SC XMAS OFFER 2016 - dNa and Ocean Swift

dNa Devices discussion & support

Moderators: valis, RA

Sounddesigner

Re: SC XMAS OFFER 2016 - dNa and Ocean Swift

Post by Sounddesigner »

Happy Holidays to all SCOPE developers, Users, Owner, etc. Great to see multiple new devices released for the SCOPE Platform. Looks like the SCOPE platform is starting to thrive again wich is great. It's been great watching the firey phoenix slowly rise from the ashes and ascend wich is what SCOPE Platform is slowly doing IMV.

I could'nt buy all the new SCOPE devices i wanted to but i did buy the dNa RACKS Bundle and got my Activation-Keys for them yesterday. Sounds great so far wich i knew they would and i can't wait to use them. I've always been a huge fan of all-in-one modular effects plugins this is why I love Izotope plugins and IK Multimedia's T-RackS and Amplitude. Glad to see sophisticated Rack plugins come to SCOPE, this is usually just a Native Platform concept/design. I love the workflow all-in-one modular Rack effects plugins give thus the Racks bundle was a must-have for me. EffectRack and ChannelRack will be well loved here I'm sure. They were a instant buy even during this Christmas time when money is very limited.. These Rack plugins are a great Christmas gift for self and I love seeing my XITE-1 continuously get more powerfull with tools that fit me. Again, Happy Holidays to all!
53E7

Post by 53E7 »

The OS20 pack is really awesome! Anyone into modular, will love these. I'm going to really enjoy making music with these modules.
dehuszar

Post by dehuszar »

Here's the results from my first night kicking around the Acid Bundle and Rack Pack.

http://forums.scopeusers.com/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=34739

I am VERY happy with my purchases. The Acid Bundle gives me a couple of tones I was looking for and the Effects Rack is an amazing and creative device. I have often lamented that EQ's and Compressors get most of the attention in effects land, but the Modulation and Filter effects sound fantastic. Pretty intuitive as well. I had to look up a few switches and knobs, but I was making music right away. When I have time to record some mic'd tracks I'll be able to speak more to the Channel Rack, but from a quick poking around, it looks like it will end up in a lot of mixer inserts of some existing tracks.

Nice work OceanSwift and dNa!

Sam
RA

Post by RA »

Great u guys like it...thanks for sharing your experiences. Just make sure you check dnamusic.nl at a regular basis. :wink:
- We're freaks about gearz and methods -
More on dNa: http://dnamusic.nl
dawman

Post by dawman »

The Reverb and Chorus are beautiful.
Tri Chorus is great on instruments, the other Chorus is really good to follow the Reverb with.
Chorus that's built into the LARC works really well, so when it's audio gets pushed out to the Chorus module, the right waveform with slow frequency can toss the tail around like a chorusey image shifter.

Nice work Ray
Marco

Post by Marco »

Hallo guys, you all are like on steroids when someting new comes out. Me most time too, but can anyone give me a reason to buy the dNA bundle in eurorack format??? There is so many stuff provided in scope, I am not ready to spent any money to get more and more till I am shot to dead by plugins.

I the quality better? Is there anything inside which was not already provided in scope? EQ, Modulation, Compressor, Delay, Disortion, LED chains, FX Rack??? :-? :-? :-?

Okay there could be a good reason to buy OS20, thats nice and its not already included but the dNa GIVES ME NO REASON TO BUY.

Maybe you can give me a reason?
:wink: out and about for music production. Are you still configguring your Studio :lol: music first!
RA

Post by RA »

Hi Anabelle.

It's always good to stay critical.

The great chorusses(imho), renewed reverb, great flexible delays, filters and modulation packed in a stylish intuituve user interface which looks great onscreen also for customers, with routing possibilities that haven't seen daylight on scope i think, should make it a great addition in your toolbox. The channelrack is more straightforwards...good dna dynamics
, with great passive shelf eqs and again the routing/rearranging philosophy.

I think its best to just try a demo and see for yourself. Probably some will post their reactions here to make any descisions. Faxi made a very nice video on them btw for your information.

As always your critical :D and that is totally legit. :wink:

Frohe weihnachten!
Best ray

And indeed OS has great stuff...so if that is more of your cup of tea...go for it
dehuszar

Post by dehuszar »

anabella wrote:Hallo guys, you all are like on steroids when someting new comes out. Me most time too, but can anyone give me a reason to buy the dNA bundle in eurorack format??? There is so many stuff provided in scope, I am not ready to spent any money to get more and more till I am shot to dead by plugins.

I the quality better? Is there anything inside which was not already provided in scope? EQ, Modulation, Compressor, Delay, Disortion, LED chains, FX Rack??? :-? :-? :-?

Okay there could be a good reason to buy OS20, thats nice and its not already included but the dNa GIVES ME NO REASON TO BUY.

Maybe you can give me a reason?
Hi Anabella,

For me, the reverbs and the like are nice but I have plenty. The filters and modulators are not as heavily covered by stock or 3rd-party modules. I found the ones in the Effects Rack very simple and powerful. For instance, the stock modulators are not as precise as I would like and I tended to have to throw in several other effects to get close to where I wanted to be, but with the dNa rack I was able to get to a setting I really liked right away. And yes, the quality is excellent. The EQ module can definitely be used to do some EQ enhancements, but I've found it to be an excellent filtering/shaping tool. It could be my imagination too, but I've found the EQ to feel very musical. Perhaps a weird allusion to make given that these are all tools for music, but the stock EQ's are very clinical (which is great for several types of adjustments).

Another nice feature is that you can change the order of each effect in the signal chain without having to re-set them up. This makes the device very pleasant to experiment with.
RA

Post by RA »

@dehuszar...did you see the transform option in the reverb? Can give some really strange effect on it..especially with long reverb times
dehuszar

Post by dehuszar »

RA wrote:@dehuszar...did you see the transform option in the reverb? Can give some really strange effect on it..especially with long reverb times
I did not! I'm definitely a 'play first,' 'manual second' kinda guy. I'm hoping to play around with it all some more this next week.

Sam
RA

Post by RA »

No prob sam...enjoy the holidays!
Marco

Post by Marco »

Are there presets for each module or presets for the whole box with 6 modules?
:wink: out and about for music production. Are you still configguring your Studio :lol: music first!
faxinadu

Post by faxinadu »

whole boxes
Scope, Android, Web, PC Plugins and Sounds:
http://www.oceanswift.net
Music
https://faxinadu.bandcamp.com/
faxinadu

Post by faxinadu »

check our videos anabella :)
Scope, Android, Web, PC Plugins and Sounds:
http://www.oceanswift.net
Music
https://faxinadu.bandcamp.com/
RA

Post by RA »

Hi annabelle,

No there are no preset per module. Only for the rack itself. Thought about it...but my guess was and still is that it got tooo much seperate stuff then with all the extra windows...extra seperate files which had to be managed again(for the user)...i tried to keep it as simple as could be. Its very intuitive in use....and keeps the mind going in being creative instead of being the organiser.

Best,ray
Marco

Post by Marco »

Hallo Faxi, I saw your videos, nice descriptions. :)

I know this seems to be much preset boxes, but each device has so many possibilities, would be nice to have :D .
RA

Post by RA »

Free dNa-plugin to be released for loyal customers. More info on dNaMusic.nl > Loyalty Gift
yayajohn

Post by yayajohn »

oh boy, more presents! :P
dawman

Post by dawman »

DSP Christmas gifts this year are especially abundant.
t_tangent

Post by t_tangent »

Yes, the developers have been very generous. Much appreciated :)