Moderators: valis, garyb

dawman

Re: Adern summer sale

Post by dawman »

Wise choices Immanuel.. :wink:
ehasting

Post by ehasting »

Okay, i am getting closer to a acquirement!

But i have a hard time deciding!. Its between the Music Pack and the FleXor3.
I have a lot of DAS plugs for dynamic and also the DAS Legend and Master IT for EQ, which i love big-time!! (and uses all the time).

However.. compressors and EQ gets kind of like a drug.. just want more!
Then on the other hand, i love to extend my modular capabilities, however i am not that big user of the modular atm. its more now and then.
What should i do! And i cant buy both now.. even though thats just what i want to! :P

Will the Music Pack add something which is very different from the DAS plugs? or will it be in many ways omitting each other out?

I already know a lot about the flexor3, so i am most intressted in info regarding music pack
Higen
http://www.scopeportal.com - Community Sonic Core SCOPE Plugins and Devices
http://www.higen.org
ehasting

Post by ehasting »

Since nobody wanted to help me out.. i solved the problem my self by buying the Flexor3. So hopefully it was the right choice for me :).
The sound demos on the adern page have always tempted me!

Rgs
Higen
HUROLURA

Post by HUROLURA »

I had no way to help you as I only bought Flexor 3 recently and not have either DAS plugs (except for the FM Bundle) nor Adern Music Pack ...
ehasting

Post by ehasting »

I think i will be very happy with the choice! :)
For me its like buying a new hardware gear each time i buy a new plugin for the scope platform! The musicality in the platform is so great!

The sound examples on the Adern page has always tickled my ears! Perhaps some more youtube videos would help marketing this platform even more! :)
Higen
Immanuel

Post by Immanuel »

Bumping this one, as today seams to be the last day :-)
Information for new readers: A forum member named Braincell is known for spreading lies and malicious information without even knowing the basics of, what he is talking about. If noone responds to him, it is because he is ignored.
ReD_MuZe

Post by ReD_MuZe »

hey guys,
i am sorry i was unavailable.
the last couple of weeks have been Hectic and everything came to a big crescendo in the last couple of days, where i was moving in with my lovely girlfriend to a new house, while managing an electronic music department in Rimon (israel's parallel to berkley).

I am extending the offer by one more month, for those who have questions.

my personal opinion, if at doubt, the synthesis course has the best value for those that dont control modular yet. Yes, it is roughly cut, and yes, my english is poor, but the knowledge gained by understanding synthesis and using a modular synthesizer can strip you from the need to buy new synthesizers, (allthough it will not strip you from the joy of buying a new synthesizer :>)

If you are a modular buff and you dont have flexor yet, then i say go for flexor! what are you waiting for?

The music pack gives a completely different tonality than other devices out there. There are demos on the website, i suggest you try them and decide for yourself if you like them. They are a great way to add a different color to your mixes.

i hope that answers your questions!
Liquid EDGE

Post by Liquid EDGE »

Does flexor 3 play nice on xite-1?
xite knight

Post by xite knight »

Liquid EDGE wrote:Does flexor 3 play nice on xite-1?
It does, which is good for me as Flexor is more or less the core of my studio.
Cheers
Liquid EDGE

Post by Liquid EDGE »

xite knight wrote:
Liquid EDGE wrote:Does flexor 3 play nice on xite-1?
It does, which is good for me as Flexor is more or less the core of my studio.
Excellent.

Won't be able to buy it for a couple of months though as i just recently got mattomat.
Looks like i'll miss out on the summer sale. :(
Would it help if i stated that summer has only just started in england, been grey, misserable and rainy. But yesterday the sun came out to play. :D
jksuperstar

Post by jksuperstar »

Has anybody been able to login to synthschool for the lessons? I've can't login now, and my email to Assaf hasn't been answered yet. I assume life is busy & all. But curious if I'm the only one with an issue, and if someone else had an issue that they worked through. I've reset cookies and checked the two mentioned on the site are there, used different browsers, but still no luck.
w_ellis

Post by w_ellis »

I just gave it a quick test and was able to log in fine on synthschool. Maybe Assaf hasn't set up your user account yet.
dawman

Post by dawman »

Same with me, I logged in but he hasn't answered an email for ages.
pm me and I will give you stalking tips on facebook for him.
I dont use facebook anymore since they sold on the nasdaq as an IPO.
neuromantik

Post by neuromantik »

Can anyone who purchased the modular courses give me a run down of the chapters/material covered? I always want to broaden my understanding of VM synthesis and well my budget atm only allows for these videos or SoundLab1 for my G2..

Thanks for any feedback :)
dawman

Post by dawman »

They cover Scope Modular not G2, but if you can understand which modules in Scope have equal equivalents in Nord, it could be useful.
I would try facebook though as the Adren and Synthschool sites seem as nobody relpies back.

Cheers.
neuromantik

Post by neuromantik »

Yeah I guess he's busy atm... I'm just wondering if someone who has the videos could tell me the rough breakdown and whether it's better to just enroll in the next batch of classes.
I'm also curious if anyone here has purchased has grabbed The Laboratory of Patching by Roland Kuit http://rolandkuit.com/Roland%20Kuit%20e-Books.html and could compare the two.
Anyhow I'm set in purchasing both Adern's and Roland's videos, I just have the budget for one atm and wouldn't mind getting some feedback on either!

In any case thanks for the help ;) Cheers
jksuperstar

Post by jksuperstar »

I have both. Roland's tutorials are superb in the details. He has so many various ideas collected in his sound labs, they really are great.

In fact, he bundles some vst synths to show examples outside the realm of the nord, as well. They flow is nice, with embedded videos of historical stuff, patches right inline with the text, and it would be good practice to convert his example patches, which are largely for the nord, to the scope modular.
buzzr

Post by buzzr »

Roland has just purchased an Xite-1. So, he will be in the fore with the rest of us very soon..
jksuperstar

Post by jksuperstar »

Wow, cool. This might just open the S|C Modular into new levels of use. And the great people at e-m.com might get exposed to this as well.
HUROLURA

Post by HUROLURA »

Cool, one of the best Nord Modular user/tweeker/patcher on Earth. :)
And Wouterz already with us ...

Looks like the upgrade path from Nord G2 to nord G3 is ... Xite-1 + Mod IV !!! :D