dNa Optimus Prime + dNa Tape Echo - Special offer

dNa Devices discussion & support

Moderators: valis, RA

yayajohn

Re: dNa Optimus Prime + dNa Tape Echo - Special offer

Post by yayajohn »

Well Ray I don't know how it's possible to make the Optimus any better than it already is but you did. Love the insert feedback! Great presets too.
High quality devices coming from you.

Thanks a bunch!

Dan
dawman

Post by dawman »

I use a short slapback delay for distorted guitar channels where I do backing comps for our guitarist, but it's the only other delay I use now since Optimus Prime.
I can send presets for when I want it as a flanger/Phaser, even multitap reverb.
But best of all I can use an FS-6 Pedal, stomp on the button and kick in the Dub Style loop/delay, then kick it off and play the same sound as I listen to the first stomp fade away like a real old Prime Time Model 53 Lexicon.....

Best friend for a live player......
yayajohn

Post by yayajohn »

with the latest version 2.5 you will have to re-save all of the presets you made before this release so they include the insert part of the device.

Ray, have you or anyone else updated the factory presets since 2.5 came out? If not I will do it.

regards
Dan

btw. after almost 6 months with this device i'm still exploring it. it's really awesome! Can't wait to see what you have next for us :)
RA

Post by RA »

Hi dan,

I updated the presets with the midicc in them and prob with insert too,although it should not be a problem, cause the insert wasn't in them.....but....if you could do the honours ;)

It really is a Killer fx unit if i may say so myself.....and the insert function is great and there is a nice addition coming for that hehe ;)

Edit....dan, indeed there is one issue that can occur ofcourse....if you have an insert loaded and you load in one of the presets it wouldn't reset the insert status.....got me there haha
- We're freaks about gearz and methods -
More on dNa: http://dnamusic.nl
yayajohn

Post by yayajohn »

yes, I just discovered that last night. Fortunately I only have about a half dozen home made presets so it was easy to just re save each. The factory presets will take a little longer but not too long. I'll try and get to it.

Dan
yayajohn

Post by yayajohn »

To anyone who is interested. Here is the updated factory presets for Optimus Prime version 2.5

Fixes: if you load a device in the insert slot and then click on a preset that was made before version 2.5 the insert slot will not change and the last device you had loaded will remain.

Ray let me know if I gooned it all up.

Dan
dNa-Optimus Prime.zip
(61.17 KiB) Downloaded 327 times
dawman

Post by dawman »

dNa Optimus is the a great Live Delay unit too.
I totally automate it's parameters in real time every night.
By using the Dub 11 preset, tweaking it slightly and adding a Distortion plug
to the insert slot 1 I have exactly that old hardware sound I love so much.
dNa.jpg
dNa.jpg (232.05 KiB) Viewed 10521 times
yayajohn

Post by yayajohn »

I haven't tried a distortion yet, think that's next on my list.

Have you tried loading another Optimus Prime in the insert slot? It gets very interesting to say the least.
I might try a third sometime :D
RA

Post by RA »

For those who own the dNa-Optimus Prime; I updated it a little bit. A bit of coloring (for better overview from distance), little bit of this, little bit of that. Mostly GUI. And i removed some stuff that was saved in presets: bypass state, some of the displays...hope this works better. Have fun!

You can check the changelog, and there's a manual with it now...finally...sorry it took so long.
- We're freaks about gearz and methods -
More on dNa: http://dnamusic.nl
t_tangent

Post by t_tangent »

Thanks Ray, appreciate the recent updates, and looking forward to the new devices as well. Thanks again and have a great Christmas :)
yayajohn

Post by yayajohn »

Love the new look. Opened my favorite preset with a stock pitch shifter in the insert and I could swear it sounded different....fuller and richer. Ahhh yes the manual...thanks Ray!
Can't wait for the new racks
ronnie

Post by ronnie »

Me also wants Summer of '82, Santa. De EURO is diving... Ho Ho Ho.
"I’ve come to the conclusion that synths are like potatoes, they’re no good raw—you’ve got to cook ‘em, and I cooked these sounds for months before I got them to the point where they sounded musical to me." Lyle Mays