Scope 7

Planet Z Announcements

Moderators: valis, garyb

Liquid EDGE

Re: Scope 7

Post by Liquid EDGE »

JoPo wrote:
Liquid EDGE wrote:I wonder if you can remove the multi fx in front of the mixer now due to v7?
You mean all inserts I use inside the STM ? Well... I'm quiet sure that even with Scope 57.0 (like firefox !) , it will be much more good for dsp's power to do like that.
I think it distributes better on each dsp the load than all in only one device. Moreover, I use to have the 2 multifx you see before the DC filter in which there is my mastering chain (reday for when the project is finishing but muted before) , one inside the second and it is what crashed Scope 7 when loading.

After having separate them, I get back some dsp's power. And nomore crash. I'm very satisfy by Scope 7 : it is good for Xite-1 dsp's ! It seems to have even more power than with 5.1 !
Interesting. Yeah was just wondering if v7 greatly improves dsp spread regardless of one device or many.
Partly why I got mod mixer v2 to do the same sort of thing, it still “feels” weird to me having fx stacked up outside the mixer before the trim.
JoPo

Post by JoPo »

Liquid EDGE wrote: it still “feels” weird to me having fx stacked up outside the mixer before the trim.
Yes, I noticed that on the video ! You've got all in the mixer ! The way I did first when I had my Xite-1 unit.

But have a try ! You'll see how many power you'll have more ! It's just a habit to get and it gives you more wiring possibilities.

I'm not sure if Xite dsp architecture allows to share all 18 dsp's power in one big device. I don't think so, whatever the way the sofware is builded. But I could be wrong !
> > > > > > > > > > > > --- Musica --> here ! ---< < < < < < < < < < < <
spacef

Post by spacef »

Liquid EDGE wrote: Partly why I got mod mixer v2 to do the same sort of thing, it still “feels” weird to me having fx stacked up outside the mixer before the trim.
that's the reason why it is made. the channel modules are nothing more than glorified effect racks grouped by 4/8/12... plus all the midi CC stuff. It works even better in scope 7.
plug-ins for scope
SpaceF website
SC website
Liquid EDGE

Post by Liquid EDGE »

spacef wrote:
Liquid EDGE wrote: Partly why I got mod mixer v2 to do the same sort of thing, it still “feels” weird to me having fx stacked up outside the mixer before the trim.
that's the reason why it is made. the channel modules are nothing more than glorified effect racks grouped by 4/8/12... plus all the midi CC stuff. It works even better in scope 7.
Good stuff.

I’m just about to go to the studio and install v7. :)
Bud Weiser

Post by Bud Weiser »

jeezs wrote:It’s finally here.
Bought twice for XITE-1 and PCI.
Delivery was lightning fast !

Thank you,- Gary, Holger and all the others (dNa, Faxi and ???) being involved in the product and logistics !

:)

Bud
S|C Scope/XITE-1 & S|C A16U, Scope PCI & CW A16U
sepuka

Post by sepuka »

I'm sorry, I bought SCOPE+SDK with writing my Hardware Serial Number during order. Will key be sent to my mail after some time automatically or I have to bother support?
petal

Post by petal »

The keys are produced by Gary manually. Gary lives in the states and claims that he needs to sleep at night for some reason ;)

Give him a few more hours and he will propably help you out as soon as he has had his morning coffee :)
d9d9

Post by d9d9 »

Shot wrote:
d9d9 wrote:After testing for 2 days i can say it runs stable on my Pulsar setup.
Wav source plays back without cracklez now.
Wow! This is magic to my ears!
I've been struggling with wav source crackles for a long time.

I've bought v7 this afternoon. Can't wait to get my keys to test it!
:)

wav source cracklez still sometimes. it got less but its still there :(

Also i need to restart scope sometimes. When i connect a new synth to the project, it is sending no signal to the mixer. after restart it does.
sometimes only the left or the right channel plays back. when i hit the phasecomp button on the stm1632 for example then suddenly only the right channel plays back when befor only the left side played.
same thing with the controllroom or the dynamic mixer. sometimes just L or R showing signal.

clean install 7
win 7
3 x Pulsar
msi z87
i3 2x3,7
Liquid EDGE

Post by Liquid EDGE »

d9d9 wrote:
dante wrote:
d9d9 wrote:Did i understand it right that it's not possible to run 5 and 7 on the same machine? dont like that.....
Scope 5 and Scope 7 running on same machine fine here.

How did you manage to install both?
After trying to install 5 and 7 in two different programm folders, i cant open 5 after installing 7.
Dante has pci cards and an Xite in one machine. The only possible way he has v7 and v5 running on the one machine without having to mess around with reloading drivers etc is that he has v5 running on his pci cards and v7 running on Xite. Otherwise it’s just not possible!
Liquid EDGE

Post by Liquid EDGE »

So. I found installing v7 the most straight forward thing ever! (Lucky me)
Ran the v7 installer! Installing to the scope Xite folder. (Did back up the folder before just in case)

Ran it after install.

It works. No crashes!

Was such a pleasure running sb404 with the (now) perfectly working onboard step sequencer.

Solaris runs much smoother but it’s seq element is still broken (though this is not a Sc plug in so it’s probably down to John Bowen to update???)

