S|C new Website, Release of SCOPE XITE-1 D and v5.1

Planet Z Announcements

Moderators: valis, garyb

Holger Drenkelfort

S|C new Website, Release of SCOPE XITE-1 D and v5.1

Post by Holger Drenkelfort »

Dear SCOPE Community,

I want to thank you all for your loyalty, your patience and your support!

We all know the special meaning of the word "soon" related to SC. We now had the inspiration to first have the products done and on stock, and THEN announce it :)

So... we will be online "very soon" with a new website and some news:

- SCOPE XITE-1 D released
It is a unit with less DSP and no front I/Os,
available for an interesting price.

- SCOPE v5.1 released
This is for both 64 and 32 bit Windows

- A16 MK-II new A16
Cooperation Sonic Core / Ferrofish

- Pro Audio for Broadcast, Event & Theater
This was what I did after Creamware and
before Sonic Core. Now we bring it together.

- XMAS offer until Dec. 24th
This time with XITE-1, SCOPE 5.1 and the Modular IV

There might be some bugs on our new website. Please feel free to report :)

Have a peaceful Advent season and a merry Christmas. I wish that 2011 will be one of the best years for all of us!

Yours
S|C Holger
Last edited by Holger Drenkelfort on Wed Dec 08, 2010 12:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
erminardi

Re: S|C new Website, Release of SCOPE XITE-1 D and v5.1

Post by erminardi »

:o -> :D
Merry X-Mas Holger, and all the S|C staff, thanks for all!
4PC + Scope 5.0 + no more Xite + 2xScope Pro + 6xPulsarII + 2xLunaII + SDK + a lot of devices (Flexor III & Solaris 4.1 etc.) + Plugiator.
next to nothing

Post by next to nothing »

Thanks Holger, I will get my VISA card out ASAP :)
A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.
erminardi

Post by erminardi »

It's possible to list here the difference (or bug fixes), apart the new 32/64bit drivers, from 5.0 to 5.1?
In particular (for my interests), does XTC mode is stable and fully functional now?
Thanks in advance.
4PC + Scope 5.0 + no more Xite + 2xScope Pro + 6xPulsarII + 2xLunaII + SDK + a lot of devices (Flexor III & Solaris 4.1 etc.) + Plugiator.
chriskorff

Post by chriskorff »

Whoop!

Quick question - does anyone know if the 3DSP system (shown here: http://sonic-core.net/joomla.soniccore/ ... 22&lang=us) is new?

Cheers!

Chris
Music Manic

Post by Music Manic »

5.1 ?
Don't we already have that?
next to nothing

Post by next to nothing »

Hmm, is physical shipping of software the only option?
A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.
Fede

Post by Fede »

Very very big disappointment.

It is a complete non-sense from my point of view.
- The xite cut down version costs a little less than the big version did a while ago. It is not at an affordable price. 1000 eur should have been the target price.
- Now the XITE big version is completely overpriced.
- The 5.1 update only include the 64bit driver but nothing that shouldn't have already been in 5.0 when it was announced, and still misses osx support (THAT WAS ANNOUNCED IN 5.0), it is in fact the stable 5.0 which isn't a finished product. When will I get the full (non beta) 5.0 with osx support?

It's time to seriously consider migrating for me. Apple Logic (479 eur) will do the job with some FW interface and a macbook, which I'm buying in any case.

cheers
Fede

P.S.: I was forgetting, I really don't need any Scope forum other than this: waste of time and resources.
nightscope

Post by nightscope »

What's the deal on v5.1? I'm on v5.0.2615. Do I pay or nay to get v5.1?

ns
“Women and rhythm-section first!”
Bud Weiser

Post by Bud Weiser »

Holger Drenkelfort wrote: Dear SCOPE Community,

- SCOPE XITE-1 D released
It is a unit with less DSP and no front I/Os,
available for an intersting price.

Yours
S|C Holger
Hello!

It would be great to know more tech details about Xite-1D.
Xite-1 offers 12 of the new Sharcs and 6 of the old ones.

What´s up w/ Xite-1 D ?
Is that a mix of new and old chips too ?
If not,- are all the plugins included in Scope 5.1 already optimized for the new Sharc chips ?

Hope it´s not a dumb question.
Actually I use a old 15 DSP card and Scope 4, but also have some 3rd party plugins,- so it is of interest which will run on a Xite-1 D and after a software upgrade to Scope 5.1.

thx

Bud
Fluxpod

Post by Fluxpod »

Looking good!

I would like to see a complete Bugfix list from 5,xxx to 5.1 tho.If there are some Important fixes in the midi sync dept then i upgrade right away. :)

And the new Website looks way better then before!
abelius

Post by abelius »

Very very big disappointment.

It is a complete non-sense from my point of view.
- The xite cut down version costs a little less than the big version did a while ago. It is not at an affordable price. 1000 eur should have been the target price.
- Now the XITE big version is completely overpriced.
- The 5.1 update only include the 64bit driver but nothing that shouldn't have already been in 5.0 when it was announced, and still misses osx support (THAT WAS ANNOUNCED IN 5.0), it is in fact the stable 5.0 which isn't a finished product. When will I get the full (non beta) 5.0 with osx support?

