dante

Re: Craig Anderton!

Post by dante »

+1
HUROLURA

Post by HUROLURA »

Got it :)
Last edited by HUROLURA on Wed Jan 11, 2012 7:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
irrelevance

Post by irrelevance »

Vid gives a good overview of system capability but is really only hinting at what is available. The discussion at harmony central is informative and also quite funny. I wonder if I could be considered a manly Scope user :lol: 8)
astroman

Post by astroman »

irrelevance wrote:Vid gives a good overview of system capability but is really only hinting at what is available. ...
right, but in the same moment it reveals it's greatest weakness - a cluttered interface...
Craig just scratches a couple of devices and screen estate is already exhausted.

My biggest hope for the recently announced Open Scope paradigm is that this can be overcome by a GUI approch that puts function into the graphic focus again.
Less, but better... to quote German designer Dieter Rams

cheers, Tom
jhulk

Post by jhulk »

i read his forum notes to you can tell he likes the scope and its easy userability

and he is write way easier than patching in cables of a real hardware system

i have to use multipul patchbays so that i can interface all my synths and samplers to my 56 input mackie analog desk

and my yamaha digital desk which houses all my adat i/o for my 2 scope systems

minimax is sweet and as its free with 5.1 i can run many instances much cheaper than buying a used mini or a new z80 processor mini synth by bob moog rip

and i would sell the prophet vs if the vectron did sysex and they change the filter to the cem one

and with the advent of the new scope 6 i think the scope system both for new and old systems is great and a good commitment by sonic core to its users

i have many hardware synths that are not supported any longer by korg and that are not THAT OLD EITHER korg z1 cant get parts for love or money

and even the korg oasys keyboard has now lost its support or developement

and the new kronos does all the same and more and costs half the price of the oasys in fact the oasys second hand sales is the same cost a new kronos

it means so much to us old time scope users that being able to use our 10+ years cards and still sound as good as we brought them on the first day

and to have it a long future means that we can still use our old card until we can afford the xcite1

as seeing the demand out strips the production any way :P :P :P
siriusbliss

Post by siriusbliss »

Well done.

Greg
Xite rig - ADK laptop - i7 975 3.33 GHz Quad w/HT 8meg cache /MDR3-4G/1066SODIMM / VD-GGTX280M nVidia GeForce GTX 280M w/1GB DDR3
jksuperstar

Post by jksuperstar »

Revolution day indeed. S|C is seeing a rebirth from all perspectives...marketing, sales, technology. Who knew the Mayans could predict such a revolt?!
dante

Post by dante »

What amazed me most about that forum is that someone asked 'What's Scope?'
jhulk wrote:and to have it a long future means that we can still use our old card until we can afford the xcite1
...and beyond
YISH313z

Post by YISH313z »

astroman wrote:
irrelevance wrote:Vid gives a good overview of system capability but is really only hinting at what is available. ...
right, but in the same moment it reveals it's greatest weakness - a cluttered interface...
Craig just scratches a couple of devices and screen estate is already exhausted.

My biggest hope for the recently announced Open Scope paradigm is that this can be overcome by a GUI approch that puts function into the graphic focus again.
Less, but better... to quote German designer Dieter Rams

cheers, Tom

But that right there is the point of the Open Scope system is that if you think its to cluttered, "you" then can create something to fit exactly to your liking. :wink:
astroman

Post by astroman »

that's exactly what I had in mind... :D
now re-reading my post... I notice the 'this' might as well refer to 'Open Scope' :o which was not intended at all, oops

cheers, Tom
dawman

Post by dawman »

We get 10 more years of life now.
I actually was quite happy with XITE-1 as is. There's certain features that are lacking, but I can work around that instead of pissing and moaning about some imperfection.
It's strength is 6 nights a week of putting cash in my pocket.
Before that the cards did the very same, never crashing.
Just keep it simple, and for the real envelope pushers and tweakers, feel free to find imperfections and report them.
Personally, I'll be busy using the best live sound card ever made.

I punish Receptors and Motiffs constantly, Solaris was the death blow though.
There's 2 or 3 guys using real Analog gear in town, but they have huge rigs and complain like I did for years lugging racks of shit around because I cannot possibly accept the weak sound of Native synths.
But with the laptop I am going to buy this week at CES, and the XITE-1 and Solaris, I won't need anymore racks, so now I will punish not only the weak sounding NI Receptor boys, but the Dinosaur hardware dudes.
I thrive from battle, fear of losing or getting smoked is a great motivator.
I shall be King of all I survey....
YISH313z

Post by YISH313z »

XITE-1/4LIVE wrote:We get 10 more years of life now.
I actually was quite happy with XITE-1 as is. There's certain features that are lacking, but I can work around that instead of pissing and moaning about some imperfection.
It's strength is 6 nights a week of putting cash in my pocket.
Before that the cards did the very same, never crashing.
Just keep it simple, and for the real envelope pushers and tweakers, feel free to find imperfections and report them.
Personally, I'll be busy using the best live sound card ever made.

I punish Receptors and Motiffs constantly, Solaris was the death blow though.
There's 2 or 3 guys using real Analog gear in town, but they have huge rigs and complain like I did for years lugging racks of shit around because I cannot possibly accept the weak sound of Native synths.
But with the laptop I am going to buy this week at CES, and the XITE-1 and Solaris, I won't need anymore racks, so now I will punish not only the weak sounding NI Receptor boys, but the Dinosaur hardware dudes.
I thrive from battle, fear of losing or getting smoked is a great motivator.
I shall be King of all I survey....
Okay! I need to attend one of your shows!!! :lol:

It sounds like I would be screaming at the top of my lungs going yeaaaahhhh!!! :lol: :D
fokas

Post by fokas »

What is Scope ???
Sound
Card
Of
Precise
Engineering

Hehe these two days have been fun
dante

Post by dante »

Just noticed that the link to video was here but not the printed article - here tis :

http://www.keyboardmag.com/miscellaneou ... te-1/30948