SpaceF 2018 (Ambient Delay // Echo 4 )

Planet Z Announcements

Moderators: valis, garyb

spacef

Re: SpaceF 2018 (Ambient Delay // Echo 4 )

Post by spacef »

Sounddesigner wrote:The audio demos of these delays sound VERY good and tell me these delays are pretty amazing! I do have one question tho; do these new plugins work on XITE-1 at 96khz samplerate of projects? Has anyone tested them at 96khz on XITE-1? They definitely sound lovely that I'm convinced of, and seem pretty flexible with regards to parameter-controls, just need to know of 96khz XITE-1 compatibility.
Thanks for the kind words! (i couldn't agree more ;-) )

To answer the questions:
- Ambient Delay and Echo 4 have been built on Xite-1 with latest Xite SDK (scope 5 SDK/Xite)
- They have been tested on Xite-1 with Scope 5 and on an old Pulsar running Scope 4

---->>> 96 Khz = yes, no problem, they work just the same.

I have tested at all samplerates (44.1, 48 Khz and 96 Khz):
--- the delay-time works exactly the same at all samplerates, also do the filters, lfos etc.
--- in sync mode, the delays are in sync at all samplerates
--- I didn't notice any change in the presets I am using for tests, including when switching from a samplerate to another in the same session.
--- All seems to work as expected at 96khz, or 48, or 44.1.

I did not expect any problem at any samplerate anyway, at least on Xite, what is it that makes people think something may not be compatible?
In case of doubt, or to confirm this, please have a go with the demo.
plug-ins for scope
SpaceF website
SC website
dawman

Post by dawman »

I was going to wait for the Mixers but my SE-02s Sound so good a fresh effect to maximize pleasure is required.
I have a very powerful Duo Polyphonic SE-02 Set Up.

I chain Mode 2 x together for that ARP Odyssey style bass stuff.
Difference is SE-02s are Triple Oscillators, so you get ARP2600 quality.

It’s such a fresh sound with complete real time parameter Modulation.
Ambient with Ducking means bad ass Tails to color with.

Just waiting for keys.
It’s Sunday so at least 24 Hours
Sounddesigner

Post by Sounddesigner »

spacef wrote:
Sounddesigner wrote:The audio demos of these delays sound VERY good and tell me these delays are pretty amazing! I do have one question tho; do these new plugins work on XITE-1 at 96khz samplerate of projects? Has anyone tested them at 96khz on XITE-1? They definitely sound lovely that I'm convinced of, and seem pretty flexible with regards to parameter-controls, just need to know of 96khz XITE-1 compatibility.
Thanks for the kind words! (i couldn't agree more ;-) )

To answer the questions:
- Ambient Delay and Echo 4 have been built on Xite-1 with latest Xite SDK (scope 5 SDK/Xite)
- They have been tested on Xite-1 with Scope 5 and on an old Pulsar running Scope 4

---->>> 96 Khz = yes, no problem, they work just the same.

I have tested at all samplerates (44.1, 48 Khz and 96 Khz):
--- the delay-time works exactly the same at all samplerates, also do the filters, lfos etc.
--- in sync mode, the delays are in sync at all samplerates
--- I didn't notice any change in the presets I am using for tests, including when switching from a samplerate to another in the same session.
--- All seems to work as expected at 96khz, or 48, or 44.1.

I did not expect any problem at any samplerate anyway, at least on Xite, what is it that makes people think something may not be compatible?
In case of doubt, or to confirm this, please have a go with the demo.
I'm glad to hear these new delays work at 96khz Samplerate on your XITE-1 system in your tests! If they work on your system then it's highly likely they'll work on mines. I asked you about 96KHZ compatibility cause there are quite a few SCOPE effects and instruments that either don't work at all or don't fully work at 96khz, this goes for both stock plugins and some 3rd-party.

These new delays are a priority for me and i'll definitely be buying them in about 2 days (unless some tragedy comes my way). I can't wait to get them! Good job with the audio-demo's and good job with the new plugins!
dawman

Post by dawman »

I’m going to go all 96k if the Mixers and XITE-1 allow it.
My XITE-1 has become a MIDI Patch Bay/Router and MIDI device with mixers and FX.
I Got plenty of overhead.

