Post by dante »

buzzr

Re: Scope 6 SDK + XITE-1 + Scope 5.1 - 40% off offer

Post by buzzr »

Oh my....people should jump on this ..
katano

Post by katano »

yeah, if anyone outside would know it...
soren_jepsen

Post by soren_jepsen »

At the very last minute, I descided to jump on the wagon and go for the offer.

However, I haven't heard anything from S|C since making the payment over paypal.

I realize they may be very busy shipping out orders, but since we're not talking peanuts moneywise, I would love some sort of reply regarding the payment and possibly an ETA.

I may be a bit impatient but hey, it's the XITE-1 I'm waiting for. Not some low level usb soundcard :-))

Anyone have any input on this? I emailed S|C, and got an auto-response, but nothing since then....

Regards
Soren
siriusbliss

Post by siriusbliss »

soren_jepsen wrote:At the very last minute, I descided to jump on the wagon and go for the offer.

However, I haven't heard anything from S|C since making the payment over paypal.

I realize they may be very busy shipping out orders, but since we're not talking peanuts moneywise, I would love some sort of reply regarding the payment and possibly an ETA.

I may be a bit impatient but hey, it's the XITE-1 I'm waiting for. Not some low level usb soundcard :-))

Anyone have any input on this? I emailed S|C, and got an auto-response, but nothing since then....

Regards
Soren

Depending on where you're located, you can try contacting Gary B. on this forum, and maybe he can follow up with status at SC.

Greg
garyb

Post by garyb »

yes, if you pm me, or send another query to support, i'll see what i can do for you.
dawman

Post by dawman »

I want to buy Scope SDK 6.0 as I already have the racks I need.
Where is there some information, like the price and perhaps a Users Guide pdf.
I'd love to be able to fix the things that I use work arounds for and eventually design my own specific devices.
Hopefully they will sell it for a good price after August 1st.
peksi

Post by peksi »

I decided to take on the offer too but haven't yet proceeded to the payment since I don't know how and dare not wire 2100€ to a foreign bank account without confirming it first.

I still have Pulsar I and II inside my PC. Do you think it is wise to remove them before installing XITE-1? Are they of any use or bother there? I remember something that XITE-1 uses some API to communicate with Cubase?

I presume that the Scope v5.1 software is the same and does not need reinstalling..

I accidentally made a new thread, tried to delete it but was left with an empty thread "In it too"... sorry adminstrator :roll:
petal

Post by petal »

I think you'll find answers to your questions here:

http://www.hitfoundry.com/issue_12/pcx_mast.htm
dante

Post by dante »

peksi wrote:I remember something that XITE-1 uses some API to communicate with Cubase?

I presume that the Scope v5.1 software is the same and does not need reinstalling..
The API that XITE-1 communicates w/ Cubase is ASIO. So should work with the only discussion being which ASIO you should use in Scope project.

There are 2 versions of Scope 5.1 - one for PCI and one for XITE.

So if you intend running both PCI and XITE together on the one system you need both versions installed. In this case I would make SCOPE XITE ASIO the selected Audio driver in Cubase, and just use Scope PCI as a MIDI expander (via ADAT) as explained in article.
peksi

Post by peksi »

My thanks for your help. I ordered XITE some time ago and waiting to get it.

Edit:

I just have to say that communicating with Holger and Sonic Core team has always been very pleasing and their service has been good in every way. This XITE deal was no exception. Thanks to all of SC folks, keep up the good work!
neuromantik

Post by neuromantik »

I'm currently discussing with the Ariana @ SC myself but I made some inquiries on the SDK and I have yet to receive a response. I guess they must be swamped with other things.

Anyhow, has anyone here used the SDKv6 and if so can please point me to some information regarding development. I'm interested in:
- porting some of my old Core cell implementions in Reaktor to CW Atoms
- integrating my own DSP code, is it possible? I noticed mention of an additional dongle, is there a price tag attached to it which I should be made aware of even if I want to develop free instruements?
- is there a wire debugging mode like in reaktor
- is it possible to use Pd bindings instead of C++ (for common code bases)

If anyone here has any info I would very much appreciate it :) Seems that SC are all on vacation (as am I and most of the EU ^^)

Nicolas
djmicron

Post by djmicron »

sdk v6 is not available yet.

