dNa Optimus Prime + dNa Tape Echo - Special offer

dNa Devices discussion & support

Moderators: valis, RA

garyb

Re: dNa Optimus Prime + dNa Tape Echo - Special offer

Post by garyb »

just install the files(in the ftp menu 3rd party\dna), put the device in the routing window and then copy/paste the request string from the registration window that opens into an email to support asking for a demo key.
JoPo

Post by JoPo »

Excellent ! I do it right now.
Merci, garyb !
> > > > > > > > > > > > --- Musica --> here ! ---< < < < < < < < < < < <
Sounddesigner

Post by Sounddesigner »

ShogunSpy wrote:
well done Ray!
I played with the new bundle for a few hours yesterday after receiving my keys for them and i must say 'stratospheric'. Optimus Prime is a masterpiece. Optimus Prime is the best multi-effector i've ever owned or tried bar-none!!! The variety of sounds you can get out of this plugin is eye-opening impressive. Optimus prime is instantly my favorite multi-effector and one of my top plugins now. I am thoroughly impressed. No hype here, this plugin is absolutely supernal. Both these new plugins are special, just because i don't say much about the Tape Echo does'nt mean anything bad but quite the contrary i think it sounds excellent and easy to get what you want out of it. I just am mind blown by the Optimus Prime and it fulfills a longed for desire. It is beastly/high-caliber with sound and versatility (This one plugin can allow you to get rid of many). I STRONGLY suggest trying the demo if one does not own it or just buy it cause it is a rare jewel. And i've honestly heard or seen nothing better than it on any ITB platform I've tried. Both plugins are special and really should be demo'd, it's DEFINITELY worth the time and i do believe most will love them.

Optimus Prime is not just another good plugin added to the SCOPE platform its the type of plugin that looks like one of the main attractions of the platform. It actually improves the platform and makes it more attractive in a noticeable way IMV. Another main selling point. What i'm trying to say is it would be one of the main reasons i'd buy into SCOPE if i was a new-customer and i usually don't think that highly for effects, only a VERY small handfull make me feel that way.

Congradulations Ray on the high accomplishments! I know you kept a smile on your face when developing these. I'm sure i'll keep a smile when using them. Awesome job!

EDITED
Mr Arkadin

Post by Mr Arkadin »

Agree on the Optimus Prime, worth the €99 alone, so with the Tape Echo as a bonus.

As to the Tape Echo, I'm a bit confused. The LED on the Filter section blinks at a constant rate. What is that indicating? Also when adjusting the Speed knob it moves the Filter knob a small amount each way. Is this correct behaviour?
dante

Post by dante »

dawman wrote:I saw the shipping bug too, but after careful consideration feel these prices are just too damned low.
Therefore I will buy mine after the sale, so Holger and Ray can get a little more for their under appreciated work.
Why wait ? Just buy each one seperately instead of in the sale bundle if u wanna pay full price.

I'm in the same boat, but it has to do more with payday rather than wealth distribution :lol: :lol:
garyb

Post by garyb »

there is a newer version of Optimus Prime up(v1.1)...
yayajohn

Post by yayajohn »

yeah that Optimus device is awesome. Really nice job on these Ray

Having fun with the Howl mode lol Lot of depth to it

https://soundcloud.com/yayajohn/optimusprimetest
dawman

Post by dawman »

garyb wrote:there is a newer version of Optimus Prime up(v1.1)...
Nice, Screenset Capability added.......... :wink:
SilverScoper

Post by SilverScoper »

how do you pay by credit card and not by Paypal ?
sunmachine

Post by sunmachine »

SilverScoper wrote:how do you pay by credit card and not by Paypal ?
IIRC you can enter your credit card information directly on the PayPal site in case you don't have a PayPal account.
dawman

Post by dawman »

Prime is a terrific AUX Delay..
It's really nice to slide up a fader on my BCF-2000 to get the delay then slap it back down w/o causing any degradation to the kick ass Lexicon Dub "tail" filtering itself out.
No more messing around with Modular for that effect when it is so well designed in a plug in now.
Works great as an insert too, but I like the external AUX method, then adjust the INV of the channels to get that perfect alignment.

Also sounds great to kick the Mod On during a tail just to add a Flange while listening to the tail fade out.
Great device Ray d J.
Must have took some time to make this..
RA

Post by RA »

Thanks for the appreciation and compliments on these new devices. Nice freaking @ the test yayajohn, always surprising to hear what other people do with it, gave me a big smile ;-)

Mr Arkadin, that led @ the filtersection just indicates the filter is enabled, forgot to mention that at the productpage on dnamusic.nl, so added that. Have fun with the plugs ;-)

Thanks fellow scopians for supporting dNa and Sonic Core with your purchase and your love for the platform.
- We're freaks about gearz and methods -
More on dNa: http://dnamusic.nl
Mr Arkadin

Post by Mr Arkadin »

OK. What about the interaction of the speed and filter knobs, what's that about?

Thanks for sticking with the platform, Optimus Prime is probably the most exciting device for Scope I've seen for a while.
dawman

Post by dawman »

Prime is the end to all Delays.
Now we apply BC Modular FX pre & post inside of a BC88/16 or 32.
We are beyond help at this point........
dante

Post by dante »

Where's the feedback knob ? Eg the number of repeats.
RA

Post by RA »

@Dante: The feedback amount can be regulated with recirculate.

And as Dawman pointed out....it's possible to link the faders by clicking on the small Led between the knobs above the faders.

This and more is described in the manual shipped with the plug, or can be downloaded on the dNaMusic.nl website.

Also nice, is to use two different filters, one hpf, the other lpf, and enabling xfb(crossfeedback), even nicer with different delaytimes....or keep them seperated which gives a nice stereo effect....get creative ;-)

Wholelotta options ;-) And be sure to check the series/parallel functions when using both delays ;-) See manual ;-)
- We're freaks about gearz and methods -
More on dNa: http://dnamusic.nl
dante

Post by dante »

Cool thanks. I do admit to only one quick scan of the PDF, your honors. Looks like its called 'ReCirculate' - I initially thought that was something to do with keeping the PC cool :P
irrelevance

Post by irrelevance »

Very nice devices RA thanks lots of creamy scope character.
Q: When I press the infinite/loops button on Optimus Prime it's toggling between HPF/LPF filters and muting Input A/B. I'm not hearing anything infinite?
dante

Post by dante »

What values are your recirculate sliders ?