Planet Z Announcements

Moderators: valis, garyb

garyb

OK Guys, another sale...

Post by garyb »

dante

Re: OK Guys, another sale...

Post by dante »

Some great choices there ! A no brainer for all the 4.x guys who've been holding off as well.
Eanna

Post by Eanna »

That patchbay looks wonderful!!!
Not because it is easy, but because it is hard...
borg

Post by borg »

Fantastic! I have been ill in bed for a few days, and have been reading a lot about compressors, and convinced myself I needed some DAS compressors.

I could be wrong, but it seems these deals work out well for SC, and hope some (temporary) developers can be attracted to finish scope6 (or Parseq, if still alive, although I seriously doubt the need among scopers. Lots of dev time for maybe 50 sold copies?)

Anyway, hurray for scope! :)
andy
the lunatics are in the hall
hubird

Post by hubird »

Get well soon!

well, if support of OSX depends on Parseq...

It looks like S/C needs a new injection.

Adventages of these bailout adds:
- fast mony
- on the longer term, the more plugs peoplle use, the more DSP they need, the sooner they will make the step to
Exite-1.

Disadventages:
- who still wants to buy a plugin for the 'normal' price if he just has to wait for the next bailing out offer?
- and who buys anything if he has already everything?
it looks like they don't bother so much about that point.

You can only do that unpunished if something new is to come, like an updated Exite or...Parseq.

If support for OSX would be one of the results of Parseq, S/C would win a lot with that step alone:
better profile of the company, and a relatively huge potential of new users.

edit:
So far it looks like S/C doesn't invest in facelifting anything anymore in SFP.
For new users SFP filehandling, project name behaviour, preset handling or midi presentation will look old, primitive and not always logical anyway (but I'm still on v.4, so correct me if something has changed (not a single thing I think).

If it's about a new group of potential users: you can't get away with those things anymore these days.
Refresh colars, change some routines, sinc project name and save name (and get rid of that stupid text edit behaviour), show a Midi chart with all project settings listed, get rid of stupid warnings or useless suggestions, etc.

I don't no if Parseq is able to do a job here, best would be if S/C would do it by itself.
:)
dante

Post by dante »

hubird wrote:- and who buys anything if he has already everything?
You ask that and you're still on v4 ?
hubird

Post by hubird »

it's not about me :)
I'm stucked to OS9 anyway...
borg

Post by borg »

I'm not interested in Parseq at all. I'm way too deep invested in Ableton Live, certainly now as a Push user. I'm still waiting for Julian to finish Gizmo!!! :o :wink:

However cluncky scope may be (indeed hubird, most of the small annoyances still there), it's a great sounding platform, and relatively cheap... It's just that we/I expect too much sometimes, apparantly. The platform has 'all' the ingredients of a studio, including backline, we just can't expect it to be one. Indeed, you gotta work in steps, as you just can't use the DSPs to it's full potential, and fill 'm up to the limit. (Which annoys me). Maybe I'll get better at it, reading yet more and more (thanks john/fra77x and others).

I don't know what the future might bring, but what we have will work for quite a while. It is what it is, so I'll just try and be happy using it as an external fx/synth rack, just as it ever was when I too was having my PCI cards in the old G3 on os9. Except now it's in a (for this purpose) overspec'd PC.

It would be a very nice surprise to see OSX compatibility, but I gave up (although that's the main reason to have participated in most of the deals lately, as a mecenas. The devices I got were extra for me, because not really needed, and also to give the hardware some resale value, should I really get fed up with scope).

By the way, Gary, respect for your continuous efforts!
En bedankt Huub voor de gezondheidswensen! :)
andy
the lunatics are in the hall
emotive

Post by emotive »

So this special is effectively half price for Scope 5.1 (upgrade from any previous version)?

Edit: it started at 99 euro, then went to 117 euro but ended up at 200 euro on checkout.

Is this some kind of scam?
garyb

Post by garyb »

:-?

scam?
no. 99euro plus vat if you are in the EU=117euro

200 at checkout? something went wrong. pm me with your order details and i'll check up on what happened when i get in in the morning(i'm in the USA). if you were overcharged(there's a bug that charges shipping sometimes), i'll see that you get refunded the difference.
neuromantik

Post by neuromantik »

Before I jump the gun on a couple of these bundles, are there any I should be made aware of that run less powerful on Xite than on PCI cards? I still have my old PCI rig so I need to choose what serial number I will communicate when purchasing (in retrospect I probably would have chosen the PCI serial for the last zarg bundle)
igge1

Post by igge1 »

Nice! Now I don't have to fork out so much to get 5.1 for my new Pulsar 2! And Modular 4 as a bonus. Yay. Woohooo!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: 8) 8) 8)

Now I can finally throw away my 13 year old, dieing Luna 2 which has the 5.1 keyfile. Yiipee!!
Marco

Post by Marco »

I wish to Combine parts of the bundels new, if possible. because unfortainly I have already lots of devices. Dont want to buy a second time.

Is this possible - pm me
:wink: out and about for music production. Are you still configguring your Studio :lol: music first!
emotive

Post by emotive »

garyb wrote::-?

scam?
no. 99euro plus vat if you are in the EU=117euro

200 at checkout? something went wrong. pm me with your order details and i'll check up on what happened when i get in in the morning(i'm in the USA). if you were overcharged(there's a bug that charges shipping sometimes), i'll see that you get refunded the difference.
It was 200.84 euro actually.

It's not a good look for a prospective customer (I have 2 x 6DSP cards) so thanks for the offer but can you say if I buy this, I will be able to use Scope 6?

Cheers
David

Post by David »

Same problem(!) here Annabelle.
I'm after the G.O.S.T. harmonic bundle but already have Analyser and mattomat.
Does this interest you (or anyone?) and what bundles were you looking at, as mixing and matching might work this way if there isn't a sonic-core solution?

David
mexanik2002

Post by mexanik2002 »

Made and paid a bundle 10&11 but has not received an order confirmation and keys (
SONIC CORE online shop-OID:4493
David

Post by David »

keys are generated as fast as they can.
some days it takes longer than others.
GaryB on here can help you.
Patience
sunmachine

Post by sunmachine »

Pygmy Audio Farms wrote: I'm after the G.O.S.T. harmonic bundle but already have Analyser and mattomat.
The Harmonic Bundle normally costs 198 Euro, so you'll save 80 Euro!
That's quite cool in my opinion! I'd say go get it and be happy that you saved about 40% and have supported this great platform to keep it alive. :)
Just my 2 cents of course.
David

Post by David »

:D yep obviously.
However, it's interesting offer to those in the same situation, yes!
sunmachine

Post by sunmachine »

mexanik2002 wrote:Made and paid a bundle 10&11 but has not received an order confirmation and keys (
SONIC CORE online shop-OID:4493
Did you click on the "Return to Sonic Core Shop" link on the PayPal page?
I missed that step once and didn't get a confirmation email then...

Just ordered one of the bundles and all worked well by the way.