some things are happening

Planet Z Announcements

Moderators: valis, garyb

ronnie

Re: some things are happening

Post by ronnie »

https://www.kvraudio.com/submissions.php

https://www.kvraudio.com/developer_application.php

Someone at Sonic Core please sign up and spread the news. I contacted SOS.

I posted on KVR...

I contacted music-radar.

I challenged them: Newsworthy? Dinosaur or Phoenix?
"I’ve come to the conclusion that synths are like potatoes, they’re no good raw—you’ve got to cook ‘em, and I cooked these sounds for months before I got them to the point where they sounded musical to me." Lyle Mays
valis

Post by valis »

ronnie wrote:https://www.kvraudio.com/submissions.php

https://www.kvraudio.com/developer_application.php

Someone at Sonic Core please sign up and spread the news. I contacted SOS.

I posted on KVR...

I contacted music-radar.

I challenged them: Newsworthy? Dinosaur or Phoenix?
Thank you Ronnie, excellent work
Ripper

Post by Ripper »

Does anyone know if there is any plan about a true copperlan integration with the new Scope 7?
I'm aware it is working in Scope 7 as it is but as i know that Sonic-core has a Copperlan license it would be cool to see that license being used :P

Ps: Don't see this as a crazy guy trying to put more work over Holger's shoulders. :D
JoPo

Post by JoPo »

Ripper wrote:Does anyone know if there is any plan about a true copperlan integration with the new Scope 7?
I'm aware it is working in Scope 7 as it is but as i know that Sonic-core has a Copperlan license it would be cool to see that license being used :P
Copperlan works fine with Scope 7, just like before with 5.1. You must FIRST start Scope THEN Copperlan service. I believe that as long as Scope is not loaded, windows doesn't "care" for Scope midi drivers.
I made a shortcut to the Copperlan service, and when Scope is running, I start it.
> > > > > > > > > > > > --- Musica --> here ! ---< < < < < < < < < < < <
Ripper

Post by Ripper »

JoPo wrote:
Ripper wrote:Does anyone know if there is any plan about a true copperlan integration with the new Scope 7?
Copperlan works fine with Scope 7, just like before with 5.1. You must FIRST start Scope THEN Copperlan service. I believe that as long as Scope is not loaded, windows doesn't "care" for Scope midi drivers.
I made a shortcut to the Copperlan service, and when Scope is running, I start it.
I know that: I also have a shortcut for the service. :wink:
JoPo

Post by JoPo »

Nada, niente, 何も, macache, nothing, rien, لا شيء, nichts, कुछ नहीं, walou, τίποτα, que dalle, 没什么, peau d'zob, 무 on the last Audiofanzine newsletter about Scope 7 !
Don't know how to wake up them.
Refrochia

Post by Refrochia »

Ordered. Long live Scope

Anyone know if better control is still planned? IIRC OSC support was mentioned a long time ago or did I just make that up? Anyway, improved touch control support would be next level. Imagine being able to load up a device from an ipad and set / edit the routing. That would be a dream!

Actually, scratch that - sort the inputs out for the Xcite and I'll buy one (MADI)!! Cant move to xcite as it doesnt have enough inputs. Currently running 2xA16u and a 8xluna box via 2 pulsars. If only I could connect that to an Xcite!

Any news on either of those features?
There are known knowns. These are things we know that we know. There are known unknowns. That is to say, there are things that we know we don't know. But there are also unknown unknowns. These are things we don't know we don't know.
garyb

Post by garyb »

i'm pushing for madi and dante options.
JoPo

Post by JoPo »

Refrochia wrote: Cant move to xcite as it doesnt have enough inputs. Currently running 2xA16u and a 8xluna box via 2 pulsars. If only I could connect that to an Xcite!
Do like me ! 2 pc : one with PCI's=plenty of I/O the other with Xite linked via ADAT... Or in the same pc, it works perfectly too.
Bud Weiser

Post by Bud Weiser »

garyb wrote:i'm pushing for madi and dante options.
Isn´t the count of I/O channels, analog and digital, set in stone w/ XITE-1´s architecture ?

I understand:

Z-Link = 16 I/O
ADAT x2 = 16 I/O

I´ve never read any report these were successfully usable simultaneously.
Are they ???
Instead I´ve read XITE had issues w/ 2x ADAT I/O already,- p.ex. w/ Ferrofish A16mkII (AE).
(I own 1 8-channel ADDA w/ ADAT only, so I was unable to test meyself)

AES I/O = 2 I/O

Analog I/O = 2 I/O
Mic/DI In = 2 additional inputs not being available for XITE-1D

To me that´s 38 inputs and 36 outputs at max.

Now, when we p.ex. got MADI,- I thought only the 18 (or 34,- see above) digital I/Os were assignable via MADI.
Means, they could be picked from a 32 or 64 I/O MADI data stream,- no ?

Or would MADI expand XITE-1´s usable digital I/Os ?

:)

Bud

P.S.:

I´d really like to know which quality 16 channel ADAT AD/DA would be usable w/ XITE-1 and SCOPE v7 now.
Anyone out there using actual gear and not only the old Creamware A16s and A16mkIIs ?
Something high quality stock, not modded Behringers ...
S|C Scope/XITE-1 & S|C A16U, Scope PCI & CW A16U
garyb

Post by garyb »

sure they're usable simultaneously!

XITE ADAT works great.
SOME users had problems with Ferrofish converters. i don't know what that's about. i have TWO A16mk2s and never had a problem.

modded Behrigers ARE high quality. :lol:
there are only a couple of different chips that do the AD/DA for EVERYBODY. if the audio path is upgraded, a cheapm converter is a high-end converter. except for the super-duper high-end stuff, NOBODY does an AD/DA from scratch anymore. even then, the choice is between 2 or 3 chips for the actual conversion. i have used many different AD/DAs with XITE from Avalon to RME to Ferrofish to Cranesong, to Behringer to Creamware.

MADI or Dante would be a small board that would replace the small Z-Link Board. since it's not made, don't get TOO excited about it yet.
Bud Weiser

Post by Bud Weiser »

garyb wrote:sure they're usable simultaneously!
O.k., that that´s 34 digital I/Os on XITE-1 (ADAT / Z-Link & AES) ...

When MADI or Dante came,- what do we have then ?
That was the question.
I guess,- the same count of digital I/Os ...

Or more because it might be possible internally and in SCOPE environment, offering MADI I/O devices w/ up to 64 channels for In and Out ?
garyb wrote: XITE ADAT works great.
Yes, it also does w/ my Nuendo/RME which has only 8 channels ...
I´d need a 16 channel converter making an external mixer for ext. keyboards obsolete.
garyb wrote: SOME users had problems with Ferrofish converters. i don't know what that's about. i have TWO A16mk2s and never had a problem.
The Ferrofish was what I had originally in mind, yes,- but OTOH, I also don´t want to be one of the "some users having issues".
garyb wrote: modded Behrigers ARE high quality. :lol:
I know that, but buying such gear here and ship to BlackLion in the US and back is insane.
That´s why it´s no option for me.
In addition, for 16 channels I need 2 and that´s 2 HU.
I want the 16 channels in 1 HU and there aren´t so many options ...
garyb wrote: MADI or Dante would be a small board that would replace the small Z-Link Board. since it's not made, don't get TOO excited about it yet.
For sure a great addition to XITE !

:)

Bud
S|C Scope/XITE-1 & S|C A16U, Scope PCI & CW A16U