some things are happening

Planet Z Announcements

Moderators: valis, garyb

Bud Weiser

Re: some things are happening

Post by Bud Weiser »

garyb wrote:the same bad news for 64bit XTC, but it's likely that will get fixed this year, as well.
OMG, that would be SOON in deed ... :lol:

no kidding,-

I didn´t expect SCOPE v7 coming before Musikmesse 2018,- so for me it´s absolutely amazing reading it´s out already !
I´ll buy it twice, for PCI and XITE-1 and I´ll do soon as well,- but I also have questions left ...

let´s begin ...

1.)
I read,- "PC with Microsoft Windows up to Win10".

Does that mean, SCOPE v7 still runs on XP,- or does it urgently need Win7 now.
Not a dealbreaker but I wanna know ...

2.)
New ASIO driver,- but WAVE driver doesn´t work in 64Bit up to now, bugfixes incl. MIDI CC permanent storage and reliable recall promised for the near future and so on,- all good.

But,- what´s about (XITE-) hardware compatibility w/ mobos using processor sockets 1151/ 1151v2 and 2011-3/ 2066 as also Intel chipsets z170 / z270 / z370 / x99 / x299 ?

Is there a solution/ improvement or do we still need z97 for best data thruput and performance ?

For me, that´s very important because I originally wanted to build an all new machine for SCOPE v7.

:)

Bud
S|C Scope/XITE-1 & S|C A16U, Scope PCI & CW A16U
garyb

Post by garyb »

1. still works in XP with sp3. sp3 is needed because of the driver signing algo. XP still sees the driver as unsigned because it doesn't recognize the newer algo, but it works fine.

2. i don't know. it's not like everything can be tested. we'll have to see. my guess is that everything is fine, since the driver is win10 compliant.
jksuperstar

Post by jksuperstar »

This thread should be renamed to “Holy F@CKING SH!T, It’s game on for Scope7!!”

:D
dante

Post by dante »

if Im running Scope PCI and Scope XITE on the same system, then I have to buy it twice yeah ( eg in order to run it on both). If so, and I decide only to upgrade 1 then should be no prob to run Scope 7 on XITE whilst running Scope 5.1 on PCI ?
garyb

Post by garyb »

should be fine.
dante

Post by dante »

Cool thanks
LorenOA76

Post by LorenOA76 »

Just purchased!
Thank you so much for this Great Support!!!
It work so beautiful :)

Sonic Core is really unique..

Loren
babaorum

Post by babaorum »

I try to install but ...

at driver installation stage I have :
Found "Sonic Core Pulsar 2"
ERROR InstallDriver returned-2

Is it my Luna which is a problem ?
Sonic Core Luna II + Pulsar II scope v5.1.2709-x64, Cubase 9.0.20 (64), Pro Tools 12.7, Wavelab element 9 (64), windows 8.1 pro (64), Asus P6T 18Go RAM core i7 920, SSL Duende Native - Lexicon PCM Reverb Bundle - Waves - Sonnox
babaorum

Post by babaorum »

Ok If you've got like me windows 8.1 you have to run setup v7 in 'compatibility mode' Windows 7 :D

the setup is compatible with windows 10 and windows 7 but not with windows 8 and 8.1 ??!! Let's found the error :roll: :lol: :lol:
Sonic Core Luna II + Pulsar II scope v5.1.2709-x64, Cubase 9.0.20 (64), Pro Tools 12.7, Wavelab element 9 (64), windows 8.1 pro (64), Asus P6T 18Go RAM core i7 920, SSL Duende Native - Lexicon PCM Reverb Bundle - Waves - Sonnox
babaorum

Post by babaorum »

The good news : Guitar Pro 7 recognizes scope 7 :) (not compatible with scope v5.1)

The bad news : Notion 6 doesn't ...
binaural

Post by binaural »

And ordered! Fair price too. I must say I'm not looking forward to the computer hassle that might come with it, but the plunge will be worth it.
Bud Weiser

Post by Bud Weiser »

garyb wrote: 1. still works in XP with sp3. sp3 is needed because of the driver signing algo. XP still sees the driver as unsigned because it doesn't recognize the newer algo, but it works fine.
That´s excellent news !
garyb wrote: 2. i don't know. it's not like everything can be tested. we'll have to see. my guess is that everything is fine, since the driver is win10 compliant.
I just asked because of the following ... quote:

"Release Notes Build 1705 ...

... SCOPE v7 is compatibility and optimizations related to Windows 10.

The Hardware Driver, ASIO and DSP system layers have been adapted and improved, as well as the resource management."

Now I wondered what "Hardware Driver" means in this case,- accessing external hardware devices being connected to PCI card or XITE via ADAT, AES and other I/O decives, MIDI included,- or something being computer hardware (CPU socket/ chipset/ PCIe-bus/lanes) related ?
This, running SCOPE v7 standalone and no ASIO in the ballpark.

And ... Holger does almost all the programming of SCOPE v7 ?
If yes, which machine configuration is he using to run SCOPE/ SCOPE SDK v7 for development and bug fixing.
Until I read the opposite, for me there´s still hope they might use at least one of the z170 or z270 machines w/ Win10 already.

If yes, your guess from above post might be correct.

