HALO 4 REMIX COMP

Planet Z Announcements

Moderators: valis, garyb

dante

HALO 4 REMIX COMP

Post by dante »

https://halo4remix.com/#remix

My self, I have played Halo on XBOX 360 and love it second only to Gears Of War, so I plan on entering this, and if produce anything worthwhile feature it in ScopeRise.

If anyone else wants to do same Ill put it in a ScopeRise article and we can make a good promotion of Scope (or Noah, Solaris etc) as a game soundtracking platform.
ChrisWerner

Re: HALO 4 REMIX COMP

Post by ChrisWerner »

Downloading the stems and will listen to it. When I get inspired I maybe contribute.
But my first thought was to regret it, because they left the PC versions out after Halo 1, bought by M$ to promote their XBox only.
But Halo 1 was great for that time, walk, drive, fly in one game.
ChrisWerner

Post by ChrisWerner »

Well, we are not allowed :D

Rule:
You are a legal resident of the 50 United States and District of Columbia, and are 18 years of age or older. If you are 18 of age or older, but are considered a minor in your place of residence, you should ask your parent’s or legal guardian’s permission prior to submitting an Entry into this Contest; and
You are NOT an employee of Microsoft Corporation or an employee of a Microsoft subsidiary; and
You are NOT involved in any part of the administration and execution of this Contest; and
You are NOT an immediate family (parent, sibling, spouse, child) or household member of a Microsoft employee, an employee of a Microsoft subsidiary, or a person involved in any part of the administration and execution of this Contest.

This Contest is void outside the geographic area described above and wherever else prohibited by law
kensuguro

Post by kensuguro »

it also seems like your track has to sound like every other dubstep track out there.. what's the point of a remix contest if everyone's just going to play the original, pick the root, and throw the most homogenous (canonic) wobbly bass all over it. Is that even technically a remix? You could probably inject a dubstep track you wrote last year and it wouldn't make a difference.

I think I'll do one just to prove you can do it without turning everything into the same old mush. Talk about loss of musical vocabulary.. sheesh. I'm just a grumpy ol' man these days aren't i. I'm not that old.
dante

Post by dante »

I didnt notice the geographical thing. Anyway if we produce anything it'll still make an article ScopeRise. I hadn't got round to doing anything with it yet but I will when time permits.