Planet Z Announcements

Moderators: valis, garyb

53E7

Sonic Core email about COS & VOID version 2 Limited Offer

Post by 53E7 »

erminardi

Re: Sonic Core email about COS & VOID version 2 Limited Offe

Post by erminardi »

another "clever" promotion by the "marketing masters" of SonicCore... no audio demos anywhere!
No video, no MP3, nothing about the only important fact for a brand new synth.

:roll:
4PC + Scope 5.0 + no more Xite + 2xScope Pro + 6xPulsarII + 2xLunaII + SDK + a lot of devices (Flexor III & Solaris 4.1 etc.) + Plugiator.
ehasting

Post by ehasting »

i must agree.. screenshots are kind of secondary.. :P Sound demos would be nice to have... the should make their own sound cloud account for demo sounds.. :)
Higen
http://www.scopeportal.com - Community Sonic Core SCOPE Plugins and Devices
http://www.higen.org
neuromantik

Post by neuromantik »

Do the people who were "burned" by the first versions (not so good sound quality) will get upgrade discounts? I hope they post sound samples or even a demo device before the offer expires...
53E7

Post by 53E7 »

I've read here about the problems of the first versions. That's going to keep a lot of people away for sure. Sonic Core really should give a generous upgrade discount to the first generation users. I think that would be smart so the same people who got burned could report right here that these new versions adress the problems of the originals and are now worth buying. Right now all anyone has do is search on Planet Z for VOID or COS and see that those synths were garbage. Still, if the new synths do as advertised, they could be really fun to have around. I myself am considering them, but I'd like to at least hear some sound clips, feedback from someone who's tried them, and a demo of course would be great.
yayajohn

Post by yayajohn »

garbage??!!! I bought both back in January and have been quite happy with the sound. Can you provide an example please?
53E7

Post by 53E7 »

Bud Weiser

Post by Bud Weiser »

53E7 wrote:Well you could start here:

http://forums.planetz.com/viewtopic.php ... t=cos+void
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Sometimes I wonder how and why people buy something.
There are demo devices normally,- no ?
Sounddemos on websites don´t tell much IMO,- these are just teasers and you never know how these were done.

OTOH,- if I read a name of a synth called "VOID",- to me it´s not a surprise it makes no sound at all ... :D
"COS" is another story, just because it tells me much less than "VOID".

" ´cos void..." well, that´s a name for a bundle ... :lol:

Me, personally, I see it that way:

S|C is busy getting SCOPE 6 ready for Winter NAMM and/ or Musikmesse (???), ...
The shop is also a distribution channel for 3rd party developers who are responsable for their products,- not S|C.
S|C grabs something when 3rd party developer sells something, so they advertise the stuff according to the info they have from 3rd party developer,- that´s all.

I doubt they have the time to test all the 3rd party devices.

Someone buying a product because the picture looks great is a f**kin´ idiot to me,- sorry.
Same rules for someone buying a non working product and not returning it,- then starting complaining in forums.

For the new offer, I don´t see any demo device file for download,- so wait until there will be one available, then test it.

Bud
yayajohn

Post by yayajohn »

53E7 wrote:Well you could start here:

http://forums.planetz.com/viewtopic.php ... t=cos+void
thanks, yes some unhappy campers there. hhmmm that may have made me not buy the bundle however like I said, i've gotten some good sounds from both although I haven't really dug too deep into either one.

Bud Weiser wrote:Same rules for someone buying a non working product and not returning it,- then starting complaining in forums.

:lol: true but how does one return a software activation key? On good faith?
dawman

Post by dawman »

All of those posts and yet no sound demos.
Must be really busy cats....
JoPo

Post by JoPo »

If the void & cos 2.0 sound as previous version, I'll call the police !

I really guess the 2.0 must be at least usable. It would be necessary to be crazy to make the second version so rotten ...

They should give us a demo. Sound example are not enough (see the 1° version...).

Right, it's not SC product. But it's in there shop, they should check the quality of what the are selling.
> > > > > > > > > > > > --- Musica --> here ! ---< < < < < < < < < < < <
Bud Weiser

Post by Bud Weiser »

yayajohn wrote:
:lol: true but how does one return a software activation key? On good faith?
Probably only a prob for the device manufacturer/seller,- Distance Selling Act ...

