35 Waldorf Rack Attack kits STS, EXB, SFZ, Ableton & Kontakt

Planet Z Announcements

Moderators: valis, garyb

Shroomz~>

35 Waldorf Rack Attack kits STS, EXB, SFZ, Ableton & Kontakt

Post by Shroomz~> »

Hi folks,

I recently sampled 35 drum kits from the wonderful Waldorf Rack Attack drum synth and decided to share them for others to use freely.

The 35 kits contain almost 650 Rack Attack drum samples in WAV, STS, SFZ & Ableton formats which you'll find available to download here -

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/5cmk2g9wmv0jmra/HP3UYPbDCx

EDIT: There is now also a download in that dropbox folder for the new Rack Attack Kontakt instruments made by Chris Werner, thanks Chris!

EDIT 2: Sharc has converted the drum kits to E-MU Emulator X format and made a bank file (.exb) which lets you load the kits into Emulator X, Proteus X & Proteus VX. The .exb bank is available in the dropbox folder along with the other downloads. The Proteus VX software is free and can be downloaded from the E-MU section of the Creative site here - http://www.creative.com/emu/proteusvx/

The STS download is separate from the others and is a zip file called "STSRackAttack". It contains 35 folders, one for each kit & each folder contains the .sts file and corresponding samples for that kit.

The "RackAttack4Ableton" download contains the same set of kits & samples, but obviously the samples are in a different stereo format. The download also contains a set of 35 Ableton Sampler presets which correspond to the kits.

For RackAttack4Ableton installation, please download, read in full and follow the instructions in this README file - https://www.dropbox.com/s/o3r4ou0zps5tv ... README.rtf

Basic installation for use in the Ableton Sampler:
1. Unpack the zip file.
2. Put the "Waldorf Rack Attack" folder into your Ableton\Library\Presets\Instruments\Sampler folder.
3. Put the "RackAttack2" folder into your Ableton\Library\Samples\Waveforms folder.
4. Start up Ableton and load any of the Rack Attack drum kits from the Sampler presets folder.
5. Adjust sampler settings to taste.
6. Proceed to make music.

Note: The inclusion of the .sfz format files allows you to convert the kits to other formats such as Akai, Emu and many others if you have a good sample converter.

The samples are recorded via Scope from a Waldorf Rack Attack hardware unit. Please consider them the property of Waldorf and support Waldorf hardware and software products.

License: These samples are free to use in your music, even commercial music, but the samples are NOT to be re-distributed as if they were your own sample packs or sold commercially in/as sample packs of any form. Thanks.
Last edited by Shroomz~> on Sun Jul 14, 2013 11:44 am, edited 3 times in total.
garyb

Re: 35 Waldorf Rack Attack kits - WAV, STS, SFZ & Ableton fo

Post by garyb »

wow!
Roland Kuit

Post by Roland Kuit »

Thanks man!
Avant-electronic composer | synthesis research | lecturer
http://www.rolandkuit.com/
irrelevance

Post by irrelevance »

Thanks shroomz! What a great share 8)
hubird

Post by hubird »

thanks for that one!
amazing!
you never can have enough samples, and what I checked already says character.
Thanks a lot, respect for the completeness of the job and the pro information.
For only WAV use I need to organize a copy with only WAVs, will check them out then deeper :-)
ShogunSpy

Post by ShogunSpy »

Thanks Shroomz!!
dawman

Post by dawman »

I am going to check these babys out now.....

Thanks Shroomz
Shroomz~>

Post by Shroomz~> »

hubird wrote:For only WAV use I need to organize a copy with only WAVs, will check them out then deeper :-)
Best bet for pure WAV file use is to use the stereo interleaved wav samples in the Ableton pack. You have 35 kit folders with each folder containing the wav samples for that kit + the associated "Ableton Live clip settings" file for each sample. Just delete the Ab Live clip settings files from each folder and you're left with the pure wav files and nothing else.

Unfortunately, it won't be easy initially to home in on the particular type of sounds you want because I didn't name the samples kick, snare, open hi hat etc etc. The samples were simply numbered when they were recorded (using key # & velocity value logic IIRC).

It also became apparent to me that it didn't make sense to re-name them to have sound type names like kick, snare etc because there's a LOT of samples which one man would like to call one thing and another man would like to call another thing, so it made sense to not spend many more hours deciding on names and naming them all.

