ScopeSync public launch!

Planet Z Announcements

Moderators: valis, garyb

jksuperstar

Re: ScopeSync public launch!

Post by jksuperstar »

I am so glad this has arrived just *before* winter. Absolutely amazing work!!!
siriusbliss

Post by siriusbliss »

Progress!

G
t_tangent

Post by t_tangent »

Fantastic news Will. Congratulations to all those involved in the development of Scopesync, and many thanks for all your hard work and generosity sharing this with the rest of the Scope community. Great stuff :)
jhulk

Post by jhulk »

well done simon + wills/wife

this has been a great resource the vids are diamond and the concept is stella

hope to see you both in the new year for a beer

in bristol or london or where ever is the closest for us to get to gether
YISH313z

Post by YISH313z »

Wait what is this?
wouterz

Post by wouterz »

Very nice work! :)
dante

Post by dante »

YISH313z wrote:Wait what is this?
Good Question : Read all about it here :

http://www.hitfoundry.com/

ScopeSync on ScopeRise !

ScopeSync - as featured in a leader article to his months upcoming ScopeRise edition.

Just click on the ScopeSync pic to reveal all from these Modular and beyond gods.
David

Post by David »

Absolutely brilliant!
Excellent videos too
More..!

Thank you very much
FrancisHarmany

Post by FrancisHarmany »

This is amazing!!! Thank you so much.
JoPo

Post by JoPo »

I just start to try it. It works perfectly.

I already dream about a 32 stereo channel ScopeSync mixer ! :D
And all Scope devices ScopeSynced !

The timing and accuracy are perfect. Not like Scope midi timing which is far from perfection...

Really... Thanks a lot to w_ellis & his girlfriend, Shark and Roy ! You improved Scope like never !

Would it be easy, now, to modifie, for instance, STM mixer for giving it a ScopeSync input ? Or rather ScopeSync inputs (one for each fader / knob) ? For a gentle SDK user ? :D

Or, Would it be possible to make a device like midihost (http://forums.planetz.com/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=33333) but called "ScopeSyncHost" ? Of course, it must be difficult to assign a ScopeSync parameter to each device fader/knob...

- - - - - - Just dreaming awake ... It's not unpleasant ... - - - - - -
> > > > > > > > > > > > --- Musica --> here ! ---< < < < < < < < < < < <
w_ellis

Post by w_ellis »

It's possible to make a mixer now using ScopeSync, but there are some upcoming changes that will make it even better for complex devices like mixers. In particular, once we have support for OSC and built-in presets we'll be able to remove the 128 parameter limit (although most DAWs only allow a VST 128 automatable parameters). Also we're planning to add UI (User Interface ;)) support for VU Meters
w_ellis

Post by w_ellis »

P.S. sharc has built a prototype shell called BC2x2RP that taps into the right-click MIDI mapping in Scope modules, which might be worth having a play with. Give him a shout if you want more details.
Yogimeister

Post by Yogimeister »

Wow !!!

Sounds awesome !!!
(Amazing work)

I havent had a chance to dive into BCmodular yet (though I have a BCF) but it sounds fantastic and running stuff native is mire glitter on the icing on the cake ;)

Big Ups (!!!) and great to see the Scope platform evolving :)
JoPo

Post by JoPo »

w_ellis wrote:It's possible to make a mixer now using ScopeSync,
That's what I'm thinking about. With BC322416 shell, a 16 stereo channel is already makable... (Thanks for UI.. :D )

!!! Ooops !!! WHAT ?? :o
I try to understand your last post :
w_ellis wrote:sharc has built a prototype shell called BC2x2RP that taps into the right-click MIDI mapping in Scope modules
Do you mean the Scope midi mapping in ANY Scope device ???? :o

THIS WOULD BE A-MA-Z-IN-G !!
How would this be possible ?? Replace Scope midi mapping is not the same thing that building BCmodular modules !

I give him a shout right now !
dawman

Post by dawman »

BC2x2RP is also capable of Screensets making it a great time saver, and the the BCFX Shell is Screenset capable awesome.
Screensets from within any mixer, your choice of FX....

Sweetness.
JoPo

Post by JoPo »

dawman wrote:BC2x2RP is also capable of Screensets making it a great time saver
Please, Jimmy ! Explain how you achieve that !

Does those shells : http://www.bcmodular.co.uk/forum/viewto ... f=13&t=167 work with latest ScopeSync version ? Cause here, they don't.
dawman

Post by dawman »

I'm on the road, so I can't do a screenshot, but just drag and drop an already saved shell (Remade jhulk FX, etc.) into an effects insert of a mixer or an Aux slot, from any "tab" / menu-drop-down label above the project window.

Then click on it, place it anywhere for viewing. (I usually have a Scope ScreenSet named ASIO, where only the Live Bar shows, and the DAW window is sized to sit along side of the Live bar. Then just show the FX/Synth/BC2x2RP Shell + Live bar, all over the backdrop of the ASIO Host).
Name the Screenset BC Phaser, etc., then click off and on the little lock in the screenset viewer.
Now open other screensets to make sure it functions.
Sometimes I have to recall every screenset and then close the latest view, and resave the prior screensets. A small inconvenience to have every detail of your project available for viewing with a single mouse click.

I use these live and can make adjustments during the show.
Just another reason why Scope/XITE-1's will never be replaced by anything Native for some time to come.
JoPo

Post by JoPo »

Thanks a lot, Jimmy for those clarifications !

In fact, I know screen shot feature already, I don't use it very much..
I misunderstood your post... I wish so much to control any Scope device thanks to ScopeSync that I thought that's what you were doing ! :roll:

You said " but you can call screenshots via pc keyboard shortcut "alt+n°screenshot". I just had a try and shortcuts seems to not work here, on Xite ! Wouldn't it be better a shorcut on stage instead of a mouse clik ?
irrelevance

Post by irrelevance »

This is great stuff. Nice installer and video tuts. Big downside for me so far (if there has to be one?) is the initial set up time/calibration, + time investment to convert exsisting modular designs over to bc equivalents and I'm yet to get a truly satisfactory result, or at least anything that couldn't be achieved through quicker means in with scope and daw at this stage at least I appreciate this is probably just a case of working styles as I like to ptach small and quick patches. However the scope sync once set shows some great modular control potential.
JoPo wrote: I wish so much to control any Scope device thanks to ScopeSync that I thought that's what you were doing ! :roll:
Maybe I misunderstand your request but is there a need for scope sync with regular scope devices when the internal resolution of parameters when modulated even with midi sounds smooth (interpolated?) . Sample accuracy would definitely be welcome and bi-directional OSC would be my top wish for scope. Well it has been a dream of mine for some time to have a nice switchable bank of stereo scope filters with sample accurate daw sync and this seems to be right up scope sync/bc modular street so I will press on!
enantiodromia

Post by enantiodromia »

how do i use it in cubase?