Bud
JoPo

Post by JoPo »

spacef wrote:
JoPo wrote:I just send the news to french Audiofanzine to ask them to publish a news in their newsletter because I hope they don't have time to do that at S|C ! But I also told them that even if "soon", at S|C, can mean "years or decade", this time, they are using the same "soon" meaning ! :P

If all "Z" users would ask to his favorit audio stuff media or forum to spread the good word to the world ! That would be nice ! 8)
cool :-)
Unfortunately, I didn't see any news on Audiofanzine since that...... But now 7.0 is out, I going to contact them again. :)

And if S|C could lend a Xite unit to them, they could make a testing video in french to show to french music producer what is the power of Xite-1 + Scope ! Maybe someone could write to Holger ? Someone who knows him (more than me, at least...) and try to persuade him to lend a unit to Audiofanzine guys (like all other audio manufacturer do), they'll send it back to him and he'll certainly have some new customers...
Holger has for sure 1 or 2 Xite units for demonstrating...
> > > > > > > > > > > > --- Musica --> here ! ---< < < < < < < < < < < <
Bud Weiser

Post by Bud Weiser »

faxinadu wrote:This is not yet available, but a teaser if you own the prodyssey it has a v7 coming soon too, more quirky mods on this one.

- unison
- 3 additional filter types - minimax, pro1, pro5 (+ the original prodyssey)
- mild distortion
- second filter now switchable between hp/lp
- drone mode
- 4 fx slots
I wished they implemented at least 2 original ARP Odyssey filters ...

History:

a) Odyssey model 2800 w/ 4023 12dB VCF

b) Odyssey model 2810 w/ 4035 24dB VCF which was too close to the MOOG filter design, requireing a final revision:

c) Odyssey model 2811 and 2813 w/ 4075 24dB VCF which unfortunately sounded duller than a) and b) ...

d) Odyssey models 2820 - 2823 w/ improved 16KHz frequency response and hardware-upgraded 4075 24dB VCF

I guess we have d) as the original filter in Prodyssey and it would be great to have the 12dB 4023 from the "white" Odyssey too.

Bud
babaorum

Post by babaorum »

No revolution in this v7 but if it's just the beginning , it's funny to see SC moves again 8)

Pro Tools 12.8.2 and cubase 9.0.30 runs well with it :)
Xite Knight v2.0

Post by Xite Knight v2.0 »

JoPo

Post by JoPo »

JoPo wrote:
spacef wrote:
JoPo wrote:I just send the news to french Audiofanzine to ask them to publish a news in their newsletter because I hope they don't have time to do that at S|C ! But I also told them that even if "soon", at S|C, can mean "years or decade", this time, they are using the same "soon" meaning ! :P

If all "Z" users would ask to his favorit audio stuff media or forum to spread the good word to the world ! That would be nice ! 8)
cool :-)
Unfortunately, I didn't see any news on Audiofanzine since that...... But now 7.0 is out, I going to contact them again. :)

And if S|C could lend a Xite unit to them, they could make a testing video in french to show to french music producer what is the power of Xite-1 + Scope ! Maybe someone could write to Holger ? Someone who knows him (more than me, at least...) and try to persuade him to lend a unit to Audiofanzine guys (like all other audio manufacturer do), they'll send it back to him and he'll certainly have some new customers...
Holger has for sure 1 or 2 Xite units for demonstrating...
.......................................................... DONE ! ..........................................................

Now, I'm wondering how I could convict S|C to lend a Xite-1 unit to Audiofanzine in order for them to make a test and release it on their site. Since 1 or 2 years, they also make video test about audio gears. Those videos are watched by around 10 000 people, which is not that bad for specific audio products. And it's only in France... There is certainly the same audio web site in all other countries... If some of you, living all around the world would ask to the respective most famous audio web site to add a news about Scope 7.0 in their next newsletter, it could help to increase people number who know S|C is still alive and started again to improve its products... :D

Think that the more SC is known, the more products they sell, the more developers they hire, the more they can improve Scope and even get back to the forefront of innovation!
It's a good way to help S|C to become more known for free ! As users, we should try to help our favorit audio platform ! :D

- - - - - - - - APPLAUSE ! - - - - - - - -

Thanks for your attention.
spacef

Post by spacef »

do you know their current adress? i used to live near them but not sure they are still there.

I just don't see them testing Xite the way it should be without someone who know Scope very well. They will not be able to focus on the strong points.

It is important to know that Scope suffers a LOT from the days of Creamware. Even in shops, i met people who used scope in the early 2000 and they still think it does not work well and is unstable. @Jopo you may have seen the post from a guy on audiofanzine saying it is "vaporware" , which is probably a heritage from the Creamware days, or too long period without update, but above all, someone who has not understood what scope is good for and choose to get rid of it and to hate it as much as possible (for any reason good or bad - i think it's a mac user). what is also needed, is to make it clear that Sonic Core is not Creamware and that SC is better. For that, you need everything to work fine (wave dest 64 bit for example).

but if they want to come in spacef studio to test it, they are welcome.

I agree People should do more videos of Xite/Scope in use, there are not a lot of them (too much talk in general - there are only two that are great - that I posted on audiofanzine)..
plug-ins for scope
SpaceF website
SC website
JoPo

Post by JoPo »

I don't go that much on Audiofanzine forums. No idea where Audiofanzine is... Le siège social est à Montrouge, that's all I can see. I contacted them through their contact form. https://fr.audiofanzine.com/contact/ You'll find the "siège social" adress.

If many people still believe S|C = Creamware, it's one more reason to communicate as much as possible !

I'm not sure Audiofanzine guys would be lost in Scope. They test so many audio stuff and apparently, they take enough time to dig deeper in the product features. But for sure, if someone who knows Scope very well shows them how to use it, the test would be much better !
Anyway... First, I'm now waiting for their answer and for testing Xite-1, they need an unit ! I just hope S|C can lend them a demo one. And for the moment, I hope they'll add a news about Scope 7.0 on the next newsletter ! :wink:
Music Manic

Post by Music Manic »

Just ordered plus the SDK. Do they send us the keys or Gary?

P.S. Could someone point me in the right direction for learning the SDK. Is there a manual? Just want to create a few small routing devices.

Thanks