Are SPaceF mixers 96k too?
dawman

Post by dawman »

Interesting message.
Using Windows 8.1
Hope this doesn’t mean I have to go to Windows 10.
80EDFB20-DF4C-4FD5-998B-E6EDF63E0616.jpeg
80EDFB20-DF4C-4FD5-998B-E6EDF63E0616.jpeg (72.52 KiB) Viewed 16942 times
next to nothing

Post by next to nothing »

first tip; install by zip file rather than installer. i think both are available on the server. i guess it's the installers error, i haven't heard anyone say "tun this set up" since i left jamaica.

PS. I like this thing, have just briefly demoed it, throwing an interpole into the insert slot is a pretty fun, but if u like more modulation, throw in a BC mod shell and go mad.
A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.
spacef

Post by spacef »

well, install scope !
haha, just kidding :-)
It works well on win 7, I don't know win 8.

Otherwise, you have the zip files "for scope 4", they have the same files (same plugins, same dsp, same everything except the exe installer).
http://scope.zone/index.php?id=1978&lg= ... ns/space_f

Did you have the same error with other 3rd party plugins ?
- I have win10 on my laptop, and I think it is really good nowadays.
- About 96khz, it is interesting if you mix in 96khz, but I don't think that it bring anything inside scope for sound quality (in my short experience).
- I had a few VSTi plugins that don't work at 96khz (synthmaster 2.x for example, all the waveforms of the oscillators become totally unuseable).
- However, I beleive 96khz doubles the number of required connections between dsp - ie, whatever resources you have at 44.1/48, they will be half that number at 96khz. so it is more difficult to use with a lot of channels and a lot of plugins. Once I soon finish all the devices of Modular Mixer v2, or at least the main part of it, I will test what is worth to use at 96Khz: for example, I can't have my 20+2 channels + 5 bus with the MB302Fx at 96 khz. but no problem at 44.1...

Let us know if you resolve the installation problem, otherwise, PM me so I can contact S|C about it. Thanks

EDIT : next to nothing faster than me ;-) and yes, the internal modulators can do a lot, and using external modulation is the way to customize the delays to your liking (you could use a step sequenced modulations for example). You can use scope modulators devices, Modular Patches, audio from software or plugins such as modular soft synths (someobody told me about mux modular to create modulators) or Expert sleeper silent way... or any other audio signal.
plug-ins for scope
SpaceF website
SC website
dawman

Post by dawman »

Ever since I started having pizza and weed delivered everything sounds better.
But I use a wireless mouse I gig with, forgot my regular old reliable mouse.
Been sliding folders around accidentally into other folders, so everything is funky.

Luckily I have spare devices with old copies in storage.
Guess I’ll keep them close by until I regain focus.
So I loose a month of programming.
It’ll teach me a lesson.

Cheerz
yayajohn

Post by yayajohn »

Well I finally made it home to try these out last night.
Really nice delays Mehdi!!!
Very smooth sound and lots of options but easy to use.....perfect!
Glad to have you back :)
JoPo

Post by JoPo »

I don't find the bypass button on the echo 4i ! :-?

Another question... On echo 4 (didn't tried yet if it's the same on ambient delay), if I put all 3 filters level at the minimum, I still can hear delays... Where do they come from ? Is there a feedback path not going thru filters ?

They are awesome delays ! :)
> > > > > > > > > > > > --- Musica --> here ! ---< < < < < < < < < < < <
spacef

Post by spacef »

Hi JoPo,
You did not read the manual :-)

The bypass button is replaced by a dry/wet crossfader at the top. That's the bypass. It also acts as a second layer of dry/wet. It gives the opportunity to modify the gain of the bypass sound (dry)
I am not using the bypass button anymore on any device (except ambient delay still has it). because it is the same as a crossfader, but without all the levels in between.
The filters are on the secondary feedback line, the main line is is the "main" level btton.
If you don't want to hear the feedback, it is better to use the "panic" button (red button at the left of the main feedback pot).

