Scope NSA Offer 2: All Zarg synths (Solaris, Quantum Wave..)

Planet Z Announcements

Moderators: valis, garyb

yayajohn

Re: Scope NSA Offer 2: All Zarg synths (Solaris, Quantum Wav

Post by yayajohn »

One thing to note for all the Zarg newbies: The RDII inserts on the devices are also compatible with the Space_F Blackbox modules which combining the 2 collections gives you........well more possiblilites than I could go thru in a year or two lol.
Enjoy!
yayajohn

Post by yayajohn »

Mr Arkadin wrote:When you load Orion Custom into Scope and open the GUI it has v3.0 written on it, so the custom-sc file is the one I used and seems to be the latest too. The ftp site could do with a bit of reorganising to make it simpler.

Hmmm, ok well the screenshot of the Orion on the Zarg website also says 3.0 and I noticed some subtle differences like the _sc version doesn't have a X-Delay bypass button?
Mr Arkadin

Post by Mr Arkadin »

Here's my screenshot I just took a minute ago:
Orion crop.JPG
Orion crop.JPG (98.78 KiB) Viewed 4455 times
yayajohn

Post by yayajohn »

yes that's the one I have as well
yayajohn

Post by yayajohn »

yayajohn wrote:
Eanna wrote:Looks great.

Here's a how to..
http://www.hitfoundry.com/issue_10/pro_modu.htm
I believe this is incorrect on the ScopeRise website. It should be the Pro-Wave Modularv1_2.mdl not the .dev
(I loaded the .dev and it didn't show up in modular)

On the download file it is located in the \Scope\App\Application folder and I copied it to one of my modular modules folders.

Dante can you confirm and update that?

Dan

Also i noticed there are 4 other modules in that same "Application" folder that are meant to be used with the Pro-Wave Modular according to the manual. I moved them all into a folder in the modular modules. (i'm not sure if they are all supposed to be in the "Application" folder within the "App" folder but that was the only way I could find them within a mod shell)
bob4u

Post by bob4u »

ShogunSpy wrote:FYI
John Bowen informed me that it's not possible to use the Red Dwarf with out the RD modules. So they will be included in the deal and he will send them to Sonic Core!. A legend and seems like a real nice guy ..support him!
I have just written to SC support and now I have read your post. :-)
Hope to get RD modules soon !
jhulk

Post by jhulk »

as seeing these modules can only be used for people with keys for there cards

then i have put the download on my server to stop people bothering john bowen or sonic core for them

https://www.dropbox.com/s/v1lbovdhy6fl2 ... odules.zip

i have let john know i have done this for the community
dawman

Post by dawman »

Brotha Man YaYa...

You need to install the ProWave Modular into a Modular shell.
This means you go to Modular Modules, and notice the folders you have there.
Not sure how you have the folders arranged by I do mine by the developer.

But if you have a regular folder tree of LFOs, Osc, etc.
Just make anothe new folder and name it Zarg or Bowen, then stick PWave Modular there.

Now close and re open Scope again, load an emptyu Modular 2 x 4 or 8 x 8 shell, go to the Bowen/Zarg folder and do and click on the name, then make sure to drag and drop.
yayajohn

Post by yayajohn »

dawman wrote:Brotha Man YaYa...

You need to install the ProWave Modular into a Modular shell.
This means you go to Modular Modules, and notice the folders you have there.
Not sure how you have the folders arranged by I do mine by the developer.

But if you have a regular folder tree of LFOs, Osc, etc.
Just make anothe new folder and name it Zarg or Bowen, then stick PWave Modular there.

Now close and re open Scope again, load an emptyu Modular 2 x 4 or 8 x 8 shell, go to the Bowen/Zarg folder and do and click on the name, then make sure to drag and drop.
JV thanks. Yes I have already done that, I named my folder "synths" and put the Pro-Wave alongside the B2003 and Pro5 modular versions that djmicron altered for us.
That post was for the benefit of others who may not have noticed the .mdl files in the "application" folder in the .zip from the SC site when they were installing. (I'm really not sure why they were placed in the application folder in the first place)
Sorry if i was not clear. There are 2 versions of the Pro-Wave in the download, a .dev which works standalone in the scope environment and a .mdl which works in a modular shell and has to be copied to your modular modules folder(or a sub-folder within)
jhulk

Post by jhulk »

john bowen said it is alright to host the rdII modules and that he is going to go through all hiss flexor rdII modules and i can host them as well for the community

https://www.dropbox.com/s/v1lbovdhy6fl2 ... odules.zip

so here is the link again

and ill update with the flexor when john sends them me
Eanna

Post by Eanna »

Thank you jhulk, they worked great last night.

