NAMM 2013

Planet Z Announcements

Moderators: valis, garyb

wouterz

Re: NAMM 2013

Post by wouterz »

I did not take those pictures by the way. I did not go to NAMM but watched a lot of movies on SonicState.com, they have an excellent NAMM coverage every year.
Liquid EDGE

Post by Liquid EDGE »

So. What is actually the latest with sonic core?

From what I see is this.

Scope 6 continues, sdk 6 continues,

New dna plug ins for the platform.
siriusbliss

Post by siriusbliss »

Liquid EDGE wrote:So. What is actually the latest with sonic core?

From what I see is this.

Scope 6 continues, sdk 6 continues,

New dna plug ins for the platform.
Scope 6 I presume released sometime this year...maybe along with the SDK.
Maybe even Parseq released.
More developers coming on board.

All good things come in time :)

G
petal

Post by petal »

Or maybe in this case, all things come in good time...

;)
jksuperstar

Post by jksuperstar »

I thought it was inferred that the new Analyzer was made in SDK 6. Maybe I'm crazy. but if it's true, than the SDK is ahead of SCOPE 6 release...which is necessary I guess, in order for new plugins to accompany the arrival of SCOPE 6, as well as convert/improve the existing devices.
dante

Post by dante »

Could be Analyzer was made in upcoming SDK. SDK would still be subject to modifications to keep up with underlying Scope engine as it gets developed so couldn't be called complete until scope6 itself is called complete.
garyb

Post by garyb »

yes, analyzer and mattomat are from sdk6.
dante

Post by dante »

And presumably the DnA compressor as well. At least part of it, as some of these 3rd parties tend to code direct and / or mix with SDK code.
garyb

Post by garyb »

yes, sdk6.
dawman

Post by dawman »

They should release it with a bunch of bugs like everyone else does, then rake in the cash and use the ROI to finish so they can break even...
siriusbliss

Post by siriusbliss »

dawman wrote:They should release it with a bunch of bugs like everyone else does, then rake in the cash and use the ROI to finish so they can break even...
yeah, dammit!
What's their problem!
:lol: :P

G
hubird

Post by hubird »

I would be pleased with a premature OSX version :D
YiannisK

Post by YiannisK »

Just keep s/c alive.
You don't know what you have until it's gone. :wink:

Great news s/c
Keep it going.
Love copperlan too!
Bud Weiser

Post by Bud Weiser »

siriusbliss wrote:
dawman wrote:They should release it with a bunch of bugs like everyone else does, then rake in the cash and use the ROI to finish so they can break even...
yeah, dammit!
What's their problem!
:lol: :P

G
Maybe they finish more for Musikmesse which is more important than NAMM was.
We need patience ...
Good to see there´s progress even it´s slow.

Bud
garyb

Post by garyb »

there's no "team" working on v6, it's mainly the excellent Julian. Julian also needs to do other jobs that actually bring in money now, so that he and others in S|C can eat. if you want it faster, that can be done with a lot more money and several more programmers. to do that, you need a long term plan.

does S|C have a viable long term plan?
yes, of course. do you really think the people who made Scope and XITE(not the folks who owned Scope before, the one's who made it) are just sitting around picking their butts?

can you be told about it?
of course not! much of this plan involves third party work for other, known companies(which is why there's money there). loose lips sink ships. there are NDAs and corporate secrets, which if they come out might crush any potential deal.

the internet world is a fantasy world. speculation is not the same as knowledge. isn't it great that Scope exists? isn't anything more that it becomes just extra goodness? is how old or new something is more important than how it works or what it does? is what Scope does less important than what it doesn't?

personally, imo, it's great! anything more is just great upon great! i don't care if it's new or not, i care what it does and how it sounds. what Scope doesn't do is unimportant compared to what it does. your mileage may vary. :)
Liquid EDGE

Post by Liquid EDGE »

I completely agree with you garyb. Scope and Xite-1 is bloody awesome.