To imagine the feedback path, you must imagine two spirals, where one of them takes its source in the other, and also its destination.
The sign "infinite (8) is the best top describe the path of the feedback. each feedback line is one of the loop (o) of that sign 8 (oo). each is one source and one desination of the other feedback line: the first and last feedback line is the main line though.

I found - on pinterest - a picture of the engine used in the echoes and ambient delay : https://www.pinterest.fr/pin/147422587776189802/
or this magnification of the two feedback loops and a clear view of the output line at the far right: https://www.pinterest.fr/pin/341429215484249146/
it's not a "moebius loop" though.
;-)

You should find more info in the manuals, you might miss a couple of functions if you don't.
Thanks for the kind words.
plug-ins for scope
SpaceF website
SC website
JoPo

Post by JoPo »

I read the ambient delay manual and thought they woth are similar enough ! :D

Thanks for the info... Moebus is one of my favorit comics cartoonist !
> > > > > > > > > > > > --- Musica --> here ! ---< < < < < < < < < < < <
Sounddesigner

Post by Sounddesigner »

Wow, just wow! These two new delay devices are just phenomenal Spacef! I can tell that these type of effects are in your wheelhouse for sure. After receiving my Activation-keys yesterday I decided to give both devices a short test-drive today and was able to get some really creative sonic structures from them that overall truly sounded amazing! Definite;y amongs the very best ITB delays and plugins in general that I've heard. You Spacef and dNa and Celmo are truly gifted at these type plugins and ya'll are truly the very best at certain type plugins. True geniouses! Ambient delay is definitely raw but I particular fell in deep love with Echo 4 instantly. As good as the audio-demo's are they definitely don't tell the whole story and one truly have to demo or buy these new devices to fully gage them and see how special they are. I was only able to spend a short time with them today but that short time told me a lot.

These type plugins are DEFINITELY your specialty Spacef, you definitely have your own sound with these plugins. These are the first plugins I ever bought from you and I am definitely satisfied with both of these delays and feel my money was well spent. Even tho I'm running low on cash these devices forced me to buy :) . Had to break open the old piggy-bank due to the time of year.

They are definitely working properly on my XITE-1 system at 96khz Samplerate, at least so far they are, and I'm sure they'll be fine in the long-run. They are also pretty dsp power efficient. Really low price for what they offer. These type of top-quality effects just continue to make my XITE-1 better and better over time as they are released.

To anyone reading this thread and are curiouse about these new effects, well, they're the real deal and definitely worth demoing/buying. And for many I'm sure will make great additions to the toolbox. I'm certainly a happy camper!

EDITED
spacef

Post by spacef »

There is an update for Echo 4m (midi version)

Echo 4m 2021

Added;
- new pre-post filter
- Ks input (syncs tempo to KrOn and siilar devices)

More info https://spacef-devices.com/news/echo-4m-2021/
Download in the user area here https://spacef-devices.com/sf-downloads/
Attachments
Echo4m-2021.jpg
Echo4m-2021.jpg (108.63 KiB) Viewed 12213 times
plug-ins for scope
SpaceF website
SC website
spacef

Post by spacef »

Hi all,

For those who got Echo from Sonic Core. I just wanted to remind that there is an update released last year which is available on SpaceF.
The update was previously accessible only to customers of the website. I just corrected this so anyone has access to the download (it requires an Echo key). Let me know if it does not work for you.

So, just in case you missed it. https://spacef-devices.com/downloads/echo-4m-2021/

The main difference is the pre-filter and the "KS input" ("KrOn Sync") that you can connect to the KS output of devices such as the free LG sync https://spacef-devices.com/downloads/lg-sync-pro/ that is a device that can send tempo to other devices and convert notes into gate/triggers (to resynch LFOs or triggers envelopes or clocks depending on the receiving device). The interest is when you have several devices connected, you can change the tempo on the "master" device only and it will immediately reflect on connected devices. I hope I will have the time to make it evolve in the future.
plug-ins for scope
SpaceF website
SC website