Have to figure out how to use BlackBox modules in RD, and RD modules in BlackBox synths, since the lookup path in RD appears to look under Effects, but BlackBox modules appear to search in Plugins? I did see mention that the Zarg synths have configurable Lookup Paths for RD Modules - I may be able to point them to the BlackBox root dir. I'll have a proper look tonight.

And indeed yaya, it's the .mdl files that need to be put under Modular Modules dir, since mdl is a recompilation of the ProWave device, exposing its I/O as Modular connectors.
Dante, it's probably worth correcting your ProWave article.

Now that I have a nice pre-routed synth in place in Modular, it opens the door on the beginnings of my Modular adventures. Very interested jksuperstar in your idea for using your Bass as a 'oscillator' for Modular... Will you be doing a frequency-to-voltage conversion on the audio from your bass? (does such a f/v module exist? think only Flexor has one?). Also opens the door to the whole Silent Way business... And since I have a couple of CV/Gate-ready hardware synths, the magic hybrid may be possible.......

These Zarg synths are absolutely superb btw. Never before have I been so impressed with the extent of any set of synths. You could (and I will!) lose hours of your life designing uber patches...
Not because it is easy, but because it is hard...
Mr Arkadin

Post by Mr Arkadin »

Eanna wrote:Have to figure out how to use BlackBox modules in RD, and RD modules in BlackBox synths, since the lookup path in RD appears to look under Effects, but BlackBox modules appear to search in Plugins?
No, it's much simpler than that. All that's happening is that BBII looks at Effects>Mono and Zarg synths look at Effects>Stereo. The easy fix (although I haven't tested it yet) would be to just copy the RD modules to the Mono folder and BBII will see them.
garyb

Post by garyb »

i bet that works for many modules...
Eanna

Post by Eanna »

Thanks, but I imagine that it'd have to be a Move and not a Copy, as BlackBox would see duplicate .dev files in the lookup?

I'll give it a shot, won't be til alot later today..

EDIT: I see what you mean - if they are indeed looking at different lookup paths, then a Copy would be appropriate. I'll try it later today, will update here.
Last edited by Eanna on Mon Sep 23, 2013 9:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Not because it is easy, but because it is hard...
irrelevance

Post by irrelevance »

Even more confusing is since scope 5 there is now an additional folder for modular modules...but now now i digress...

Look forward to the rd flexor modules 8) Was suprised to find wolf's claplab in the mix as it seems this was never mentioned although John did hint at 3rd party plugin support for the rd drum concept here on Z.

Has anyone tried/had success with loading rd drum modules into solaris rd slots? Using a gated module, then a modular insert I can get the drums to sound but the retriggering is not consistent. Standard rd oscillators play fine btw.
Bud Weiser

Post by Bud Weiser »

yayajohn wrote:Got the keys. Thanks Gary
Got my keys too and it was lightning fast even I messed up my order !

Gary B. is "da man",- SCOPE world unimaginable without him ...

thx a lot Gary !

Bud
borg

Post by borg »

yay, just got two keys for xite and pci! too good a deal...

now, with the scope bundle action of last year, NSA1, 2x NSA2, MasterIT, I hope SC can spend a few man hours on scope6 and possibly OSX support. I don't want to sound like a saint, but I didn't really need these plugs, but really glad to have them now. I foolishly believe scope is good to me, and want to sustain the platform.

Also thanks to John Bowen, I guess, as he surely must have given SC the green light first, to have such a ridiculous action!

I can't find my RD Drum keys though... the only Zarg plug I have been on the fence for for years...
Anyway, the nightly hours I just had with these synths were already very rewarding, 25% of the investment returned in good times! :)
andy
the lunatics are in the hall
garyb

Post by garyb »

no RD drum key needed...
jhulk

Post by jhulk »

yes no rd drum key needed
as i found out when in stalling and it worked

i contacted gary and he sent me a smiley