http://www.innerclocksystems.com/new%20 ... itmus.html

Also, have we gone wildly OT here...
more has been done with less
https://soundcloud.com/at0m-studio
dawman

Re: ScopeSync public launch!

Post by dawman »

Awesome link.

Man Or Myth..........................at0m.

Best Wishes 2U and the Family.
JoPo

Post by JoPo »

With that kind of simple modular patch, we already can transmit automation data via audio input, then convert those data into midi data and link them to any Scope device midi input...
ScopeSync_midiCC.jpg
ScopeSync_midiCC.jpg (91.07 KiB) Viewed 5874 times
That is already excellent. But the USAMO box is an awesome idea : you have a vst instrument, that means totaly normal midi tracks (and automation tracks if one wants) for editing midi cc and no midi jitter ! :o
http://www.expert-sleepers.co.uk/usamo.html

I'd like to ask to ScopeSync team if it would be possible to make a ScopeSync vst instrument device ? As we already have the ScopeSync audio insert vst plugin And have a vst instrument in our DAW that send midi data (notes, midi cc, pitch, ...etc...) on several midi channels to Scope ! In that way, all our midi timing issues would become less boring.....? :)
> > > > > > > > > > > > --- Musica --> here ! ---< < < < < < < < < < < <
sharc

Post by sharc »

JoPo wrote:I'd like to ask to ScopeSync team if it would be possible to make a ScopeSync vst instrument device ?
I'm not sure if this is what you're looking for - https://github.com/bcmodular/scopesync/ ... _1_0_2.dll
w_ellis

Post by w_ellis »

Shhh... don't spoil the surprise sharc!

If you do want to use that one, make sure to pair it up with the latest Scope module from github too, as they talk over OSC, not audio now. I actually did some ScopeSync work over the weekend (not checked in to Github yet, as it's not fully working yet), so we're slowly nudging towards the OSC release (Black Star).

I've taken long enough over it that Juce has recently added full support for VST3, so hopefully that will be working better with the next version too.
JoPo

Post by JoPo »

Euh... I don't understand nothing as usual, sorry..
I just get we'll have a surprise !

I'll try that Scope dll tomorrow.. And get the newest Scopesync too.. And maybe, I'll understand some thing.. Thanks, anyway ! Looks like a vst instrument ! :D You're very fast ! :o
jksuperstar

Post by jksuperstar »

Jopo, know that the use of Audio was to overcome the MIDI disadvantages, and OSC is another way to get the job done (32bit control range, many available data change control messages, low latency) but additionally there is no need for use of ASIO channels or routing audio.
JoPo

Post by JoPo »

Thanks, JK !
I'm always late on those new protocols.. After some research, I found that : http://opensoundcontrol.org/introduction-osc and I guess it is what I read since some time but by wondering why people talk so much about OSCillator...! :lol:

But, as I don't know NOTHING about OSC, I'd like to know how to install it, use it ...etc... Apparently, OSC is a protocol for developers, so I imagine the .dll has been done with that protocol and that's why w_ellis (I forgot again his name, sorry !) tells me to use it with the latest ScopeSync for the .dll & ScopeSync to understand each other.. Am I right ?
Is the latest Scope module from github that one : https://github.com/bcmodular/scopesync/ ... r%20Module
If it is, I'm already ready !

Anyway.. I'm going to make some testing...
JoPo

Post by JoPo »

My first result on cubase 8 : First, I copy ScopeSyncVSTInst_1_0_2.dll in the 64bit plugin folder. But I didn't find it, in cubase, as vst instrument but as fx insert, like the other ScopeSync .dll. Then I noticed it's a 32bit file, so I cut/copied it in the 32bit folder but I get exactly the same result : cubase sees it like a insert fx.

I don't know if it helps, I don't know if it's the right forum to report that, maybe it would be better in BCmodular forum ?

Many thanks !
valis

Post by valis »

JoPo wrote:My first result on cubase 8 : First, I copy ScopeSyncVSTInst_1_0_2.dll in the 64bit plugin folder. But I didn't find it, in cubase, as vst instrument but as fx insert, like the other ScopeSync .dll. Then I noticed it's a 32bit file, so I cut/copied it in the 32bit folder but I get exactly the same result : cubase sees it like a insert fx.