This is the bug fix/plug in update in the notes (which Gary posted on the first page of this thread)

Updated Plug-Ins / Bug fixing: ControlRoom, SB404, GateSEQ1 Modular Module, MasterVerb, Masterb Classic, E-Reflector, Miniscope, Miniscope MK2

It was great opening miniscope and seeing it.
And although only Gateseq1 modular module is fixed for modular this is all a fantastic sign that all seq elements in modular will be fixed.

New Plug-Ins coming with SCOPE v7: SC-Channel M, SC-Channel S, SC-Autogate, SC-Brickwall EQ (see the Effects menu), Quad Space Shepard Generator QSSG (see the Plug-Ins menu), Arpeg02 (see the Synths menu), MINIMAX v7 (Drone and Unison Mode), Lightwave v7 (Drone and Unison Mode)

Not had a play with these yet but always good to get new stuff (along with the dna offer with v7 intro offer)

Bravo SC, Holger, Gary and all. What other company makes stuff that works on legacy hardware as well as current new hardware and supports XP through to Win10. Genius.
krizrox

Post by krizrox »

I was unable to get V7 to work on my system. It seemingly installed ok, but was not sync'ing correctly with my A16 Ultra. I run my A16 in master mode (Scope as Slave) - using a BNC wordclock cable to synchronize the A16 and XITE-1/Scope. This setup works fine with V5.1

V7 doesn't recognize the correct sample rate setting coming from the A16. Just gets confused. Not quite "crashing" but very weird behavior. I haven't seen any other comments about this particular problem so either no one's using it like that, or it's something amiss on my end, or who knows what.

I had uninstalled V5.1 before installing V7 (hoping to avoid any conflicts). Later went back to v5.1 as I had sessions to run. Using Windows 7 Home Premium 64.

Also - I had read someone's critique about the new color scheme - I have to agree. It's a dark grey on grey layout I find hard on the eyes. I prefer the older blue color scheme but since it will probably never go back to that, it is what it is. But I agree it would be nice to allow customization of the colors. Or just not so dark.
sunmachine

Post by sunmachine »

krizrox wrote:I was unable to get V7 to work on my system. It seemingly installed ok, but was not sync'ing correctly with my A16 Ultra. I run my A16 in master mode (Scope as Slave) - using a BNC wordclock cable to synchronize the A16 and XITE-1/Scope. This setup works fine with V5.1

V7 doesn't recognize the correct sample rate setting coming from the A16. Just gets confused. Not quite "crashing" but very weird behavior. I haven't seen any other comments about this particular problem so either no one's using it like that, or it's something amiss on my end, or who knows what.
This has already been added to the bug tracker by another user.
(For more info about the reporting system see this post, please: http://forums.scopeusers.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=35261)
krizrox

Post by krizrox »

sunmachine wrote:
krizrox wrote:I was unable to get V7 to work on my system. It seemingly installed ok, but was not sync'ing correctly with my A16 Ultra. I run my A16 in master mode (Scope as Slave) - using a BNC wordclock cable to synchronize the A16 and XITE-1/Scope. This setup works fine with V5.1

This has already been added to the bug tracker by another user.
(For more info about the reporting system see this post, please: http://forums.scopeusers.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=35261)

Ahh ok thanks for the heads up!
garyb

Post by garyb »

yeah, writing in to SC support would help, if you are not going to use the bug tracker. at least that might give you or the programmer the chance to find the cause and fix it.
krizrox

Post by krizrox »

garyb wrote:yeah, writing in to SC support would help, if you are not going to use the bug tracker. at least that might give you or the programmer the chance to find the cause and fix it.
Noted. I wasn't 100% sure it was a legitimate bug. I wont have any other things to report from this version since I can't actually use it. I'll wait for this problem to be resolved and then try again. Happy to see fresh activity!
Scotty_123

Post by Scotty_123 »

I visit here often but seldom post. I amazed that this platform continues to have legs. I just purchased the Version 7 and will be reading through these posts to makes sure I get it installed properly. I always struggle with the keys which gets me nervous whenever I am updating but always manage to get it sorted out. I worry about losing Flexor, Protone and Modular IV. Wish me luck and congratulations Sonic-Core.
nebelfuerst

Post by nebelfuerst »

I have some trouble loading my old projects ( 15DSP board on 5.1) into my Xite with 7.

Some loading takes place ,but nothing is loaded.
If I create a project on the Xite/7, I can load it on my old system.

Migration of my projects is pretty important to me.
Will this be fixed ?
\\\ *** l 0 v e | X I T E *** ///
Scotty_123

Post by Scotty_123 »

Intersting when I checkout at Sonic_Core it was polite said thank you.. My paypal confirmed the transaction but there is no evidence that I have purchased the software. Are the keys sent via Gary by email or do I need to send in a request? The website did have the card that I want it attached to in the field. Any thoughts?
garyb

Post by garyb »

be patient. i live on the west coast of the USA and i sleep at night.
Scotty_123

Post by Scotty_123 »

Yes I realize that, I just didn't get any feedback from the site indicating that the transaction went through. Typically when you buy online there is something that confirms the transaction. Take your time.. I am building a new system with a motherboard that I bought on this site. No rush.
garyb wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2017 11:10 am be patient. i live on the west coast of the USA and i sleep at night.