Planet Z Announcements

Moderators: valis, garyb

jhulk

Re: NAMM 2013

Post by jhulk »

so many vst dont work in 64bit

some of my favs are no longer supported

the komplexer for one not been supported for a number of years

is a software emulation of the micro q and has the ability to add user wavetables

but will never be ported to 64bit

korg legacy software will not be ported to 64bit

the 32bit to 64bit bridge software adds more latency

there is no difference in sound quality in 64bit as most still run the 32bit floating point audio engine

i only own the cards i have 2 systems and they are still going strong and were way ahead of its time

uad only do fx

and tc powercore is a dropped product and only a couple of synths were ever done

i would rather they take there time for the scope 6 and iron out allthe problems before releasing it

unlike so many other developers xils naming one release softsynth that are not finished and then you have to keep putting in reports to get them fixed

so instead of them beta testing before release you become there beta testers for free

another company is windows how many times does it update sorting out bad code for ever due to security risks

chicken systems translator and constructor sell there stuff with the will be sorting out formats they sell it as though its there but when you click on it a box comes up and says waiting for future developement

what a waste of resources coding rubbish like that into a product the other one is constructor never worked from day one it crashes all the time you have to constantly send error reports that you get will be sorted out in next release but it never does so you end up just being a relay back and forth not getting anything done with the program for spending$150 on it never to use it as its unusable and getting charge for a dvd rom product and postage but never ever recieving that product you get you will get it in a final release so its not a finished product but you have been charged for a finished product

as for scope with the 32bit os i dont have any problems at all it does not crash and modular is a dream to work with

some modules i would like to see that vaz modular has

like a poly spitter module this module is an poly out module but splits the poly into seperate outs so if you set a 10 note poly and add the poly splitter module

you get the 10 poly outputs then you can take each output to a panner this give great expression and ilikethe feature as i use it also on the asr10

but the sound off scope modular it just outclasses the vaz and any vsti modular synth

but i still would not be with out my hardware samplers

scope for me is just used as another sound scape tool with great mixer abilities and fx
Fluxpod

Post by Fluxpod »

korg legacy will be ported to 64 bit this year. :) They postet that a while ago.
jhulk

Post by jhulk »

must have listened to all the complaints then

as im on the korg legacy list

its always a discussion

but the korg wavestation and t1 dont sound as good as the hardware

the hardware has an over-driven distortion type sound thats very musical hard to explain until you do a comparison sound between the both

where the software is clinically digital clean

and the fx on the hardware are noisy and have hiss which also adds to the sound

and t1 pcm support on hardware none on the software version
garyb

Post by garyb »

again Bud, you get it...

Eanna you are right about videos!
yayajohn

Post by yayajohn »

i'd go if I could get in. From what i've seen it's gotten way too crowded though. Seems to me what's really needed is a real consumer electronic music instrument convention. You'd need a huge place though, this place might do if you've ever seen it. you could fit a small city inside.

http://www.ixcenter.com/ (to be honest I'd rather go to Annaheim than Cleveland though :lol: )

Ahh, who am I kidding. Who cares about all the other gear. S/C and JB should just do a yearly road show all around the world, who'd want for anything more eh?
dante

Post by dante »

You're right. Every time I think of another piece of gear, I then can only think about if it can be done (or has been done) in Scope or not. :lol:
garyb

Post by garyb »

yayajohn wrote: S/C and JB should just do a yearly road show all around the world, who'd want for anything more eh?
too tiring.. :lol:
siriusbliss

Post by siriusbliss »

yayajohn wrote:i'd go if I could get in. From what i've seen it's gotten way too crowded though. Seems to me what's really needed is a real consumer electronic music instrument convention. You'd need a huge place though, this place might do if you've ever seen it. you could fit a small city inside.

http://www.ixcenter.com/ (to be honest I'd rather go to Annaheim than Cleveland though :lol: )

Ahh, who am I kidding. Who cares about all the other gear. S/C and JB should just do a yearly road show all around the world, who'd want for anything more eh?
I've been to the IX center (grew up near there). There's really nothing else around there. But it's huge.

