Sonic Core email about COS & VOID version 2 Limited Offer

Planet Z Announcements

Moderators: valis, garyb

erminardi

Re: Sonic Core email about COS & VOID version 2 Limited Offe

Post by erminardi »

Garyb, I work into communication business: a quick MP3 demo or YouTube video catch a lot more interest in a short term, the demos are for sure better but takes al lot of time to set up and request. For web promotions the speed of decision / purchase are fundamental!

And Apple, in example, has demonstrated that the "lipstick" economy is the new frontier of software business: no more huge software with huge cost, but little apps (plugins, here) for a few bucks.
Can you image if SC will sell his software for less, but quicker: in example instead of 240 euros for whole 5.1 OS, 5 euros for a single plugin, or a synth for 40 euros. We can image a lot of new costomers due the new low psicological treshold: 10 people with 24 euros are currently better than one with 240 euros.
More cash in the company, more dynamism.
Obvously all of this if supported from a serious and solid guerrilla marketing.
4PC + Scope 5.0 + no more Xite + 2xScope Pro + 6xPulsarII + 2xLunaII + SDK + a lot of devices (Flexor III & Solaris 4.1 etc.) + Plugiator.
petal

Post by petal »

I seriously doubt that SC has the potential customer base / volume needed for the kind of "low price" plugin-model to actually work and pay off. Not that I am against it, but SCOPE is a niche market which cannot be compared to the iDevice model.
dante

Post by dante »

garyb wrote:demo versions are possible.
Thats good news.
erminardi

Post by erminardi »

Your should create your volume of customers, if you wait for customers from divine providence... herr, you are designed to failure.
Quality is not more enough today for become a florid company, it's of course the necessary condition, but not sufficient.
Just look at music business: marketing is the basis.
It is useless to make beautiful things if nobody knows or perceives them as accessible or compatible.
Here in Italy, alot of music gear specialized and authoritative magazines & webzine perceive S|C (ex SC) products as minor things and poor compatible.
That's IMO a marketing Vaterloo...
4PC + Scope 5.0 + no more Xite + 2xScope Pro + 6xPulsarII + 2xLunaII + SDK + a lot of devices (Flexor III & Solaris 4.1 etc.) + Plugiator.
garyb

Post by garyb »

feel free to get the demo and then make demos. :)
i'm sure that SurAudio would appreciate it.

i don't have too much to do with the process, but i agree that it would help. you CAN get a demo, however.
garyb

Post by garyb »

for owners of COS and/or Void, please feel free to download the new version. it's the same key. :)

a reminder it's here:
ftp://sonic-core.net/software/3rd_Party/SurAudioLab/
Liquid EDGE

Post by Liquid EDGE »

garyb wrote:for owners of COS and/or Void, please feel free to download the new version. it's the same key. :)

a reminder it's here:
Now thats a whole load of wow. I have Void. Bring it on. Cheers Sur Audio Lab And Sonic Core.
Liquid EDGE

Post by Liquid EDGE »

53E7 wrote:Hey Liquid EDGE, I went to your soundcloud page and I really like your track: Berns - Work In Progress
Yeah that tune was made by my mate berns. In the studio with the scope xite-1 as well as other things. For that main bass sound he used some wicked technique with the interpole.
neuromantik

Post by neuromantik »

Liquid EDGE wrote:Now thats a whole load of wow. I have Void. Bring it on. Cheers Sur Audio Lab And Sonic Core.
Perhaps you can make a quick demo for those of us who do not want to request a demo key ;) Also if someone could confirm that it is optimzed for Xite that would be grand!
Liquid EDGE

Post by Liquid EDGE »

neuromantik wrote:
Liquid EDGE wrote:Now thats a whole load of wow. I have Void. Bring it on. Cheers Sur Audio Lab And Sonic Core.
Perhaps you can make a quick demo for those of us who do not want to request a demo key ;) Also if someone could confirm that it is optimzed for Xite that would be grand!
Will do, i have the xite-1. So can do/answer both for you. I suspect it is as the flyer says it's for xite.

http://sonic-core.net/joomla.soniccore/ ... ochure.pdf
foxnhound33

Post by foxnhound33 »

folks- I hardly ever speak up on here, but truthfully I LOVE Void 2
Cos 2, I am not as crazy about for some reason, the sound doesn't grab me like Void 2.

I have been using Cos and Void for over a year and they have never crashed (running on a SCOPE professional).
They loaded presets very slowly, but COS 2 and VOID 2 do so much quicker.
This update makes them much better synths.

Give these synths a chance, I would have never purchased them had they not come with the card I bought.

And the free upgrade didn't hurt.

However, VOID 2 is a ripping synth with a cool architecture and nice layout, setup and sounds a lot like a Virus.
(details: FM, two filters, easy and fast modulation settings, cool LFO control- just click to switch)
Would it justify shelling more cash out of pocket? My opinion, yes (and just leave Cos 2 behind, you wouldn't miss it, doesn't fill as much of a gap in sound as Void 2).