It's time to seriously consider migrating for me. Apple Logic (479 eur) will do the job with some FW interface and a macbook, which I'm buying in any case.

cheers
Fede

P.S.: I was forgetting, I really don't need any Scope forum other than this: waste of time and resources.

I totally agree with you
I have all what they offer and in the unfinished version 5.0 and now I want to charge for the 5.1 grgrgrgrgrgrgr !!!!!!!
sorry for my English
Ben Walker

Post by Ben Walker »

Holger Drenkelfort wrote: There might be some bugs on our new website. Please feel free to report :)
Well, there's LOTS of German content on the English language pages. You probably know about this already, but I can provide a list if required.

But very glad to see the platform is still being actively worked on - sometimes we did wonder.. ;-)

Best wishes,
Ben
dawman

Post by dawman »

I am so glad to see SC made the choice of staying Pro Audio niche insteading of caving in.
You can always release even smaller cheaper models later on that could fall into the consumer market.
Many folks around here have been drooling over the XITE-1 for 20 months so the idea of a cheaper version should sell like Hot Cakes.

I am extremely happy for SC and for all of us.
the19thbear

Post by the19thbear »

Im not really dissapointed. Its cool that sc are working!
But i dont understand why the upped the price on the xite 1!
The xite D seems to expensive i Think! I know you get alot of software but for all the new potential customers there has to be a cheaper, pcie driven alternative! I just dont see people bying this. If there was a smaller/cheaper alternative i Think there would be more potential customers...in these protools native days, you have to be carefull with pricey dsp solutions!
But its still good to see the new madi converter and that a new product has been released:)
babaorum

Post by babaorum »

I don't understand the price for v5.1 for v5.0 users. It's annonced at 98€ :
is it only the x-mas price ? ok if this is then when we go to the shop the price listed is :129€ (20.6 tax included)
129 - 20.6 = 108.4 ==> where is the 98 € price ? :-?
is there a gift code to write on the order ? where ?

Thanx for help

I'm very happy to have this very good news but some explanations are welcome for the price ....

regards
baba

[edit] ok I understand ! for the 3DSP card it's 129 ... hummm ok not very cool and why is it different between 3 and 6 DSP cards ? :o [/edit]

[re-edit]no I don't understand :D I have v5.0 why when I click for this update I 'm on a 129 € price ????? [/re-edit]
Sonic Core Luna II + Pulsar II scope v5.1.2709-x64, Cubase 9.0.20 (64), Pro Tools 12.7, Wavelab element 9 (64), windows 8.1 pro (64), Asus P6T 18Go RAM core i7 920, SSL Duende Native - Lexicon PCM Reverb Bundle - Waves - Sonnox
maky325

Post by maky325 »

I do like the fact that they are alive and working.
I do like new website. It is better then old one.

I do not like:

- price of so called "affordable" XITE-1 D - Come on..1500EUR price range should be absolute top for that.
- increase on XITE-1 price ??? Say what?? I am not sure why do they think that by releasing smaller "XITE-1 D" they think bigger XITE will become much more desirable or what? They increased XITE-1 price to force sale of smaller XITE which is already overpriced at start? I just can't get it.
- paying for 64 bit driver? Hm...i could understand that. But it is only a 64 bit driver. People are still working on unfinished 5.0.. with confirmed bugs..Weird..But asking 100 EUR for 64 bit driver and "future" support will not generate any good IMHO. 50 EUR for an upgrade should be top of the roof.
- unclear info?? We only know number of DSP in smaler XITE but we do not know how many of new and how many of old DSP are inside? What performance ratio one should expect? Strongest XITE-1 has been announced as 10x more powerful then single Scope Pro card yet no one ever achieved that. Ok they are supposed to optimize things but with everything already said this so called "optimization" is still floating in air. That said i am not sure what to expect from smaller xite but i would like to know real numbers not 10X more powerful (or 5x for smaller xite) "in the future when we optimize software"...

edit: I think people would be more happy to see Modular IV included in the price of an upgrade or something like that. At least some kind of motivation to buy upgrade. Xmas like..
For some reason i am under impression that someone at SC is constantly missing a point (in making attractive product pricing). I guess that's why some hire financial managers and financial experts..
Last edited by maky325 on Thu Dec 09, 2010 12:31 am, edited 4 times in total.
bosone

Post by bosone »

i will probably buy the upgrade since sooner or later i'ìll migrate to 64 bit, but i' somewhat disappointed by the package content...
i already have almost all plugins, i just miss vinco, interpole and vectron... maybe mod iV should have been included in the package...
maky325

Post by maky325 »

Wait...Old and loyal customers using old cards (3/6/15 DSP) are going to pay biggest price for an upgrade. 158 EUR via XMAS sale :-? That is surely a misprint or something..What after XMAS sale end? 200 EUR??
yayajohn

Post by yayajohn »

chriskorff wrote:Whoop!

Quick question - does anyone know if the 3DSP system (shown here: http://sonic-core.net/joomla.soniccore/ ... 22&lang=us) is new?

Cheers!

Chris

A newly designed dsp card would surely be PCIe not PCI......right?