I don't know if it helps, I don't know if it's the right forum to report that, maybe it would be better in BCmodular forum ?

Many thanks !
Probably use that forum, it's listed at the bottom of the site with 'for any questions'.

I hope it gains enough popularity to warrant its own area here though, it looks quite interesting and I'm curious to see what use I can make of this on my ancient Scope system...the only reason I haven't is I run my DAW on a second system (I use ramps+flexor sometimes for sample accurate sync to modular with my setup) and I use Logic+OSX or Ableton+OSX for those systems.
w_ellis

Post by w_ellis »

JoPo wrote:cubase sees it like a insert fx.
Simon and I will look into that as part of the testing for the upcoming ScopeSync release
JoPo

Post by JoPo »

Great ! I'm very impatient ! If it works like I imagine (see my post with the modular patch jpg), ScopeSync will definitely reach its "mature" state.. And I believe it should increase interest for every body using Scope !
This is fantastic, I hope SC follows your work closely and maybe integrate it in the mythical Scope 6...... Or later, but integrate ScopeSync in Scope......

Thanks a lot to all ScopeSync team ! :)
w_ellis

Post by w_ellis »

I'd be delighted for S|C to steal as much of the code and/or ideas from ScopeSync if they found it helpful. I've never seen it as a commercial project, just something for the community.

Having said that, I'm not sure whose soon is further in the future ;)
w_ellis

Post by w_ellis »

P.S. If only there was a genuinely portable version of the Xite, then I'd be able to do development on my commute. I'd only need 1 DSP for the stuff I'm doing!
JoPo

Post by JoPo »

Ah! Turn every day travel time into something interesting ! I must go to work by car : there is no train, bus or else. So I listen to audio books, scientific podcasts, etc... I must not waste that time ! One hour and half per day...
Of course, developing dsp system is a bit more complicated during commute..

If you achieve to better remote control Scope via OSC or anything else, improve midi jitter, timing by workaround, I think you have your place in S|C development team ! And the community won't forget such a feat ! :o

I'm really impressed by ScopeSync & BCmodular too. You're amazing ! :)
krass

Post by krass »

Have been getting into ScopeSync and BC Modular here lately, it's superb! I'm finally able to have the control I always wanted. Thanks so much for developing this!

Regards,

KrasS
valis

Post by valis »

w_ellis wrote:I'd be delighted for S|C to steal as much of the code and/or ideas from ScopeSync if they found it helpful. I've never seen it as a commercial project, just something for the community.

Having said that, I'm not sure whose soon is further in the future ;)
Do you have your work GPL'd? Apologies if I missed it and it's clearly noted somewhere :wink:
w_ellis

Post by w_ellis »

krass wrote:Have been getting into ScopeSync and BC Modular here lately, it's superb! I'm finally able to have the control I always wanted. Thanks so much for developing this!
Great to hear about people using the fruit of our labours! You never know, the new version might get released at some point too ;)
valis wrote:Do you have your work GPL'd? Apologies if I missed it and it's clearly noted somewhere :wink:
Where possible we'll use Creative Commons, or other less restrictive licencing (like MIT/BSD), but for the Juce-based stuff we need to use GPL. See here: https://github.com/bcmodular/scopesync/ ... ce/LICENSE
It's also shown during the installation process.
yayajohn

Post by yayajohn »

w_ellis wrote: You never know, the new version might get released at some point too ;)
yay!! :)
JoPo

Post by JoPo »

I'm realizing that Scope sync doen't work in both direction...? From DAW->Scope, no problem but in the opposit way, nothing. Nevertheless I think I setup everything correctly. Or maybe I missed something. I'd like to be sure it can or cannot work in both direction...

If it can't work in Scope->Daw direction, I don't know what the modular audio output -> Daw asio input are for...? That is why I still believe it should work in both direction........ :-?

In only one word : HELP !