I sold my Virus TI, and I swear with the real Waldorf (c) tables that are in Void 2, this thing is better.

I intend to make a nice YouTube demo one day, but must find time...
I just wanted to balance the negativity to Cos and Void 2 (some justified, no sound samples? what gives?).
One note- both Cos and Void used to use Flexor distortions, which was neat, but I think the source of some problems at the software level. I do miss those as they were great distortions, but I just use Flexor separately if I want them in the version 2.
Wired

Post by Wired »

I bought the first versions, really bad, ripped right off

They shouldn't be allowed to sell here, unless they recoded for success
garyb

Post by garyb »

did you try the new versions? it won't cost you anything(or maybe you haven't read the thread).
yayajohn

Post by yayajohn »

well it doesn't appear they are optimized for the Xite-1. (WinXP32)
Anyone tried these out on the Scope PCI or 64 bit?
Liquid EDGE

Post by Liquid EDGE »

yayajohn wrote:well it doesn't appear they are optimized for the Xite-1. (WinXP32)
Anyone tried these out on the Scope PCI or 64 bit?
Can you elaborate on your experience?

I have xite-1 running on xp32bit. I have not had time to go to the studio and test this new version of void out yet.
yayajohn

Post by yayajohn »

sure be glad to. First I really don't intend to publicly flog a 3rd party company because I really do like the sounds these synths can create, they are very powerful and thick sounding however there may be some more tweaking to be done on these.

First complaint: Increasing the voices past 5 or 6 all at once caused the DSP overload/optimization messages. If I started out on 4 voices and stepped it up one at a time I was able to get 12 (that was on the init patch) any of the more complex patches I was not able to get anywhere close to that. If I assigned a DSP(I tried 9-18) to the synth then the results were worse. I did make sure I selected the unison switch off for the patches I tested so I was comparing apples to apples. Switching between patches was very slow and usually popped the DSP overload/optimization at a modest amount of voices. It reminded me of the way the John Bowen synths are - i.e. great sounds but badly in need of some optimization for the Xite. (I do realize there are some new files for 64bit on his side :) )
As a reference the stock synths are fully optimized on the Xite and I am able to load up the project window with many synths at max (16) voices and switching patches is very fast.

Look it, I realize that 16 voices might be more than most people really need but the promo lit for these Sur Audio synths boasted 16 voices. I'm wondering on what type of system and if it's not optimized for the Xite-1 then why not?

bottom line: great sounds but the work flow is crippled by the loading of the DSP's

Anyway, I am willing to test it some more so i will report back next week when I get back to my rig.

Dan
Liquid EDGE

Post by Liquid EDGE »

Nice one.
With regards to number of voices. If you look at the brochure link I posted not to far up. When it mentions up to 16 voices is does state depending on system configuration.

I'll let you know how I get on when I finally get to the studio.
dante

Post by dante »

yayajohn wrote:bottom line: great sounds but the work flow is crippled by the loading of the DSP's. Anyway, I am willing to test it some more so i will report back next week when I get back to my rig.
Dan
I may try VOID2 demo on my 12DSP PCI setup. If I can get 4 voices out of that, then the synth is as useable as ProWave, which also leaves enough DSP to run a B2003. If I can get 6 voices out of 12DSP (PCI), then its a good candidate to buy. 2 voices for left hand octave bass, and 4 for a 7th chord in the right hand. What more u need ?

If the thing is not XITE optimised, then I'll test/treat it as a PCI synth.
yayajohn

Post by yayajohn »

Look fwd to hearing what both of your experiences are.
yayajohn

Post by yayajohn »

Well i was able to test Void2 out a little more thoroughly tonight. Unfortunately I think my system may have been a little glitchy the other night when I was testing these synths maybe due to reshuffling DSP assignments and re-optimization attempts or who knows. With a fresh boot up, tonight they were behaving a lot better. I started out with 8 voices with the unison switch always selected off and went thru at least 16 random presets very quickly without triggering the DSP optimization message. The keyboard type presets seemed to place a heavier load on the system and triggered the message. I recommend to select no to optimization and back the voices back to 1 and reselect the preset and then raise it back up to 6 and it worked just fine after that. I would recommend 6 voices max if you don't want to trigger the opto message. The other night I was selecting yes to optimization and the long wait afterwards would yield no better results so that's why tonight I started selecting no and it seemed to work out a whole lot better.
Like I said before the sounds are really good on this synth. There's a couple of thick presets like Full Strings where you might want to select the unison off and try bumping up the voices one at a time to 8 or more to eliminate possibly dropped notes.
Anyway, that's my 2 cents.
I am very grateful Sur Audio Lab granted previous buyers the free upgrade. Thanks guys :wink:
I may get around to some audio examples later in the week. Would love to hear other experiences to compare??

Dan