Scope 7 and Windows 7 or 10 who is better?

Planet Z Announcements

Moderators: valis, garyb

Marco

Scope 7 and Windows 7 or 10 who is better?

Post by Marco »

Is there any advantage for win 10 or is 7 good enough for the new scope version 7?

Do I have advantages with a Touchscreen using win 10 and Scope 7?
:wink: out and about for music production. Are you still configguring your Studio :lol: music first!
garyb

Re: Scope 7 and Windows 7 or 10 who is better?

Post by garyb »

win10 has touchscreen support built-in.
win7 will require 3 party support for touch screen.

win10 is great, IF you turn off all the backround stuff like Cortana and Live Tiles. both work well as operating systems. if you use new software, you might as well use win10. if you purchase just a COA on ebay, win10 is much, much cheaper, since it's a download from m$ anyway.
Marco

Post by Marco »

It would be great to have a checklist of things that a Scope user can do with win 10 to enhance the scope 7 experience.

And can I operate the scope elements with my fingertips with advantages? (That's what I dream about for many years)
:wink: out and about for music production. Are you still configguring your Studio :lol: music first!
garyb

Post by garyb »

they are both essentially the same OS. win10 just has more security, because it's meant to be for the first 100% cloud-based computing, and it has native touch-screen support. most of the differences under the hood are security "features".

it really doesn't matter that much EXCEPT, some of the newest apps will be win10 only. cloud-based computing is safer on win10 and that's it. they are both operating systems. they will both run your software.
Marco

Post by Marco »

So I keep the 7. My scope PC is not connected to the internet because I don't want to have any changes made on my system without my knowledge. I keep the fate. I like the number 7, I like iron Maidens 777 the number of the beast :D
Never change a running system!
garyb

Post by garyb »

yeah, that's a good policy.

win10 can be stopped from making changes without your permission, you must set up the internet connection as "metered" to do that. it's easy for wireless lan, but for wired lan, it takes a small registry hack.