Planet Z Announcements

Moderators: valis, garyb

fra77x

Post by fra77x »

Last edited by fra77x on Fri Mar 28, 2014 6:25 am, edited 2 times in total.
neuromantik

Re: Scope SDK class 1

Post by neuromantik »

Will we be able to fix the sample modules in modular? If so count me in!! :) (I have yet to test your mod shells which fix the seq modules but if it's the case, I'll donate regardless if I take the class) ;)
fra77x

Post by fra77x »

What's the problem with the sampler modules in modular?
If you are talking about 64bit i'm currently working on it**. ( but it will take time)

In my 32 bit system they work fine.

**EDIT: To be specific i work on a new 64 bit sample oscillator not related with previous modules. For the standard modules and the STS samplers sonic-core is going to address the issue.
Last edited by fra77x on Wed Feb 05, 2014 3:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
neuromantik

Post by neuromantik »

Yes of course they work fine in my old pulsar rig using 5.0. I'm talking about Xite!! But if you are indeed working on them (sample pools and sequencers that is) know that I can show appreciation with my WALLET as I'm tired workarounds and x64 quirks and time is MONEY! :) In any case if you could provide any info here on your course, more like pre-requisites (reading material) and environments. (I'm on Xite).

Looks good anyhow, 10eur/hour seems more than fair... Hope it catches on :)
fra77x

Post by fra77x »

Thanks. Well here on xite 32 bit they work ok. (the sample drum oscillator - i haven't checked the sample oscillator).
(16 bit files by the way for 24-32 bit only the sts samplers will do)

Give me some more info so to to try to figure out what's the problem.

About the pre-requisites for my class. Well some experience in daws is definately needed. The class information can be used in any context. (vst etc) but scope users will feel more at their home. For beginners the last 2 days that cover kick bass design and sound design will appear like brain storming. (advanced level). The material of the 3rd day (surface design) can be used in any context. I will give some info on Photoshop/illustrator/3ds max use to implement graphics for scope or any other platform (c++ etc).
Last edited by fra77x on Wed Feb 05, 2014 3:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
petal

Post by petal »

I just wanna welcome this initiative to share your knowledge about the SCOPE SDK.

If only I had more time in this world.
jhulk

Post by jhulk »

john the problem is that the sample modules use a 32bit system and it is host as the samples are done via host memory

now on vsti you can use a rapper module that allows 32bit plugs to work with 64bit os but because there is no wrapper that is available for the scope system

now all it might need is a int64/in32 wrapper .dll so that the 32bit akai.dll could be accessed properly from a 64bit os
jhulk

Post by jhulk »

as audio in a 64bit os is still 32float as used in the 32bit os
sharc

Post by sharc »

There seems to be a number of issues with Sample OSCs in Scope/XITE x64. I've had varying feedback on this from BC Modular users using both the Sample OSCs and STS OSCs. Some users get garbled audio. For others the problem is more severe with everything from SFP crashing to a BSOD. Strangely though, there are some x64 users who have reported being able to use Sample OSCs without issues but are unable to use the STS Samplers and vice versa. All of this does make it a little bit difficult to track down exact symptoms as it seems as though OS config / SFP Samplerate settings could be possibly be causing a number of the issues.

Needless to say, like jhulk mentions there are dlls and if I'm not mistaken also vxds involved in Scope sample handling. I'm unsure which of these if any have been updated for Scope & XITE x64.
yayajohn

Post by yayajohn »

John; Just few questions about the class

-When are the classes starting and what time zone are you in? (Zulu/GMT please)

-I will need to see if the class is even an option with my sked and yours and time zone differences.

Hopefully

Dan
fra77x

Post by fra77x »

@yayajohn

please email me for the schedule of the class.

About the sample oscillators and the sts samplers at 64 bit, i think soniccore is working on the issue.

Do be clear, i work my own version of a sample oscillator for the x64 systems. No relation with the standard modules.
neuromantik

Post by neuromantik »

fra77x wrote:Do be clear, i work my own version of a sample oscillator for the x64 systems. No relation with the standard modules.
Even better!! :) About daw experience, I'm not a big cubase/logic/live user however I'm pretty handy with my SQ10, is that sufficient? :) I'm not really interested in XTC or any VST workflow integration, just tools for working with MIDI and squeezing modular patches into modules :) (Like in reaktor) I'll be emailing you shortly!
fra77x

Post by fra77x »

Thank you. Yes hardware sequencers are very cool. daw's i meant digital audio workstations.

Regards,
John :wink:
dawman

Post by dawman »

Looking forward to taking this class John.
It's been 7-8 years I have had my own Scope rigs, about time I actually learn them.

Cheerz.
fra77x

Post by fra77x »

Last edited by fra77x on Fri Mar 28, 2014 6:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Eanna

Re: Scope SDK class 1 & 2 (new)

Post by Eanna »

Hi John, did you save off the session from the first classes?
Could you look to performing the same for these upcoming classes?

I would be interested in purchasing these at some date in the future (when I'm not broke).

Thanks, Eanna
Not because it is easy, but because it is hard...
bosone

Post by bosone »

why not record them and offer them as a payd download video?
fra77x

Post by fra77x »

There is no substitute for real conversation. The conversation changes according to the people's experience and personal interests.
Why do you prefer to watch a video than joining a class? A video can't answer your questions.
And guys why do you insist telling what to do? I know that i can make a video but as you see i don't do that.
There are almost a million videos out there. You have all the time of your life in front of you to watch these. (and even more time)

And please don't post on that thread.
Eanna

Post by Eanna »

You make money on your initial investment, and the Scope community benefits.

No insistence here. Just a suggestion.
Not because it is easy, but because it is hard...
fra77x

Post by fra77x »

I have a video of me cooking biscuits, naked. I sell that for 500...