ScopeRise #24 and Beyond

Planet Z Announcements

Moderators: valis, garyb

dante

ScopeRise #24 and Beyond

Post by dante »

After Issue #24, ScopeRise will go unscheduled. Instead of every 3 months, it will be just whenever enough articles are ready to make a new issue. The main reason for this is time (I need more of it to make music).

However, please keep article content coming, as its not the preparation of user content that's taking the majority of the time, its the research time for making new articles from scratch that is more time consuming.

By contributing, you can help bring the next issue a bit closer, so keep those good ideas and content coming ! I anticipate an Issue #25 by early 2015.

Now back to Issue #24 (coming in a few days). We have a follow up to Dawman's Solaris experience now 3 years down the track, lift the lid on the inspiration behind the HPM devices, reveal a weird technique for using VST mastering plugins, and check out a new SDK reference. Our beer boy Bud Weiser gives some points to look out for when shopping for master keyboards, we take a first look at the DAS AI Compressor and we revisit a couple of Scope classic items in the Luna IO box and the Room (surround) Reverb.
Issue #23 can be viewed here : http://www.hitfoundry.com

Also check out the re-organised master index here : http://www.hitfoundry.com/scope/ a more graphical way to browse or find ScopeRise articles.

SUBSCRIBE NOW, COZ YOU WONT GET THIS FROM YOUR NEWSAGENT (or iBooks) !!

...and its free ...
To subscribe send an email to scoperise@hitfoundry.com and simply put the word 'subscribe' in the subject of the email.
View ScopeRise latest issue at www.hitfoundry.com
garyb

Re: ScopeRise #24 and Beyond

Post by garyb »

thanks for doing this! it's interesting and even more, it's a fantastic archive/resource for the Scope community.
sunmachine

Post by sunmachine »

garyb wrote:thanks for doing this! it's interesting and even more, it's a fantastic archive/resource for the Scope community.
+1000000
dante

Post by dante »

thanks, I'm going to be spending a bit of time adding the latest tips from here to the various articles, and fixing up a few other thangs. Anyone see any omissions let me know.
yayajohn

Post by yayajohn »

+1 :) thanks dante. Hopefully you will get a bump in contributors to ease the load.
JoPo

Post by JoPo »

Thanks a lot for Scoperise, Dante ! It's a Scope knowledge mine !
Without Scoperise, I would be lost with a lot of devices such as SC-plate reverb & its sisters, RMX 160 and many other...

But yep ! Don't lose to much time and make music !
:)
> > > > > > > > > > > > --- Musica --> here ! ---< < < < < < < < < < < <
erminardi

Post by erminardi »

Thanks Dante, as said time ago your effort on this platform is very precious :)
What about a random issue every new article is done instead of waiting for the usual bunch of 8 articles?
You can always advise here in PlanetZ and every 8 new articles reached you can also advise via classic email newsletter, if this is the problem.
In this way could be everything more dynamic.
4PC + Scope 5.0 + no more Xite + 2xScope Pro + 6xPulsarII + 2xLunaII + SDK + a lot of devices (Flexor III & Solaris 4.1 etc.) + Plugiator.
dante

Post by dante »

Yes I'm thinking of prereleasing article by article to the master index, then the newsletter would just go every eight one as normal.

Something like that.

Good idea
erminardi

Post by erminardi »

dante wrote:Yes I'm thinking of prereleasing article by article to the master index, then the newsletter would just go every eight one as normal.

Something like that.

Good idea
Yes, less "latency" in this way... an ULLI Hitfoundry website! :lol:
4PC + Scope 5.0 + no more Xite + 2xScope Pro + 6xPulsarII + 2xLunaII + SDK + a lot of devices (Flexor III & Solaris 4.1 etc.) + Plugiator.
dante

Post by dante »

Yes, I have an idea brewing... Something like, for the first 2 - 3 weeks after release the latest issue cover page would be shown as per now.

But after that, a 4 column newspaper type layout would take its place at main URL, showing a newspaper like heading 'SCOPERISE' at top followed by the latest couple of articles, the oldest being replaced by the latest to come online.

People who wanted to see the latest would have to visit the page a bit regularly or main author could notify a new article here on PZ if it was about something they had done.

There could be a soundcloud bar of the month, you know, like dawman or group of light's latest, then the bottom 2 rows would be scrollable latest 2 issues like the current 8 across archive layout.

Doing this is a different way of working, because currently I may have only a couple of articles complete with 6 in progress, rushing the last 6 at or after proofread time.

It may mean that the pre-released articles are a bit raw and not proofread or entirely complete, until the end of the normal cycle. I and co-authors would have to take more care about typo errors etc at this pre-release 'showing' stage.
Yogimeister

Post by Yogimeister »

Cool. Thanx :)
dante

Post by dante »

I was thinking something like this....to fill the gap between releases..excuse typos - its a roughy...concept...etc...bla...
Attachments
ScopeRise ScopeRise Read all abowd iiiiit!!
ScopeRise ScopeRise Read all abowd iiiiit!!
scoperise-news.JPG (129.12 KiB) Viewed 5632 times
Last edited by dante on Thu Aug 14, 2014 2:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.
mausmuso

Post by mausmuso »

L'neato :D
dawman

Post by dawman »

Just got it........ nice.
I feel important and shit.
dawman

Post by dawman »

Like the latest one too.....

ANKyu
ronnie

Post by ronnie »

Thank you Dante and everyone who contributes and has contributed. This is a gem of a resource for all of us. I refer to it all the time and there is always something new to learn and try out. I want to add that this forum is unique among forums. I always feel like I'm hanging with old friends. Consider how many have been here faithfully for so long, most for well over a decade speaks for itself.
"I’ve come to the conclusion that synths are like potatoes, they’re no good raw—you’ve got to cook ‘em, and I cooked these sounds for months before I got them to the point where they sounded musical to me." Lyle Mays
tlaskows

Post by tlaskows »

Yep. Used your site when I was looking on how to make STDM cables :D

-Tom
faxinadu

Post by faxinadu »

thanks again for doing these, really amazing!
Scope, Android, Web, PC Plugins and Sounds:
http://www.oceanswift.net
Music
https://faxinadu.bandcamp.com/
dante

Post by dante »

ankyu all for your support. Hopefully more to come by years end...!
garyb

Post by garyb »

thank YOU Dante!