Planet Z Announcements

Moderators: valis, garyb

jeezs

Scope 7

Post by jeezs »

It’s finally here.
Anyone try it?
does the sampler work in 64 bit?
I also like to know if the sequencer in the modular finally work.

Thanks
JoPo

Re: Scope 7

Post by JoPo »

After installing it on the 5.1 folder, my actual project crashes when loading. Even my template ! :( I think I'm good for making a completly new install + template tomorrow ! With the hope it will not crash ! With all dsp files to copy !
> > > > > > > > > > > > --- Musica --> here ! ---< < < < < < < < < < < <
faxinadu

Post by faxinadu »

New install for sure. That one on the other is dodgy
Scope, Android, Web, PC Plugins and Sounds:
http://www.oceanswift.net
Music
https://faxinadu.bandcamp.com/
jeezs

Post by jeezs »

Ok, I think I’ll try it, but I have lots of plugins, hope I won’t lost them because of incompatible modules.
Anyone knows if john bowen’s Plugins work better or won’t work anymore?

Thanks for reply
rhythmaster

Post by rhythmaster »

Yes! It's here!

SB-404 working after 8,5(!) (since XITE-1 took over) years again in Scope v7.

I'm so glad finally eternally ...

John Bowen's Solaris v5.0.1 also working now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:D
Last edited by rhythmaster on Sat Dec 02, 2017 4:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
XITE-1, Cubase Pro 10.5 - WIN 10 64-bit
http://www.seismofunk.com
jeezs

Post by jeezs »

Thanks to all for your replies.
Cool, I order it.

hope there will be an iPad version someday, width lightning or usb to Xite card !!!!
Marco

Post by Marco »

Scope rises out of its ashes like the Phoenix once did. The dead lives longer. SCOPE 7 is available NOW.

It is like birthday and Christmas together! :D

Let's celebrate :) :) :)
:wink: out and about for music production. Are you still configguring your Studio :lol: music first!
Music Manic

Post by Music Manic »

What differences are their compared to 5.1?
garyb

Post by garyb »

SCOPE Application v7
Release Notes Build 1705
Thank you very much for using Sonic Core SCOPE v7. This document contains important information
about compatibly, installation and known issues related to the release.
1. What is new in SCOPE Application v7?
One of the main points we have focused on in SCOPE v7 is compatibility and optimizations related to
Windows 10. The Hardware Driver, ASIO and DSP system layers have been adapted and improved, as
well as the resource management. For SCOPE XITE, you now can find a Properties Page at the Driver
Settings (Windows Device Manager) which only was available for SCOPE PCI boards before. It allows
you to configure Wave Devices, Output Buffering and more.
New Appearance: The Application user interface as well as Mixers, Effects, Tools, Message Boxes and
cursors have been revised.
New Plug-Ins coming with SCOPE v7: SC-Channel M, SC-Channel S, SC-Autogate, SC-Brickwall EQ (see
the Effects menu), Quad Space Shepard Generator QSSG (see the Plug-Ins menu), Arpeg02 (see the
Synths menu), MINIMAX v7 (Drone and Unison Mode), Lightwave v7 (Drone and Unison Mode)
Updated Plug-Ins / Bug fixing: ControlRoom, SB404, GateSEQ1 Modular Module, MasterVerb,
Masterb Classic, E-Reflector, Miniscope, Miniscope MK2
Application / Bug fixing: If you are used to work with SCOPE you will find a lot of minor bug fixes and
improvements that will make the use of SCOPE more efficient and easier.
Known Bugs: (Dated Dec. 1st, 2017) STS Samplers can cause crashes on 64 Bit Windows systems.
Wave In causes crackles. At this time not all of the known bugs might be fixed. We appreciate your
feedback related to further development and bug fixing. Free Updates to SCOPE v7 will follow.
Music Manic

Post by Music Manic »

That's Gary I am going to buy it and SDK anyway but couldn't find release notes.
Liquid EDGE

Post by Liquid EDGE »

Wonder if it’s fine to back up all 5.1 install folders.

Remove 5.1. Install 7. Then copy over back up only allowing different file names to be copied over! And everything extra previously installed should work!!?

