Sonic Core email about COS & VOID version 2 Limited Offer

Planet Z Announcements

Moderators: valis, garyb

Liquid EDGE

Re: Sonic Core email about COS & VOID version 2 Limited Offe

Post by Liquid EDGE »

I'll let you know what I think about void2 asap.
Just become a dad so priorities have shifted for the moment.
t_tangent

Post by t_tangent »

Congrats Liquid on the new bairn.

Yes have Cos and Void here and it was good of the developers to carry the same key over for the new version 2 updates. Definite improvement over the first versions as well.

Cheers
yayajohn

Post by yayajohn »

Congrats! Enjoy; the days are long and the nights are short but the months and years just seem to fly by.
Liquid EDGE

Post by Liquid EDGE »

Cheers guys. :) Short nights hey. :( :P :D

Should be heading to the studio Tuesday. Looking forward to having a play with sounds. :)
Liquid EDGE

Post by Liquid EDGE »

Had a play with void 2 today.

I have the xite-1 hardware running on xp 32bit

Works perfectly fine apart from not liking going up to 16 voice polyphony.

Quicker loading than the first void, sounds great.
dante

Post by dante »

Had a quick play today, happy to report I can get 4 - 6 voices on many presets on my 12 DSP PCI setup at 48khz.

Actually, on one preset I got 10 voices which allowed me to play 5 with unison on. That put DSP load to about 95%, very usable.
yayajohn

Post by yayajohn »

I'm liking it more and more now that I know how to not piss it off. There's a couple of the more complex presets that will trigger the message even at 4 poly (on my system at least). I found it interesting that some of the presets were set to unison at 16? If anyone can get 16 voices out of this on Xite then please chime in with your system stats because I would like to aspire an optimum system for the Xite-1, although i'm really in no hurry to update as of right now as i'm running 3 pci cards along with the Xite just fine.
I started messing with some of the presets, I can see myself getting lost in time for hours with these 2 synths, what fun! :)

(ASUS P5QL Pro Intel Quad 8200, winXP32 Xite-1 with 3 PCI cards)

Dan
53E7

Post by 53E7 »

Is COS just a scaled down version of VOID? What is unique about VOID that seperates it apart from Solaris, XOR, or the Wavelength synths (all of which I have)?
dawman

Post by dawman »

yayajohn wrote:I'm liking it more and more now that I know how to not piss it off. There's a couple of the more complex presets that will trigger the message even at 4 poly (on my system at least). I found it interesting that some of the presets were set to unison at 16? If anyone can get 16 voices out of this on Xite then please chime in with your system stats
I have time off Monday for a little bit and am going to try the demo version to see how it workd on the XBox. I'll let you know.
53E7

Post by 53E7 »

I bought the bundle. HOLY CRAP! BOTH SYNTHS ARE AWESOME! I actually can't believe just how good they are. I like to make dance music and right out of the box, all the presets are modern and usefull. COS2 has the best ARP String Ensemble sound I've ever heard outside of the real instrument. Just select preset 2 ENSEMBLE put all 16 voices and go! I'll try to make a demo but I just wanted to share my experience. Unfortunately I am a PCI user (3 big cards) so I can't speak for X-ITE (yet). It seems the initial offer is still on (I just bought them a few days ago) so don't wait too long. You definately want these (yes both of them)!
Liquid EDGE

Post by Liquid EDGE »

I'm very tempted to buy cos 2...

If you just bought the package hunt down the first versions of the synths on the sc download pages. They are awesome as well ( I can only speak for void though) they use the same keys. :)

Spread the goodness and ignore those who have bad things to say about s.a.l ( they have dodgy taste :p)

( honestly, when I made it known I was going to buy void 1 on here someone pm'd me to try and put me off, glad I can think for myself, void is great)