ScopeSync public launch!

Planet Z Announcements

Moderators: valis, garyb

JoPo

Re: ScopeSync public launch!

Post by JoPo »

I'd like also to know why I can have a midi track for ScopeSync in the DAW ? Is there a way to assign midi cc to a ScopeSync knob ? Or just for the snapshots ?

Thanks ! And merry Christmas !!

I'm using more & more Scope sync especially with side chain input device like Black Box midi filter, you can have very very better result by modulating the cutoff frequency than by midi !
And I just discovered that Zarg Pro-wave has an 'ext' input (it is an audio input) which can be used as modulation source for some of its main parameters ! The modulation is as sweet as with its lfo !
Aah ! If all Scope devices had some side chain input assignable to its device parameters ! (Or several side chain input ! Even better !)
And I've found an easy way to convert a midi cc track into automation data in Cubase... (if anyone wants to know how, let me know)

:) So ScopeSync is becoming more & more essential to my way of making my music ! And it's really great ! :)
> > > > > > > > > > > > --- Musica --> here ! ---< < < < < < < < < < < <
w_ellis

Post by w_ellis »

JoPo wrote:If it can't work in Scope->Daw direction, I don't know what the modular audio output -> Daw asio input are for...? That is why I still believe it should work in both direction........ :-?
Check from 4:55 here: https://youtu.be/6eDtE70EtD0

In the current release, you can only send from Scope -> DAW using the Snapshot function. In the OSC-based version that we're working on, we have enabled full bi-directional support.
JoPo wrote:I'd like also to know why I can have a midi track for ScopeSync in the DAW ? Is there a way to assign midi cc to a ScopeSync knob ? Or just for the snapshots ?
At the moment, it's just to help keep the number of tracks in your DAW down, so it just passes the MIDI data through. We do have MIDI support on our issues list (https://github.com/bcmodular/scopesync/issues/38). Feel free to comment there if you have any specific requirements. We're hoping to be able to use Juce's MIDI support, rather than Scope's, which will allow us to access USB-MIDI controllers :)
JoPo wrote:So ScopeSync is becoming more & more essential to my way of making my music ! And it's really great !
That's great to hear, thanks! If you get a chance, please do post some examples of your work, as it will help others understand what they can achieve with ScopeSync
JoPo

Post by JoPo »

w_ellis wrote:In the OSC-based version that we're working on, we have enabled full bi-directional support.
This would be just fantastic !!

I'm using more & more the biggest BCmodular shell and build all different modular patches of the current project into it. I understand, now, why BC's MVC have setable midi channel : it allows me to use one big modular shell with different parts inside and each part its own midi channel.
w_ellis wrote:please do post some examples of your work, as it will help others understand what they can achieve with ScopeSync
Euh... For the moment, Scope sync allows me to modulate some parameters with a high resolution in modular or any side chained device, like Pro-Waves.

Midi timing issues are an old bad souvenir.

But I send modulation from Scope to VSTs, like increasing wah-wah modulation to a Rhodes VST on each note with an envelope. For the moment, I must use midi for that ; but if ScopeSync become bi-directionnal, I'll modulate that with much more resolution... And it will be much more sweet and accurate.
> > > > > > > > > > > > --- Musica --> here ! ---< < < < < < < < < < < <