Or best to just re install everything a new.
garyb

Post by garyb »

i installed clean after a backup of the Scope Folder and overwrote the new files with the old presets, projects and device folders. i also overwrote the dsp and sys folders and the startup project and new project from the Scope App folder. then i ran the installer again and realized that i could have just installed to the Scope folder to begin with...
i also tried installing to the old Scope folder and that worked, too.

it's possible that something might get messed up doing it the quick way, but if you have a backup, the worst thing is that you would have to start over.

i think the item that is most likely to lead to a crash after overwriting the old v5.1 install is the icon.ico in Scope\App\Scope App so just delete it. it's not used in v7.
Ditykman

Post by Ditykman »

Yhea ordered!
What a good new!
Thanks a lot Sonic Core
The first december 2017 will mark the history!!!!
:wink:
Marco

Post by Marco »

Tonight I discovered that scope 7 was born, I couldn't sleep anymore! One whole week in Germany the weather was dark rainy and cold. Now I wake up and the sun is shining! This is not a trick? Can't believe it :D December the first is going down in history!
:wink: out and about for music production. Are you still configguring your Studio :lol: music first!
Liquid EDGE

Post by Liquid EDGE »

garyb wrote:i installed clean after a backup of the Scope Folder and overwrote the new files with the old presets, projects and device folders. i also overwrote the dsp and sys folders and the startup project and new project from the Scope App folder. then i ran the installer again and realized that i could have just installed to the Scope folder to begin with...
i also tried installing to the old Scope folder and that worked, too.

it's possible that something might get messed up doing it the quick way, but if you have a backup, the worst thing is that you would have to start over.

i think the item that is most likely to lead to a crash after overwriting the old v5.1 install is the icon.ico in Scope\App\Scope App so just delete it. it's not used in v7.
Ok.
Sounddesigner

Post by Sounddesigner »

This is SonicCore's first Platform release. SCOPE 7 is the first full upgrade they've created since 5.1 was largely just a update to Creamware's Platform (altho the 64-bit O/S compatibility was pretty big in v5). It took 10 years for SonicCore to release a platform that's fully theirs wich is a longtime but worth the wait, especially since there are good reasons for the longtime.

SCOPE 7 is definitely GREAT news, especially to those of us who kept the faith and belief in SonicCore. Even when the situation looked like possible doom-and-gloom for SonicCore and SCOPE many of us kept beliving in SonicCore and kept supporting them and are now being rewarded for the patience and belief. There was many people trolling SonicCore over the years because they smelled SonicCore's blood in the water and thought that their trolling could thus lead to SonicCore's demise. BUT Holgar is a determined man who truly loves the SCOPE Platform and is the true SAVIOR of the SCOPE Platform. Holger has now proven SCOPE's detractors wrong! Most of the other dsp platforms have perished but SCOPE is still here and HAS BEEN HERE FOR ALMOST 20 YEARS. Holger ofcourse had good help from all the dedicated and loyal users and loyal third-party-developers and people like GaryB who's a savior in his own right and Valis and John Cooper. Holger's SCOPE Platform truly has a cult like following and that is also what helped to keep SCOPE alive. And I'm sure SCOPE will be here for many more years because of Holger and the user-base.

SCOPE is still here also because it truly was and still is better than other dsp platforms. Altho SCOPE has had success in the past far as a lot of market sells go her hey-day may have not yet come, for the future may be very bright now that SCOPE has weathered the storm. My XITE-1 is still the heart of my studio and most important audio gear to me. Nothing sounds like SCOPE or is as fun to use to me.

It looks like a lot of work was done under-the-hood of SCOPE with new Asio drivers, better dsp resources management, driver signing, a code-base/foundation to further build from, etc wich is most important.

Those people who still use the older pci cards are still getting the life extended of those almost 20 years old Creamware cards thanks to Holger. It looks like even very small pci cards such as the 3-dsp can now use the SDK.
Last edited by Sounddesigner on Sat Dec 02, 2017 5:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
faxinadu

Post by faxinadu »

<3

THAT
Scope, Android, Web, PC Plugins and Sounds:
http://www.oceanswift.net
Music
https://faxinadu.bandcamp.com/
JoPo

Post by JoPo »

After clean fresh install, my actual still crashes ! :x And my template too ! :x

Am I really alone in this case ?? :(
Bud Weiser

Post by Bud Weiser »

Sounddesigner wrote:
This is SonicCore's first Platform release...

SCOPE 7 is definitely GREAT news, ...
I´m really happy the platform moves on and never expected SCOPE v7 will still support WinXP SP3 32Bit or will support old and already officially discontinued CW and S|C PCI cards.
It´s absolutely amazing !!!

I posted into KC http://forums.musicplayer.com/ubbthread ... ost2893643 already !

I hope it helps since the discounted deals on XITE w/ SCOPE v7 as also bundled w/ SDK are not only great, they are steals IMO.

:)

Bud
S|C Scope/XITE-1 & S|C A16U, Scope PCI & CW A16U
JoPo

Post by JoPo »

I believe I've found the guilty... Just 1 or 2 more test.....