NEW SDK announced

Planet Z Announcements

Moderators: valis, garyb

Liquid EDGE

Re: NEW SDK announced

Post by Liquid EDGE »

Ok, so how do i get my hands on the SDK, i own an xite-1 and would like to start learning the sdk and maybe make some plug ins.

Also i think the sdk should of been only for xite as thats the future and wouldn't we want fully optimised plug ins for the xite?

i my self would not be interested in anything designed for the pci cards as the may not work properly with the xite?
(but with that said i respect the company very much so for always keeping their hardware going for decades)

Major props and big ups to sonic-core. loved this company for years, it really is the center peice to all my music making.
Shroomz~>

Post by Shroomz~> »

garyb wrote:the new SDK is for everyone(who has at least a 14 dsp card).
the 40% discount offer is just a great deal as a "thank you", for those who participate and a way to give a bump to the next level of developement at S|C.
Happy Days 8)
siriusbliss

Post by siriusbliss »

I'm really looking forward to seeing and hearing what you all come up with.

...and I assume the SDK is for Xite only going forward - but that's an assumption.

Greg
dante

Post by dante »

Or...could be sdk 4.0 compiled to run on x32 and x64 for win7. That would save developers running XITE on W7 from having to swap from one machine to another during build/test cycles.
garyb

Post by garyb »

Liquid EDGE wrote:Also i think the sdk should of been only for xite as thats the future and wouldn't we want fully optimised plug ins for the xite?
yes, that's part of the reason for the offer, to try to entice developers to make the jump. most utilitarian plugins made for pci cards work very well with the XITE. it's mainly big, special ones that have problems going from pci to XITE. i think that big stuff is mainly going to be done for XITE anyway from here on out. i think it's great that people might make something useful in any case. people who really enjoy making things will want to move to an XITE soon enough, so they can kick themselves for not taking this offer when they could...
(maybe :wink: )
Last edited by garyb on Fri Jul 08, 2011 12:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
HUROLURA

Post by HUROLURA »

If the SDK 5.1 is "just" a 5.1 compatible rebuild SDK to use the new Scope 5.1 drivers then it would be good to reason for me to migrate from SDK 4.0 Scope Pro PCI Win XP system to SDK 5.1 Xite-1 Win 7 system.

The reason why I kept an "old" Scope 4.0 setup with my 15 DSP PCI SDK board when I bought the Xite-1 was because I wanted to keep my SDK system.

Now I could smoothly migrate the SDK setup to Xite-1 Win 7 PC and then afterward update the old Win XP PCI system to scope 5.1 and change it from a SDK system to an IO expansion subsystem fior the Xite-1. :)

What would need to be explained is whether the SDK 5.1 would also run on old 15 DSP scope pci.

I also imagine the deadline is also quite short as grabbing the necessary money in such a short time is not that easy.
To get my Xite-1, I spare a full yeear and a half and sold quite a few other old gears.
But I also imagine that pepople who were patiently sparing for an Xite could find here a nice offer to burst their decision.

So who will take the chance ???
borg

Post by borg »

HUROLURA wrote:So who will take the chance ???
I'm very tempted, but I'm not a developper, nor have I got the licence. (should have listened to Atom long time ago, and just apply :oops: )
I'm really tempted to get the 1D...
andy
the lunatics are in the hall
dawman

Post by dawman »

I was a middleman for Prostitutes at Conventions, sold re confiscated drugs seized by Vice Cops and collected unemployment while I was working to get my XITE-1.
I even hung out at Gay Bars where the drinks were free...
Ain't no mountain high enough when it comes to the XITE-1......
siriusbliss

Post by siriusbliss »

XITE-1/4LIVE wrote:I was a middleman for Prostitutes at Conventions, sold re confiscated drugs seized by Vice Cops and collected unemployment while I was working to get my XITE-1.
I even hung out at Gay Bars where the drinks were free...
Ain't no mountain high enough when it comes to the XITE-1......
I can't wait for the memoire.

Greg
Xite rig - ADK laptop - i7 975 3.33 GHz Quad w/HT 8meg cache /MDR3-4G/1066SODIMM / VD-GGTX280M nVidia GeForce GTX 280M w/1GB DDR3
jksuperstar

Post by jksuperstar »

or the sound track ;)
dawman

Post by dawman »

Well my Star Of Stage & Screen status keeps me from incriminating myself publicly, but Ralf from S|C used my pimping threads to hustle while at NAMM and Messe.
Conventions are a great way to make some cash.
Especially in the Soviet State of California where water sells for 4 bucks a bottle.
Just pushing a cart by the booths and selling Chilled Gallons to stranded employees brings 10 bucks a gallon. 20 of those and you off to a good start.
I heard Ralf did really well with the Ho's though.......
Even with the lame Mr. T Starter kit the fish were jumpin' while the XITE's were thumpin'.....
johndunn

Post by johndunn »

Can someone please give me a link to the SDK information at SC? I searched the site but couldn't find anything.
-jd
Algorithmic Arts
http://algoart.com
dbmac

Post by dbmac »

johndunn

Post by johndunn »

Thanks! That got me to the form, which I filled out and submitted. But there was no information other than the form itself. Is there a SDK page up now, or do folks just get this information out of the eather? (Maybe I should remove my tin foil hat so not to block reception.....)
-jd
Algorithmic Arts
http://algoart.com
HUROLURA

Post by HUROLURA »

There is no more SDK info at SC website for the moment.

If you want the link to the newsletter giving you acces to filling a form :

http://www.sonic-core.net/newsletter/sdk/sdk-m1-en.html

then

http://sonic-core.net/joomla.soniccore/ ... rme&fid=14

but this would give you no particular explanation about what the SDK is.

The best would be to have a look at the "Scope and XITE Development" part of this forum and ask questions.

or look at the short description of SDK 4.0 which one can find there:

http://www.deviceplug-ins.com/what.htm

or

http://www.postunder.net/files/minimag/ ... eview.html
garyb

Post by garyb »

Borg, you can join in the fun, if you just write a short email to support requesting the SDK and the XITE-D(if that's what you want). i'm sure they'd be happy to have you on board.
djmicron

Post by djmicron »

i received the sdk announcement from sonic core and filled in the on-site form, but it looks like a xite hardware discount.
I have asked about having the new sdk v5 on pci cards and no response at the moment.
Time will tell...
garyb

Post by garyb »

yes, the SDK will work on the old boards. this wasn't the formal SDK announcement. it is an offer to SDK users for a very short time. naturally, S|C would like to see everybody developing for the new hardware.
Neutron

Post by Neutron »

It would have been nice if they had mentioned it BEFORE I went and bought an XITE-1 for full price, but new SDK is great news.
siriusbliss

Post by siriusbliss »

Neutron wrote:It would have been nice if they had mentioned it BEFORE I went and bought an XITE-1 for full price, but new SDK is great news.
True, but then I've already got almost two years of heavy use out of mine, so I'm looking forward to new juicy devices. :wink:

Greg