Scope 7

Planet Z Announcements

Moderators: valis, garyb

pranza

Re: Scope 7

Post by pranza » Wed Oct 30, 2019 4:19 am

hi, peeps!
just a quick check on scope 7 after some years have passed. let me know if these conditions are still true (for x64 version):
xtc doesn't work;
vdat doesn't work;
88KHz samplerate is not there still;
wave inputs give garbage;

thanks!!

yayajohn

Post by yayajohn » Wed Oct 30, 2019 4:44 am

While understanding your frustration, rest assured, when the new update does come out it will be the talk of the town here so there is really no need for folks to keep asking those kinds of questions and pointing out the few things that currently don't work on Scope 7
Cheers friend :)

dawman

Post by dawman » Wed Oct 30, 2019 8:44 am

But its nice to know its mot perfect software like Apple iOS or Windows.

Jonathan T

Post by Jonathan T » Wed Oct 30, 2019 11:30 am

I use the wav inputs for video wotk (Corel video program).
Work fine although I did have to experiment a bit to find the right one.

Asio for SAW.

Jonathan

dawman

Post by dawman » Wed Oct 30, 2019 8:57 pm

I use WAV, for YouTube Videos so I can play along with them.
Useful for me, and Im x64?
I do wish VDAT worked, but Ive got Bidule.
Same thing and 32bit Integer.

pranza

Post by pranza » Sun Nov 10, 2019 12:44 pm

thanks for your input!
well, i'm still on scope 5 where xtc and vdat do work, but asio requires wet nursing (setting software priorities and affinities to avoid clicks) but it is usable in many older programs.
for 88K, wider asio support and wdm audio i/o i use other cards.
scope 7 should have more solid asio but in exchange no xtc and vdat (second next important thing for me after sfp router).

now, to get back to 1998 level of coolness scope could add support for dsd and pcm samplerates up to some 400K! For that to work, there could be a release of new zlink converter system like a16 back in the day (as single bnc type of link doesn't cut it).
actually i don't know of any multichannel hi rez audio interfaces... all industry would switch to scope if that happened!

i see a stagnation in audio nowadays, except maybe audio over ethernet which is more relevant for venues and large installations. consumer devices in presence of hi-rez fluff have outran pro equipment; audio vst business is more about painting old shit with new colours - that is concentrated on GUI design and mostly releasing some forgotten junk emulations (which doesn't sound like it anyway) or catching up what scope had to offer in early 2000s...

all that said i'm very xcited to have went through birth of CW Pulsar / Scope and Steinberg vst, all these virtual modular programs like NI Reaktor - it was something new, never seen...