with keeping the name as is.

I'm HAPPY that I was finally able to undertake the update in full, though the ancient Pulsar files aren't connected still and mp3's are broken for now, GaryB's job should be a lot easier, the forum is running faster and using less resources on my server. You guys enjoy, I'm going back to my normal work week (well, I already did) but will do my best to keep an eye on this thread and the donations thread where people are posting ideas for the frontend of the site...
Nestor

Post by Nestor »

I like the English idea that says:

"Don't try to fix it, if it is not broken"

I like the forum, as is. If you change the lef-right thing, fine, if you don't, no problem, we can use it as always... :) It works really well and features are better, what else could we need? Cheers!
*MUSIC* The most Powerful Language in the world! *INDEED*
sunmachine

Post by sunmachine »

I wonder if it's possible to make the current message in the private message area look differently from the rest.
Now it looks all the same so it's a little bit confusing IMO.
siriusbliss

Post by siriusbliss »

Am I missing the last read or latest post button?
Xite rig - ADK laptop - i7 975 3.33 GHz Quad w/HT 8meg cache /MDR3-4G/1066SODIMM / VD-GGTX280M nVidia GeForce GTX 280M w/1GB DDR3
cortone

Post by cortone »

It's in the 'Quick links' dropdown under the planetZ logo: Active topics

That said, I'm missing it too, here's to hoping it will be restored to the top of the page as a single-click link!
valis

Post by valis »

There was no extension to add it back as a single click that I found, but there is an 'advanced active topics' that rotates through new active topics. Here are the settings I can set, and I have installed it and set it as thus:

RA

Post by RA »

Cant you add it as a link with the appropiate url?
- We're freaks about gearz and methods -
More on dNa: http://dnamusic.nl
valis

Post by valis »

It's not a static url in the quicklinks, it's driven by php and not just in the tmeplate. The 'quicklinks' functionality is the way that the 3.2 'prosilver' theme functions, off which I based our current theme...so I would have to amend the php.
sunmachine

Post by sunmachine »

Can't you just use that link from the Quick link menu? I've bookmarked that link and it seems to work fine.

Code: Select all

http://forums.scopeusers.com/search.php?search_id=active_topics