The hard work is done recording and editing all the samples then making them into STS & Ableton kits, giving the samples names of your choosing is the easy (and arguably fun?) part. 8)
hubird

Post by hubird »

that's ok, I figure it out :-)
53E7

Post by 53E7 »

THANK YOU! Wow these are nice kits. It's SOOOO nice to have them mapped in Ableton's Sampler. It's like getting a free Live Pack.
ChrisWerner

Post by ChrisWerner »

Thank you.

I love the Attack and mapped them to Kontakt instruments.
Each bank as a single instrument.

I've add the transient master, SSL G-EQ and the new Feedback Comp as inserts but only the Comp affects the instruments in this actual state, but I thought its good to have the transient master and an EQ in place already.

Each Bank/Instrument has the stock drum computer script from Kontakt loaded, its range goes from C-0 to B-0, the single sounds starts above the drum computer C-1.

Bank 33 got a alternative Bank from me, w/ some effects and two extra scripts to jam around.

You have to place the original samples to each bank/folder, a folder for the samples are reserved already and I kept the original filenames.

I hope this reply is useful for some people.

cheers
RackAttack-Kontakt.rar
(1.17 MiB) Downloaded 307 times

You'll need the latest release of Kontakt.
dawman

Post by dawman »

Thanks for the Kontakt maps and scripts.
Very cool collaboration of sounds.
Liquid EDGE

Post by Liquid EDGE »

Nice one man. Will be loading up the sts next time I'm at the studio. :)
Shroomz~>

Post by Shroomz~> »

ChrisWerner wrote:Thank you.

I love the Attack and mapped them to Kontakt instruments.
Each bank as a single instrument.

I've add the transient master, SSL G-EQ and the new Feedback Comp as inserts but only the Comp affects the instruments in this actual state, but I thought its good to have the transient master and an EQ in place already.

Each Bank/Instrument has the stock drum computer script from Kontakt loaded, its range goes from C-0 to B-0, the single sounds starts above the drum computer C-1.

Bank 33 got a alternative Bank from me, w/ some effects and two extra scripts to jam around.

You have to place the original samples to each bank/folder, a folder for the samples are reserved already and I kept the original filenames.

I hope this reply is useful for some people.

cheers
RackAttack-Kontakt.rar

You'll need the latest release of Kontakt.
I don't know when I'll get a chance to check them Chris because I don't have Kontakt at the moment, but thanks a lot man, that's really cool!!

Is it ok with you if I distribute your Kontact patches along with the others? Maybe add your name to the file name or a readme or something? PM me if you want to talk about it mate & thanks again!
hubird

Post by hubird »

yeah, great contribution to Shroomz' already generous offer, Chris!
I will use them that way :-) :-)
dawman

Post by dawman »

Shroomz, CW told me it was OK 4 U 2 Do That.........
ChrisWerner

Post by ChrisWerner »

dawman wrote:Shroomz, CW told me it was OK 4 U 2 Do That.........
Really, I knew we are beyond old communications w/ words or something, there is a spiritual connection 8)

Sure Shroomz, spread it and don't bother about putting my name somewhere, it's in the instrument patches already ;-)
Shroomz~>

Re: 35 Waldorf Rack Attack kits WAV, STS, SFZ, Ableton & Kon

Post by Shroomz~> »

Ok, thanks Chris. I edited the thread title to include "Kontakt", added a little text in the OP and also added your Kontakt instruments to the Rack Attack dropbox folder.
faxinadu

Re: 35 Waldorf Rack Attack kits WAV, STS, SFZ, Ableton & Kon

Post by faxinadu »

thanks a lot!
Scope, Android, Web, PC Plugins and Sounds:
http://www.oceanswift.net
Music
https://faxinadu.bandcamp.com/
Shroomz~>

Re: 35 Waldorf Rack Attack kits STS, EXB, SFZ, Ableton & Kon

Post by Shroomz~> »

Another update for you folks,

Sharc has converted the drum kits to E-MU Emulator X format and made a bank file (.exb) which lets you load the kits into Emulator X, Proteus X & Proteus VX. The .exb bank is available in the dropbox folder along with the other downloads. The Proteus VX software is free and can be downloaded from the E-MU section of the Creative site here - http://www.creative.com/emu/proteusvx/