WIth sdk v5 you can do your devices using dataflow programming, but there is no chance to use code.

Also sdk v5 cannot open dsp files straight into the project and they need to be converted into devices with sdk v4.

You can do every kind of circuit with the actual sdk and the only limitation is on GUI tools, such as wave drawing and similar tools(look at the flexor drawing tools and see how slow they work).

At the moment i don't see restrictions on what you can do with devices developed on your own, free or paid.

With scope v6 should be possible to control application parameters over API calls, so we can control devices over GUI developed using our preferred programming language and framework and even control other aspects such as load and unload devices.
dante

Post by dante »

neuromantik wrote:- integrating my own DSP code, is it possible? I noticed mention of an additional dongle, is there a price tag attached to it which I should be made aware of even if I want to develop free instruements?
Nicolas
Adding custom DSP code is done with C++ which requires a seperate dev environment from the base SDK. Best discuss this plus licensing agreements/requirements direct with S|C - hopefully they will get back to you.
tgstgs

Post by tgstgs »

@djmicron
_there is a fix for this as well as the prot. stuff talk with sc_
i think we got a patch but dont remember exacly_
--------
@dante thats not true
sys and dll files we code in c++ they run on the host cpu mainly for the gui;

dsp files run on the sharcs coded in assembler they process the audio and midi but as well calculations check the analog devices instruction list for sharcs
the obj files comming out of the sharc.exe had to be modified to be recognized in the sdk;
for this modific. you need a dongle;
the sys and dll dont need a donlgle;
sys dll and dsp files appear as atoms in the dspmodulelist and can be wired up in sdk_

sdk6 has lots of this atoms ready made so you should be able to realise all you want with it;

sdk6 has no more OLD guis //praise julian/_
but there is even an example in how to realise a GUI via dll;

good vibes
garyb

Post by garyb »

thank you sensei.
neuromantik

Post by neuromantik »

tgstgs wrote:@djmicron
--------
@dante thats not true
sys and dll files we code in c++ they run on the host cpu mainly for the gui;

dsp files run on the sharcs coded in assembler they process the audio and midi but as well calculations check the analog devices instruction list for sharcs
the obj files comming out of the sharc.exe had to be modified to be recognized in the sdk;
for this modific. you need a dongle;
the sys and dll dont need a donlgle;
sys dll and dsp files appear as atoms in the dspmodulelist and can be wired up in sdk_

sdk6 has lots of this atoms ready made so you should be able to realise all you want with it;

sdk6 has no more OLD guis //praise julian/_
but there is even an example in how to realise a GUI via dll;

good vibes
Whoa thanks a lot for the information! Very informative :) I'm under the impression that stock atoms are still what is used 98% of the time, but I'm more interested in the platform for its DSP capabilites rather than just an ultra low level modular (which sounds great too) like Reaktor.

For instance, not having the list of available modules to browse, can you tell me if a convulation reverb or a zero delay feedback filter are available? If I wanted to develop one, I would need a dongle, but is such a thing a serious investment? I understand that selling devices would require a special license agreement with SC, but is the same required for free or purely educational proof of concepts in order to make music? ^^

Ok, for simplification purposes, I want to know if anything I develop with SynthEdit/Core/Pd can harness the SCOPE DSP platform (ie. run on the DSPs). If only stock (ie. pre-existing) atoms can be run atm is there a list that I can consult, possibly signing an NDA or whatnot?

Thanks in any case, I'm excited to take part in this new direction of collaborative music R&D, which IMO has been proven successful by the guys @ Mutable Instruments.

Nicolas
djmicron

Post by djmicron »

@djmicron
very difficult to talk with S|C, no response to almost of my emails even when buying stuff, there is a lag in communication, so we do our best with the tools we have.

I think that hiding the fixes and beta stuff and all additional tools for developers, is counterproductive, especially when there is a lack of people working on the project.
neuromantik

Post by neuromantik »

Got an email from Julian clarifying some points on the environment and all. Sounds good even though the v6 road map seems a little blurry but I guess I can't be too impatient for a proper revolution (with proper documentation!) ^^

If there is a JIRA for tracking SDK issues I'm gonna be all over it :P

Thanks to everyone for your assistance

Nicolas