SDK Class No 1

Planet Z Announcements

Moderators: valis, garyb

fra77x

SDK Class No 1

Post by fra77x »

SDK class No 1 cancelled
Last edited by fra77x on Sat Jan 18, 2014 6:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dawman

Re: SDK Class No 1

Post by dawman »

I wish I could join but am a whiney broke boy.
Please tell me you'll make videos, so I can buy them when I have the time/money.
We are redistributing the wealth right now.

Or do this again after the tax man is paid.........roughly end of March.

Congradulations, as this is something desperately needed and long overdue.
jksuperstar

Post by jksuperstar »

SDK 5 or 6? I guess at this point the atoms probably haven't changed, except that SRAM atom....
Marco

Post by Marco »

do you come to germany, and speak deutsch? Siegburg? Heidelberg? I come :roll:
:wink: out and about for music production. Are you still configguring your Studio :lol: music first!
fra77x

Post by fra77x »

Last edited by fra77x on Sat Jan 18, 2014 6:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Marco

Post by Marco »

hi fraxx where do i have to go? Herunterfahren means driving down, or where is it down there where the class starts. France? Usa ? Netherland?
:wink: out and about for music production. Are you still configguring your Studio :lol: music first!
dante

Post by dante »

The class is on the internet - you have Skype ? It's free.
Marco

Post by Marco »

Great! The Internet is at home in Heidelberg :D

i can install skype
yayajohn

Post by yayajohn »

Sorry John, It sounds like a great class and much needed here. I wish I had the slot of time open but alas. Darn near impossible scheduling anything these days.

regards

Dan
fra77x

Post by fra77x »

..cancelled
Last edited by fra77x on Sat Jan 18, 2014 6:51 pm, edited 4 times in total.
jksuperstar

Post by jksuperstar »

Oh, what time is the class offered (and which time zone)?

This looks very interesting, and hopefully I can attend. Having videos while you teach the class would be nice as a backup!
RP_001

Post by RP_001 »

Very interesting. I would definately sign up for a series of videos. Unfortunately Im not at home the first weekend of february.
fra77x

Post by fra77x »

Hi guys and thank you very much for the interest.

Well i'm thinking about that matter with the videos and i'm confused.
Because if i create the presentation in a video form, it will be easily available, and my personal way of working will be public. I have no problem with that, i like sharing my knowledge, but how much of it? Would you share your best secrets with anyone? Something that took you thousand hours of working?
My original thought was to find a group of people that would like to offer me some fee so i'll have a benefit, and then i would share with them my experience. They will be few people and the most probable they will keep that info for themselves.
If i make the material in a more public form, then i'll have to compromise, keep a lot of my actual working secret and create a more general info document. But that defeats the whole scenario. I'm not interested to do something like that. I have interest to share with a group of people my skills (which i use in my music now and tomorrow) to have a personal benefit for that and that’s all. I consider my sdk knowledge that it has a value. I'm not a company. I'm an individual.

Because now of the physical form of the presentation, anyone of the students could make that video by grabbing the screen. So i' m confused how to secure my intellectual property. And the worst is that i'm thinking cancelling the whole attempt because as i see most of the people are looking for video tutorials just to get in touch with the sdk but my purpose is totally different.

There are hundreds of video tutorials online for free. Synthesis, production almost anything. My class is not that kind of stuff.
Scope SDK is not Live. It's for serious people.

Sincerely,
John Amolochitis
dante

Post by dante »

I think its a risk you have to take - like Assafs synth school - I didn't attend that but I'm assuming any of the attendees could have screen captured it.

Maybe you could ask Assaf thoughts since he has been through it.

There's no way I know of avoiding that - even if you had a live school in a hall people can cam it.
Marco

Post by Marco »

hey, why dont you make a Video and sell it. I would buy it

I have an a account to www mixing tutorial de, best video school, just a view euros zo pay for the account but super videos. I love the concept you make thw video once and get payed for years! Selfrunning moneymaker machine.

You are a programmer? Should be no problem for you.
garyb

Post by garyb »

just a suggestion...
teach the basic stuff and use a screen cap program to make videos that you can sell to those who cannot attend the live event. then, do the more advanced techniques only for those who attend the live event...
Marco

Post by Marco »

fra77x

Post by fra77x »

Thanks guys and ladies for the suggestions.
Unfortunately I don't have time, interest or the necessity to do something like that.
I believe in the more traditional way of things, ie. the learner has the need, the tutor has the good will.

Sorry for disturbing the forum with that immature plan of me

Best Regards
David

Post by David »

Anytime any offer of insights into SDK, modular and all or any are available
I'll be a hungry fee paying student
I hope this idea doesn't disappear as any tuition on this platform is greatly welcomed
Wishing' an' a prayin'

David
dante

Post by dante »

fra77x wrote:Sorry for disturbing the forum with that immature plan of me
C'mon John no one suggested it was immature.

Seems to me the fixed timetable is the issue.

Maybe raise a poll, how many users would pay, how much and in what format / timetables. Could be some would pay for private one on one, on the lot or just parts they specifically want to know, like help building custom device they might want (eg soren's synths for starters).

At least then you'd have the market research in front of you before deciding a single approach. And you'd at least get a more accurate indication about time vs return.

I don't use SDK but I could help spread the word with Scoperise if you decided to go ahead, at least a one page mail out like we did for the dNa last month.

P.S. Another idea: Bundle any original good devices made from tutorial and sell, and/or use as giveaway incentive for next lot of students.
Last edited by dante on Sun Jan 19, 2014 12:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.