It really is a fantastic system already even with the few bugs it has which probably accounts for 2% of whats on offer from the whole system (namely the sequencer issues....pattern seq, mds8 modular bug. sb404 sequencer bug, Solaris sequencer bug) Thank god for Mattomat hey. :)
But apart from that 1 core bug, what it does do is far above anything else on the market for quality and use, it's an almost unlimited system.

Basically, anything i can think of can be done. I pretty much fall in love with it every time i use it.
buzzr

Post by buzzr »

Expect many great things to happen with this platform. I for one am sticking with it even though I'm moving on to other platforms as well..
dante

Post by dante »

wouterz wrote:Here are some more pictures:

http://icon.jp/archives/4632
I ran google translate over the Chinese text from that link; Heres the output :

"Especially not the announcement regarding the official release is awaited Scope 6, was about plug-in "CompANY-XT" newly developed developer news is that dNa. So often speak for every exhibition, according to Mr. Alexander Zieke's Sonic Core has become a familiar face, that of Scope 6 it is not a stage to announce a release date yet. It was enough to want to release the summer if possible. According to Mr. Alexander, now Sonic Core's staff is as follows: 10 people, it seems to be very good.

Hardware implementation of Scope, which was announced last year, is a feature of much attention. This feature is something that you can export chip called GMI of options, the DSP code written in the Scope. This allows the user to produce (DSP outboard) enables the original DSP synthesizer. DSP synthesizer also "Solaris" This time of John Bowen, was exhibited at the side of the company Sonic Core, is likely to have been produced by this function.
Each time, Sonic Core booth at the NAMM Show is country band you're playing is a mystery ... Anyway. Is it a hobby would distributors in North America. Use a mixer to comparatively Scope, country bands playing all day long because, it is impossible to check properly the product of interest is not gathered at all I was sorry."
tgstgs

Post by tgstgs »

this looks like english but do you realy understand this ??

google makes german out of it;
Ich lief google über den chinesischen Text aus dieser Verbindung zu übersetzen; Heres die Ausgabe: "Vor allem nicht die Ankündigung in Bezug auf die offizielle Veröffentlichung gewartet Scope 6 war zu Plug-in" Unternehmens-XT "neu entwickelte Entwickler Nachricht, dass DNA so oft. sprechen für jede Ausstellung, nach Herrn Alexander Zieke die Sonic Core hat sich zu einem bekannten Gesicht, dass der Scope 6 ist es nicht eine Bühne, ein Release-Datum noch bekannt geben. Es war genug, zu wollen, lassen Sie den Sommer, wenn möglich. Laut Herrn . Alexander, jetzt Sonic Core-Mitarbeiter ist wie folgt: 10 Personen, so scheint es sehr gut sein. Hardware Implementierung von Scope, welches im vergangenen Jahr angekündigt wurde, ist ein Merkmal der viel Aufmerksamkeit Diese Funktion ist etwas, dass Sie Chip namens GMI exportieren. von Optionen, die DSP-Code in dem Geltungsbereich geschrieben. Dies ermöglicht dem Benutzer, um (DSP Außenbord) ermöglicht die ursprüngliche DSP Synthesizer. DSP Synthesizer auch "Solaris" Diesmal von John Bowen, wurde an der Seite der Firma Sonic Core ausgestellt wird wahrscheinlich durch diese Funktion erzeugt worden sein. Jedes Mal, Sonic Core-Stand auf der NAMM Show ist Country-Band gespielt wird, sind ein Geheimnis ... Anyway. Ist es ein Hobby wäre Distributoren in Nordamerika. Verwenden Sie einen Mixer zu vergleichsweise Scope, Country-Bands spielen den ganzen Tag lang, weil, es ist unmöglich für eine wirksame Kontrolle des Produkts von Interesse überhaupt nicht tat ​​mir leid versammelt. "

info = NULL;

?? vibes
SilverScoper

Post by SilverScoper »

Info = scope is used in china
Info = maybe band was distraction
Info = this guy thinks Scope 6 may be targeted for a Summer release
Info = Solaris and embedded Scope may share DSP R&D origins
Info = speculation

But when all info = speculation, his is as good as anyone's.

Chinese, German or English.