Actually, NAMM has become sort of a characature of itself over the years. Always the same lame guitar shredders and skanky women (unless that's your thing).
But for me personally it lost a lot of the mystique that it had back in the day.
But Other than MusiCMesse, it's the only thing going.

G
yayajohn

Post by yayajohn »

yeah I've always wanted to go to NAMM but it seems to me that a real consumer electronic musical/pro audio convention is needed with the primary purpose to sell to consumers, not to announce new gear and such that NAMM is for, although following the weekend after NAMM would probably be best. All the vendors and manufacturers demoing and selling their stuff, have a couple of 18 wheelers stowed out back for extra stock to sell. Would be a feeding frenzy imo. Personally if I went to one I'd never leave empty handed, in fact I'd probably buy lots of stuff I really didn't need.
I guess back in the day their biggest customers were the pro-audio types which is still true for a percentage of gear made but lots of affordable gear for the sudo-pro/hobbyist these days. ..........such as Scope Gear!
dante

Post by dante »

I got a great new angle for a music trade show ...... Education !!

Music Engineering schools could present thier courses, then on the consumer side, schools themselves could get involved with performances by the school bands, eistedfords etc. endorsing gear promoted by sponsors.

Then, S|C / JB and Ferrofish could have a 'Scope In School' stand. Want to become an engineer ? Start with the school band and XITE-1. Want to own a studio ? Want to be a keyboardist ? Aspiring hobbyist producer ? Or even a DSP developer. No problem. XITE-1 does it all, w/ upgrades for I/O and performance being A16 Ultra, Solaris and B4000+.

Scope. A Universe for your Musical Education and Ambitions.
dawman

Post by dawman »

IMG_1691.JPG
IMG_1691.JPG (101.13 KiB) Viewed 3222 times
petal

Post by petal »

Soooo...

Namm 2013 is on!

No official SonicCore announcements so far.

Do we have anybody inside?

:)
bill3107

Post by bill3107 »

:o At least I am not the only one waiting for some news ;-) As part of thoses who could not buy an Xite until now, I would be so glad to see a "little" Xite with less in/outs but more affordable. I do believe there is no real DSP competitor between a Focusrite Forte/Babyface/Apogee Duet2 and a RME/Apogee quartet. Or a mac version ? Scope 6 would be fine though .... for the Xiters only :(

Let's see...

Gary are you allowed to talk ??? :wink:

Jo
dante

Post by dante »

bill3107 wrote:I would be so glad to see a "little" Xite with less in/outs but more affordable.
Apart from physical size, thats the XITE-1D isnt it ?
hubird

Post by hubird »

+ I don't think # of ins and outs contribute so much to the price.
dawman

Post by dawman »

Bill 3107 has returned....... :)
SilverScoper

Post by SilverScoper »

hubird wrote:I don't think # of ins and outs contribute so much to the price.
I/O contributes to the build cost, due to front panel complexity. But RRP is more related to functionality than build cost. So that difference would be split between DSP count (power - most important) and I/O (secondary).
hubird

Post by hubird »

I would prefer 2 more ADAT ports on the Xite1, in change for some DSP...
it's quite depending on your personal situation and working needs, indeed :-)
siriusbliss

Post by siriusbliss »

Looks like only Gary is there this year at the booth, but his guess is as good as ours on status of Scope 6 and Parseq, etc.

I don't know of anyone else that i know of that is going this year that is even aware of Scope.
:roll:

Other friends / colleagues are there for other purposes via other vendors or publications.

Last year I saw an EARLY Scope 6 with a few modules as well as a very raw Parseq, so I'm presuming another year of progress will bring us closer to realization.

Last year we got a demo of the Mattomat. This year there appears to be a couple new devs coming on board. So we'll see.

Unfortunately this will be the first NAMM I've missed since the 80's (as far as i can recall ) so I'm feeling slightly homesick. :)

G
siriusbliss

Post by siriusbliss »

Apparently Dave Smith is releasing the Prophet 12.

Search youtube.

G