dNa-EffectRack & dNa-ChannelRack v2 versions available

dNa Devices discussion & support

Moderators: valis, RA

RA

dNa-EffectRack & dNa-ChannelRack v2 versions available

Post by RA »

The v2.0 versions of these fantastic racks are available for download at dNaMusic.nl

Haven't gotten the time to update the manuals, or the gfx on the dNa site, but new screenshots are in the zip files, manuals are on their way, and the new additions....these are device you don't want to miss out on! Please check the Changelogs included in the zips, and just try, because the new features are pretty self-explanatory.

Highlights in short:
dNa-EffectRack: AMC to morph your parameters AND switch the state of the device! - Seperate Presetfiles which can load from the Rack presetfile
dNa-ChannelRack: Added dNa Analog feature to the Rack - Seperate Presetfiles which can load from the Rack presetfile
- We're freaks about gearz and methods -
More on dNa: http://dnamusic.nl
garyb

Re: dNa-EffectRack & dNa-ChannelRack v2 versions available

Post by garyb »

these ARE amazing and fantastic FX!
the updates make them beyond phenomenal!
Sounddesigner

Post by Sounddesigner »

Great plugins only getting better. Ray you always seem to go the extra mile with your plugins with features, dsp-efficiency/optimization, etc and not just settle for great sound-quality, love it! You're a very talented and special developer no doubt! SonicCore is VERY fortunate to have you on board.
Marco

Post by Marco »

I can underline all the words of Sounddesigner!
:wink: out and about for music production. Are you still configguring your Studio :lol: music first!
RA

Post by RA »

A humble thank you for these wonderfull compliments!
t_tangent

Post by t_tangent »

Yes thanks Ray, fantastic updates. I particularly like the Effects rack presets on each part, really handy. Much appreciated :)
RA

Post by RA »

I really hope ya'll did not overlook the dNa-AMC feature in the effectrack upgrade. Click on the logo of the amc for a very brief way on how to use it. You can assign the AMC to control up to 6 parameters in the rack(and even outside the rack)...and control those with the master controller for morphing your soundscapes. I added some presets in the v3 folder op the presetfile which will demonstrate in several ways. In 1 the amc master controlling different parameters and others demonstrating what can be done with the statemanager. Imho this makes the Effectrack even more flexible and gives great creative, dynamic and evolving effects

An updated manual is on its way when i got more time on my hand.
dawman

Post by dawman »

Outstanding update.
I just finished my project for upcoming gigs.
After seeing the AMC I am going to morph from Chorus to Pitch on aux channel 1.

I'll let you know later how it works but thank you now...

Ankyu
RA

Post by RA »

Damn Dawman...now that is a trick i did not think of..good one! I will try that myself too. You can alter the way the AMC controls in many ways, and you can trigger the morph feature so it will do the transform by itself. Lets you keep your hands to the keys.
dawman

Post by dawman »

I had Chorus assigned a CC# to mute or bypass, loaded up Pitch and did the same.
Both worked that way but I lost the chorus effect once I started switching.
I used the panel buttons, then tried the Module names as I noticed they went dark.

Really want to try and just use Chorus or Pitch in the same rack or AUX channel.
If you can figure out a way for me please share.

This would be awesome, but morphing between the 2 would be pretty sweet.
I think it worked the first time, but as I said lost Chorus after that.
It appears to work but the effect itself becomes muted...

Great looking Optimus Prime update.
I especially thank you for that one.....
RA

Post by RA »

Okay Dawman,

and i thought it would be easy solving this "little" issue. I initially thought the problem was between the screen and the chair ;-)

Well, we have come across the limitation of Scope and its controller bugs. Although all controllers are in fact saved (over 450 parameters are saved in the Rack) Scope does NOT recall correct, even when reopening a project. This is a serious implication for me for my device, and actually i'm very disappointed in this, since it kills enthusiasm in using the device as i intended it to be used and tested it. I traced the hell out of it again, because there are presets in the new preset file that are working, so it should. But i think i have found a solution to this problem!

For now i can only help you with this new v2.1 update (which is on the server); just recall the preset Chorus2Pitch
Mastercontroller now controls Mix of Chorus and Depth of Modulation. State 1 can be used to combine and morph those. State 2 is just the Chorus, State 3 is just modulation.
Bear in mind that you do not have to assign the bypasses to the parameters! Just use the switches. The states save bypass, values of the 6 parameters and Mainmix. (see changelog)

For precisely your purpose i thought i could further tune the mix level on the Trichorus. Now all the way it has near stable gain output. (so no drop in volume)

The thing with controllers and the presets that worked: i made those in sdk, with manually assigning them. That is also a reason why a little bug slipped in there.
What i think that can solve our problem with scope and the damned controller recalling (because for me also saving as midicontrollers etc didnt work) is making yet another window,
with ALL the parameters midi assignments. This way it will save and recall as intended. But...by accident you could assign doubles....well, we'll just see how that will end.
It is not the most aesthetic solution, but a workable one. I'm not 100% sure it will work, i'll be checking and working on that in the next few days or weeks.

Until then, I hope the preset i made for you will keep you satisfied for now.
Last edited by RA on Sun Feb 19, 2017 2:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
RA

Post by RA »

A little update; the solution i envisioned can do the work perfectly as it seems. Full recall from preset and project as it seems. So i'll start implementing that.
dawman

Post by dawman »

Excellent.
I still got time to play around.
Updated Summer of 82
Tape Delay, really nice, never tried it
Optimus

Love having time to catch up.