Moderators: valis, garyb

fra77x2

Scope SDK class by John Amolochitis / Sur-audio lab

Post by fra77x2 »

sdk class copy.jpg
sdk class copy.jpg (257.03 KiB) Viewed 10226 times

I'm offering again the Scope SDK class.

- Create any type of custom devices.
- Utilize 95% of DSP resources of Scope hardware (PCI boards - Xite 1/1D)
- Create fixed / accurately recallable midi control of devices
- Create DSP accurately recallable custom projects for Live/performance
- Advanced synthesis / mixing / mastering tutorials

tuition: 200 euro / 4 sessions. More sessions can be arranged on demand.

for info contact amolohitis@gmail.com

Also check SAL catalogue 2017 for some new devices for the Xite hardware
SAL_catalog_2017.jpg
SAL_catalog_2017.jpg (485 KiB) Viewed 10226 times
JoPo

Re: Scope SDK class by John Amolochitis / Sur-audio lab

Post by JoPo »

But There is no link !

ópou eínai ? :D (don't answer me in greek, I know only this and a lot of bad words...)
> > > > > > > > > > > > --- Musica --> here ! ---< < < < < < < < < < < <
garyb

Post by garyb »

email.
Nestor

Post by Nestor »

It looks really great! Best of luck for you guys! Hope many will get into your offering: :wink:
*MUSIC* The most Powerful Language in the world! *INDEED*
valis

Post by valis »

Perhaps this belongs in announcements?
garyb

Post by garyb »

i guess so, so i moved it. :)
JoPo

Post by JoPo »

DAMN !!

After John developed for me the dynamic eq : http://forums.scopeusers.com/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=35116 , my trust in his skill jumped to 100% !
So I purchased some other of his devices (and also because I get some cash !). The compressor is absolutely incredible but what to say about the phaser !!?

It's totally fantastic ! Its sound is ra-di-cal ! You can modulate it manually via midi but I suggested John to add modulation audio inputs to his filter, phaser & delay devices in order to have a much higher resolution than with midi and very accurate timing. Like I did for the dynamic eq.
I think all Scope devices should have modulation audio inputs ! To let user the possibility to use an asio channel or any audio signal source to modulate important Scope devices parameters !
There is only so few Scope devices which have this simple feature !
> > > > > > > > > > > > --- Musica --> here ! ---< < < < < < < < < < < <
Liquid EDGE

Post by Liquid EDGE »

Bump…. Is this not a great offering.

I’d personally like to use the SDK.

Is this still being offered? (I can’t do it till next year, and want to have at least read through the manuals and poke about first) how long is each session?

Do you have an upto date list of your devices?

Is one still able to get hold of cos / cos 2, void / void 2…

I have void / void 2… I really like them.
masterec

Post by masterec »

Liquid EDGE wrote: Sat Dec 11, 2021 7:04 am Bump…. Is this not a great offering.

I’d personally like to use the SDK.

Is this still being offered? (I can’t do it till next year, and want to have at least read through the manuals and poke about first) how long is each session?

Do you have an upto date list of your devices?

Is one still able to get hold of cos / cos 2, void / void 2…

I have void / void 2… I really like them.
I am interested in this offering as well. Does anyone have more info?

What's exactly being delivered? Digital files and textual documents from which we can learn on? How long in 1 session (hour, 45 min)
valis

Post by valis »

This was an old offer, in conversation with him recently he seems to have moved on to doing a lot of actual electronics work (outside of the digital realm) and seems most interested in that. However (and I *cannot* speak for others, simply relating this because it is part of my aim here) I did have some positive interactions in regards to doing some training sessions.

I'm not sure if there was any concrete idea yet, but to outline my basic thought process to him as well as you guys:
1. Either Zoom or Livestream lessons on a schedule that we can all manage (once a week perhaps, or even once a month)
2. Record these sessions and edit them to put them up as video on various platforms
3. Periodically review any changes in the platform (thus far this will be the easiest part, but there is an upcoming beta)

The first point might be a small session for paid users if that's what fra77x2 wants to do (he's the one with the knowledge), or we can elect to do it on a platform that supports small subscription fees (locals etc), or perhaps I can simulcast a Zoom session back out to Twitch/Youtube/etc and skip the complexity of signups for people. Again, this will largely be up to fra77x2 and what he still wants, but I think the first and second aren't bad ideas because of point two...more to simplify the initial sessions than to reap major financial rewards. But we do deserve to be compensated for our time, which I have said to fra77x2.

On the second point, I can handle most of the burden of editing unless others want to participate. And I have my own thoughts outside of this alone on creating a ScopeUsers channel in various places to host video content. What is on Youtube etc is haphazard, because it's thrown up by individual users or 3rd party devs and there's not much effort towards coherent SEO that would benefit this platform and S|C. I will speak to Holger and his new staff member about this.

On the 3rd point, the content might just be added to (for the SDK discussion here specifically) with addendum videos later. But the 3rd point would include more than just the SDK lessons, that can simply be one playlist. There are people on Youtube that I enjoy watching review various pieces of hardware and software, and so having playlists dedicated to specific Scope devices, workflows, methods of production, presets etc would make sense in a larger context that goes beyond the bounds of this SDK discussion, so I will expand on that later.
nebelfuerst

Post by nebelfuerst »

For the 2nd point:
As I'm not a pro producer, my scope times are pretty random. In this situation a tutorial video comes handy, as you can stretch it over days, if needed. (This doesn't mean, I'm expecting everything free of charge.)
In the case of spacef's Tutor Video, the chance to pose questions about the video was a big help, as I'm sometimes stuck at clicks, that might be trivial to the tutor.
\\\ *** l 0 v e | X I T E *** ///
valis

Post by valis »

With fra77x2 specifically, he has a say in regards to what we do with his involvement. But I think what I outlined is so common now it's difficult to argue against it, the question is how to find the time/energy to record and edit the first step. I'm fairly good at structuring things so that there's a workflow from bootstrapping all the way up to functional.
Berny Shoes

Post by Berny Shoes »

I understood from John the original offer was q&a based at the pace of the pupil. While I appreciate this was a great way of learning, it was this which deterred me from taking up the class.
I too would like to see the classes return in a structured video format which could be dipped in and out of and reviewed as required/at leisure. An open q&a, as nebelfuerst suggests, would aid the video classes further.
valis

Post by valis »

He's not as active here any longer, so not sure on that last part, though I defer to him in regards to any decisions on that front.

In regards to video content and SDK videos in particular, I do believe we will have that regardless (though I don't want to hijack his thread). What is clear though is that he has told me privately and us publicly that he will participate, and so one can presume we will learn from him as well.
mausmuso

Post by mausmuso »

I bought the original videos from John quite a few years back.
They were super important to me in building my SDK knowledge.
I pretty much watched them a number of times to 'get it'.
John did offer assistance if I needed it, but for the most part I went it alone. I figured that is the best way to learn.
From my perspective they are worth the investment if you want to become proficient in SDK.
regards
maus