thanks to Sounddesigner...
dante

Re: Hans Zimmer wants you!!!

Post by dante »

Whoa ! Better buy some Spitfire samples then..... :lol:
hubird

Post by hubird »

Amazing to hear how subtil he mixes the lose sounds into the mix.
The female voice i.e. is just colouring a few breaklike points, but creating magic.
It's below any subtility level that I thought is usefull.
Category: you don't hear them, only when shutted off while listening.
respect.
nice he left the orchestra as one whole thing. That keeps things focused and bound to the original idea.

gentleman as he is it's also possible he wanted to leave room for the competitionars :)
great contributions by the way.
Eanna

Post by Eanna »

The same crew, "Bleeding Fingers", did the arrestingly-gorgeous music over the recent Red Bull ad:

https://soundcloud.com/bleeding-fingers ... -redbull-1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vA0nJ5QAh28

A tad more gripping than the "Red Bull gives you wings" cartoons methinks...
Not because it is easy, but because it is hard...
dante

Post by dante »

Cmon we can beat that. Anyone entering this comp using Scope, PM me if interested, so we can do a ScopeRise feature. Would be great if a 'Z' man won !
borg

Post by borg »

From Europe only Swedes and Germans allowed... Not that I would feel up to the task... :wink:
andy
the lunatics are in the hall
dawman

Post by dawman »

From the ZMan himself.

There are some countries that have laws that won't let us do it, legally... I think it's really unfair
...And my track is just to get the ball rolling...Write whatever YOU want to write!
-Hz
I can understand corporate information and technology, but any nation stifling musical competition must be lame. But then again, in nations where everyone is equal, with the exception of their elite ruling class, I can understand how this would go agasint the grain.

It's just so capitalistic and unfair, and what about the losers feelings, this will hurt many peoples feeling around the world. How cruel.
But then again imagine going to the ballet to see the Nutcracker Suites' politically correct version where a 230 pound lead dancer had to be used for the sake of fairness.
I could just imagine the sound of her leotards rubbing together as she moves across the stage.....

It would be an honor to be denied.
I hated losing auditions, but what a great motivational factor.

If this really devastates you, never too late for a career change.............Puto. :P
dante

Post by dante »

The opening sounds like Led Zep Kashmir - but I'm up to the challenge of using it to highlight just how good Scope can sound. 96 channel SSL's don't scare me :lol:

And I'm hoping some of you Solaris guys will make even better :D

Forest Frame drums with huge reverb was the soundtrack trend of '13 - Solaris and Modular for '14 !!
peksi

Post by peksi »

i will attend with a symphonic piece but i would really love to include modular and promote it if anyone would have some killer sounds for it. good free devices that you know of or your own creations you are willing to share. giving all the credits from the sound to the maker of course. hope someone has something :)

a good one to go would be a sweep with low end and a lot of depth such you see sampled in AEON kontakt instrument first demo song beginning. also strings, mattes/pads, whatever can experiment with anything.

i am 100% sure modular will outperform almost any synth others have in their pieces but my learning curve is still too far behind to create good sounds on my own (and in time). also i wont be back from my thailand holiday until 8.2. which gives me just 9 days to do it (or 9 nights since i have a daytime job).

also let it be said that i will not participate with a song i am not reallyhappy with. it has to be my best stuff :)
dante

Post by dante »

Why only 9 days ? Submissions go up to 19th Feb isn't it ?
peksi

Post by peksi »

dante wrote:Why only 9 days ? Submissions go up to 19th Feb isn't it ?
hmm right you are. i never thought i would be this bad at math. let's adjust that to eleven :)
dante

Post by dante »

Is anyone else going to enter ? Would like to feature your entries in ScopeRise. PM me if so
View ScopeRise latest issue at www.hitfoundry.com
peksi

Post by peksi »

i've made 2 symphonic entries to the competition and just today i finished a third one. a house song using XITE for all instruments excluding drums and fx. i will upload it to soundcloud compo page in the next few days.

the song has a very positive attiuide and i've not had such fun making a song for a long time! i named it "Finnish House Mobsters" :)

scope is just pure 100% dance energy when used properly.. those sounds shake my floor literally. i also used it in my other two entries in addition to sympohonic instruments.
dante

Post by dante »

Entries are closed now aren't they ?

Here's mine (comments welcome) :

https://soundcloud.com/hitfoundry/beyon ... r-bleeding

Post links for yours when done) - and Ill feature in ScopeRise
peksi

Post by peksi »

very good work dante!

here is mine, i decided to upload it now. nobody listens to it anyway so who would copy it :) this is called Finnish House Mobsters! :)

https://soundcloud.com/pekkakuronen/fin ... e-mobsters

edit: here are the others:

https://soundcloud.com/pekkakuronen/edg ... s-bleeding
https://soundcloud.com/pekkakuronen/fin ... ng-fingers

The latter one (Final Command) has a drop of my heart blood in it. It describes the fight of life that we all face, eventually lose but never ever give up. It has touched a bit more personal to me lately. Did not want to put that in soundcloud description though, not the best description to win a competition.
hubird

Post by hubird »

befor I say anything: great job you did, and respect for having it done.

Your version has some clubhit potention, or at least the approach is fishing for it, isn't it?
My guess is: the more filmic one's upload is, the more chance he or she has to 'win'.
But I could be wrong.
There are the orchestral samples, but it's also the way Zimmer used just the start of that female singer..
Only to ad some magic at important changes in the arrangement, I find that georgious.
But it could also be he wanted to leave the vocal part to the contributors.
We'll see :D
Good luck.

edit: BTW, Zimmer did the music of 12 Yearsa Slave, but you guys knew that already :)
peksi

Post by peksi »

hubird wrote:befor I say anything: great job you did, and respect for having it done.

Your version has some clubhit potention, or at least the approach is fishing for it, isn't it?
My guess is: the more filmic one's upload is, the more chance he or she has to 'win'.
But I could be wrong.
There are the orchestral samples, but it's also the way Zimmer used just the start of that female singer..
Only to ad some magic at important changes in the arrangement, I find that georgious.
thanks a lot. i have a little history with dance / trance music so the first one was something i wanted to do and decided to humour people with it.

maybe more cinematic approaches are preferred but somehow i just love not to be bound to any forms and just do whatever feels good. but you have some some of that electronic pop in the movies too.. who knows if the next superman movie has a house theme? ok maybe not.

but if i try to beat HZ in his field i will lose 10-0. better be different and do what feels natural to do, for self preservation :)
katano

Post by katano »

Pekka, love your entries, especially Final Command!
The House Version is also great fun, put your hands up! 8)

Cheers,
Roman
katano

Post by katano »

Just listened to some more stuff on your soundcloud. If I were you, i would turn my back on IT ;-)
Roland Kuit

Post by Roland Kuit »

@Peksi:
You don't need HZ, you can go straight to Hollywood! :)
Avant-electronic composer | synthesis research | lecturer
http://www.rolandkuit.com/