Scope Modular synthesis course!

Planet Z Announcements

Moderators: valis, garyb

ReD_MuZe

Scope Modular synthesis course!

Post by ReD_MuZe »

Due to some demand i have decided to offer the video lessons for sale on adern.com.
"Scope Modular Course" is a set of instructional videos, that take the students on a journey of sounds fashion and history, teaching basic and advanced synthesis through the scope modular system.

On the first course classic synthesizers will be studied dissected and reassembled in a modular environment for a full understanding of their inner workings, and an intimate understanding of synthesis methods. This course will be focusing on Subtractive synthesis , FM synthesis, Additive synthesis and simple Hybrid synthesis.

On the second course more advanced modular techniques are taught and various synthesis methods are discussed through the usage of the Sonic Core modular system. Such as wave shaping, Hybrid synthesis, delay effects, wave tables, dynamic effects, formants, vocoder, and crazy modular audio effects.

The package offered contains about 20(!) hours of modular tutoring. Upon registering you will be given access to download the videos.

Requirements:
• Computer
• SonicCore DSP hardware
• Scope Modular III or better (no need for FleXor)
• Internet Connection

Demo videos
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL0CF041F562C5BE5E
Please note: The videos are recordings of LIVE lessons. some of these videos are more edited than others and yes my english is not the best. However these lessons contain a HUGE set of knowledge allowing you to jump right into modular synthesis and make sounds.

Bonus to Planet-z members:
These days i am finishing a high quality, and well produced course for basic synthesis (non modular). This course is interactive, fun, highly detailed, properly edited, professionally narrated, with lot's of animations. Planetz users who buy the videos will gain access to the new synthesis course - for free! (yes you too original attenders!)

Remember:
dawman

Re: Scope Modular synthesis course!

Post by dawman »

A God Amongst Men..............Assaf....

The Dog barking and Police sirens are easily removed with a Noise Filter.
Great courses.
These are tricks from a programmer with determination and knowledge.
Definately a good buy.
53E7

Post by 53E7 »

I'm VERY happy to see this post. I just signed up for Synth School.
erminardi

Post by erminardi »

uh, I want this patch :)
tonight I will freeze a still frame of this video to grab this beautiful pad (yep, I'm lazy...)
:roll:

Thanks.
4PC + Scope 5.0 + no more Xite + 2xScope Pro + 6xPulsarII + 2xLunaII + SDK + a lot of devices (Flexor III & Solaris 4.1 etc.) + Plugiator.
yayajohn

Post by yayajohn »

awesome. I've been waiting for something like this. Cannot ever commit to a scheduled class as my schedule changes from month to month. This will be perfect.

Dan
Ben Walker

Post by Ben Walker »

Superb. Will have to wait until next month, but this will make the ideal birhtday present to myself. Like Dan I could never commit to a scheduled class at the moment, but to be able to do this in my own time will be great. Have always wanted to lear from the master.

BTW, clicking on 'read more about the courses' on this page, and on 'synthesis course' both take you to the Music pack page (id = 27) but clicking on the image takes you to the right page (id =28).
Dati

Post by Dati »

Nice!
dawman

Post by dawman »

How much for the T Shirt ?
That's a great set up shirt.
t_tangent

Post by t_tangent »

Congrats Assaf and a great idea.

And like Jimmy says, you should also get some of those shirts for sale. I'd buy one...even though I admit to using the occasional preset as a starting point or when one just sounds damned good. :)

Cheers

t_t
Gatam

Post by Gatam »

Wonderrful !!!
Tau

Post by Tau »

Just ordered mine :)
Tau

Post by Tau »

Just a question: where can the lessons be downloaded?
ReD_MuZe

Post by ReD_MuZe »

I have sent you an email with the information. enjoy!
David

Post by David »

Hey Red,
Can you send me the link to the bonus synthesis videos :)
Much obliged
Feg
Tau

Post by Tau »

Just to let you know I am loving the course... Only watched the first two lessons, but already my U-Know is going places it had never been before :)

Thanks for the opportunity, Red!

Cheers
ReD_MuZe

Post by ReD_MuZe »

Pygmy Audio Farms wrote:Hey Red,
Can you send me the link to the bonus synthesis videos :)
Much obliged
Feg
The new course will start beta within a month, and everyone who has attended the course, will get access to the new website automagically.
yay!
ReD_MuZe

Post by ReD_MuZe »

Tau wrote:Just to let you know I am loving the course... Only watched the first two lessons, but already my U-Know is going places it had never been before :)

Thanks for the opportunity, Red!

Cheers
It gets better as it goes along. the first lessons were harder for me to make...

i think knowledge in synthesis, is a much better deal than a new synthesizer with lots of presets ;)
It is actually like repurchasing all of your synthesizers ;)
tonatona

Post by tonatona »

"MIDI gone away - amazing!"

"The dog is driving me crazy!"

:)
ReD_MuZe

Post by ReD_MuZe »

yes, it is a live setting .. maybe the first few lessons are edited, but i ditched that technique pretty quickly.
in any case probably some of you are wondering where is the first lesson? well, the first lesson is lost in the digital void of the internet.
however i am finishing the first fully produced lesson this month, and guess what? its on the same subject, and you are getting it for free. in any case in my opinion you dont need the first lesson to start progressing. its always good to fill the gaps later but not mandatory.
irrelevance

Post by irrelevance »

Just wanted to drop in and offer my full recommendation for the modular synthesis course run by RED. Learned a great deal taking part in the part 1 course and having a video record to refer to if you suffer short term memory loss ;P is great!