Any software activation key has a value only when the activated software works as advertised/expected.
No sound is clearly a indicator for a non working product p.ex. and would be a case for a refund if the developer isn´t able to fix the issue within a given period of time.
Well, law is different in several countrys and software might be tricky stuff, depending on it´s a downlad product or comes shipped in a box as also "general terms & conditions" take place.
But I have also seen general terms & conditions being without legal capacity,- partially or totally.
That´s why most manufacturers offer a trial version for "try (on your system) before you buy".

OTOH,- if there isn´t any trial version,- anyone is free to buy it on his own risk or not to buy !

Bud
Bud Weiser

Post by Bud Weiser »

JoPo wrote:If the void & cos 2.0 sound as previous version, I'll call the police !
:lol:

The sound police !
They will send their most experienced expert in a minute,- "a hundered years w/ bleeding ears" !
JoPo wrote: Right, it's not SC product. But it's in there shop, they should check the quality of what the are selling.
They have probably checked working condition for v2.0, but sound is a matter of taste,- isn´t it ?
If it doesn´t work at all,- they´ll remove it from shop,- no ?

Bud
ehasting

Post by ehasting »

. .okay guys.. if we are going to look at it on the positive side?! we actually have new synths (i consider them as new.. due to the updated graphics.. ). And this is 2012 on our beloved Scope platform! so now people who are complaining that the synths on scope (minimax, etc) are like 6 years old, can just stay silent!

Glorious days.. our platform is growing.. or updating!! its alive!!! amen.

Rgs
Egil
Higen
http://www.scopeportal.com - Community Sonic Core SCOPE Plugins and Devices
http://www.higen.org
Mr Arkadin

Post by Mr Arkadin »

I think a cool idea would be to give those that bought the originals a free update - then they could effuse about the new versions and that might actually increase sales.

I'm not going to complain about new stuff for the platform, but frankly I have enough synths so I'm not really the target audience for these two (which I haven't even heard yet).
Bud Weiser

Post by Bud Weiser »

ehasting wrote: Glorious days.. our platform is growing.. or updating!! its alive!!! amen.

Rgs
Egil
Well, as a XITE-1 user, I hope,- or better expect,- SCOPE platform to be alive for a long time from now.
That said,- I´d prefer "updating" over "growing".

I see a lot of already existing 3rd party stuff not being optimized for XITE machines, so I´m careful buying new/more devices unless it´s valid a developer owns a XITE-1 and latest SDK for developement.
Looking forward SCOPE 6, it might also be interesting to know what 3rd party stuff will run on XITE and inside SCOPE 6 next future.
SCOPE 5.x on XITE already offers so much sonic potential, even w/ old big synths and Modular, I wonder how many additional synths I´d need and when ParseQ will be released w/ VST support,- we´ll have both worlds using the hardware in a better way than XTC ever did.

So, the glorious days will come w/ the release of SCOPE 6, the optimizations of the already included devices, improvements (MIDI, Copperlan, OSC support) and eventually OSX support.

Bud
Liquid EDGE

Post by Liquid EDGE »

I have void. It makes some wicked interesting sounds, it's a bit temperamental on the xite-1 but like I say, some very interesting sounds, of course it's a taste thing, I can imagine someone who likes folk music not really being in to it. But someone who likes their electronic music, hell yeah.

I should imagine void 2 and cos 2 are xite-1 optimised, would be madness if they were not. Sound examples would be great.

Also that thread jopo posted. Does he know what trim is on a channel?
Some sounds are so unique and possibly made from destructive type synthesis that the sound will need boosting on the gain input of a channel on whatever mixer used.
53E7

Post by 53E7 »

Hey Liquid EDGE, I went to your soundcloud page and I really like your track: Berns - Work In Progress
dante

Post by dante »

erminardi wrote:another "clever" promotion by the "marketing masters" of SonicCore... no audio demos anywhere!
:roll:
Not S|C's fault since they're frying other fish & dont need the time out it takes to distribute demo versions. It's Sur-Audio Labs that need a kick here. if they are serious about selling synth plug-ins for those kind of $$$ audio demos or youtube vids are mandatory.

We had youtubes for Mattomat within days of it's release and well within the introductory period. Propellorheads have a 'try' button next to all 3rd party rack extensions, UAD devices all have youtubes on release and Kontakt plugs I've bought recently all have videos or demos as well.

Get with it Sur.
garyb

Post by garyb »

demo versions are possible.

the download is here:
ftp://sonic-core.net/software/3rd_Party/SurAudioLab/

send the request string to support and request a demo key for the synth of your choice(only one demo can be on the Scope system at a time). there's an illness in the office, so be patient. if everyone send them in all at once, it'll take a minute to make all the keys. :)

i'll let you know about the upgrade issue.